Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 07:56 AM   #16
Reese D
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2aandj View Post
Very interesting! Really good to hear you could get Soarin and Test track and not be limited to just one e ticket. It's also fascinating how their testing process allows people to actually get in the system and make reservtions!!
I'd have to guess that was a huge mistake on someones part.

OP - Thanks for the info. Sounds exciting.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #17
HippieChickadee
Mouseketeer

I don't see fastpass+ as an option on my disney app where you said yours was located. I so badly want one for test track
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #18
Ladcassidy
Mouseketeer

I've had fastpass+ information show up on both the website and the app intermittently, but the buttons have always been grayed out -- no functionality.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:23 AM   #19
poohbear13
Yoda, Jedi Master

Thank you for sharing.

They made it right by giving you the fast passes... another reason I love Disney! Always willing to make things right and magical!

2006 Aug.~ CBR 2009 July ~ CBR 2011 July~ POR
2011 Dec. ~ POR 2012 Dec. ~ CSR
2013 Nov. ~ CBR 2015 Jan. ~ POR

Old 02-26-2013, 08:35 AM   #20
UNCFanatik
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear13 View Post
Thank you for sharing.

They made it right by giving you the fast passes... another reason I love Disney! Always willing to make things right and magical!
How was this making anything "right"?

and you cant make any firm conclusions from this one instance to say how the FP+ will work when it is fully rolled out and operational
Old 02-26-2013, 08:37 AM   #21
ManyMinnie
DIS Veteran

Another IT fail on Disney's part.

There is no way something like that should have been live in the testing stages.

Oh wait ~ this is Disney IT we're talking about.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:46 AM   #22
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCFanatik View Post
How was this making anything "right"?
Well, you had a family that, through no fault of their own, entered the park with the reasonable expectation that they were in possession of legitimate FP+s which would enable them to skip lines at three major attractions. Disney, recognizing the error on their part, could have said: "Sorry. The system is not operational. Not sure how this happened, but, no FP for you!" Instead, they said: "Sorry for the inconvenience. Since you believed that you had FP+s for these attractions due to an error on our end, we are going to make sure that you receive exactly what you thought you had in the first place. Here you go. FPs to use at your discretion." A fix that costs Disney nothing. I would say that they "made it right".
Old 02-26-2013, 08:46 AM   #23
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyMinnie View Post
Another IT fail on Disney's part.

There is no way something like that should have been live in the testing stages.

Oh wait ~ this is Disney IT we're talking about.
My thoughts exactly. You can't let something like that go live even for a moment when you're as big as Disney.

Not surprising though.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #24
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. We'll be there in August. Hopefully it is working then and we can see how it is working.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:53 AM   #25
UNCFanatik
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
Well, you had a family that, through no fault of their own, entered the park with the reasonable expectation that they were in possession of legitimate FP+s which would enable them to skip lines at three major attractions. Disney, recognizing the error on their part, could have said: "Sorry. The system is not operational. Not sure how this happened, but, no FP for you!" Instead, they said: "Sorry for the inconvenience. Since you believed that you had FP+s for these attractions due to an error on our end, we are going to make sure that you receive exactly what you thought you had in the first place. Here you go. FPs to use at your discretion." A fix that costs Disney nothing. I would say that they "made it right".
The OP has been a member of the DIS since 2011. In her reported discussion with CMs, she demonstrated a knowledge of how FP+ were purported to work. Did the OP really think that the FP+ was fully operational and that they would be able to pull FP+?

I could buy your position more if a guest that had zero idea of FP+ went and was able to do this.

The OP wasnt inconvenienced in any way. There was no "making it right" necessary.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:00 AM   #26
WMorganS
Flapping My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear13
Thank you for sharing.

Remember to send an email or something when a CM is extra helpful. IMO, expressions of gratitude help make any job worthwhile, and for CM's it goes in their file. Note: I'm NOT a CM ;-)
Old 02-26-2013, 09:08 AM   #27
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash&Maggie View Post
The four different options: A,B,C & D gave us different scenarios of return times. Option A gave us pretty quick return times to the attractions. The others were staggered out differently. I didn't look at them too closely as we were on our way in to the park but it seemed like the options varied and could work if you had, for example, dining reservations that you were trying to work around. I wish I would have taken screen shots of the different options on my phone but didn't think of it at the time.

The other interesting thing was there were attractions listed that do not currently have fast pass such as Spaceship Earth, The Seas with Nemo and Journey Into Imagination and you had the option of choosing from some of these attractions as well.

So you couldn't select the specific return time individually for each attraction? That's the big takeaway for me (that plus you were able to select two E-tickets).

Old 02-26-2013, 09:11 AM   #28
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745 View Post
So you couldn't select the specific return time individually for each attraction? That's the big takeaway for me (that plus you were able to select two E-tickets).
If I remember correctly, when I helped my friend with her test selections in December, she took what they offered, then was able to refine the time for just one of the selections. I think.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:11 AM   #29
Waddler
Mouseketeer

Interesting! If the app had allowed me to make FP+ reservations, I would've tried, too. Why not? I would've surmised that WDW was doing a "soft opening" of the system.

I'm glad they gave you fastpasses as compensation for your time.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:18 AM   #30
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddler View Post
I would've surmised that WDW was doing a "soft opening" of the system.

I'm glad they gave you fastpasses as compensation for your time.
Seems a reasonable conclusion for anyone reading these boards the last few months.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: