Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 08:45 AM   #16
imthegoose
Earning My Ears

My 180 date was 2 days ago. At that time BoG was unavailable for 180 +10. I have been calling back twice a day since. A few helpful CM's I spoke to looked to see how many reservations were already made for the specific date I wanted to go. He saw 4 reservations. The restaurant is in no way full. No idea when we'll be able to make reservations but it has nothing to do with it being filled. I will continue to try twice a day until I get into this place!
imthegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #17
frannn
please stop the madnesssss already & tag me
From the TF...someone pls call 911 for Frann, she held her breath until I tagged her and she apparently turned blue and fell down. :)

Here's a non-helpful update

Spoke to a CM yesterday who kept insisting BOG was filled up for August. I explained the situation to her- that I've been trying at 6AM for several days and it appears nothing has become available since last week. Plus, I mentioned that a previous CM has checked and found no ADRs booked at the end of August. She sent a query out while I was on the phone to find out if there was something going on. She got an answer back that yes, there was something (forgot the exact word she used), and there was no info that could be given, but they were told to encourage guests to keep trying. I tried asking for additional info in a few different ways, but it seems as if they told her nothing but that there was something that was causing an issue with ADRs being booked and people should keep trying. I would think the earlier poster that mentioned something about them testing FP+ there now may be onto something- only because it is the only thing I've heard specific to this time period and this restaurant. So, at least they are aware of the issue and hopefully will address it.
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 10:48 AM   #18
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

Nothing at noon
Old 02-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #19
mmdmkmmm
Earning My Ears

I hit 180 yesterday and tried 3x to get BOG. Had one cast member tell me I couldn't make reservations because I wasn't 180 yet (?!?!?), 1 tell me that it was completely booked the entire week and one tell me that I should just go wait in line for lunch because dinner is impossible to get. Never heard answers like that from CM's before!!

mmdmkmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #20
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

Still nothing at 5. Off to my book group. If anyone tries tonight will you post your outcome? Thanks - hoping to be home bfor 930 when the dining line closes to try one last time. Good thing I'm not busy this week.
I would only do this for a beloved grandchild- and I am somehow convinced that the ADRs are not in the system for my date yet - eternal optimist.
I am pixie dusting myself!
Old 02-26-2013, 04:41 PM   #21
E&K's Dad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjakmom View Post
Still nothing at 5. Off to my book group. If anyone tries tonight will you post your outcome? Thanks - hoping to be home bfor 930 when the dining line closes to try one last time. Good thing I'm not busy this week.
I would only do this for a beloved grandchild- and I am somehow convinced that the ADRs are not in the system for my date yet - eternal optimist.
I am pixie dusting myself!
I just tried as well. Nothing. . .
E&K's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:41 PM   #22
kingken
LOVEFLORIDA

even though it is costing me a forunte to phone frpm england i was again told no BOG times available upto sat 26 august and as i am 5 hours ahead i got on at opening time so not possibke to be booked up in a minute!!!!!!!!!!
will keep at it online but looking more and more like a long q and lunch

Last edited by kingken; 02-26-2013 at 04:50 PM.
kingken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #23
imthegoose
Earning My Ears

6:55 EST.... still nothing!
imthegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:31 PM   #24
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

keep trying!

For some reason others have been having trouble for August. It is the ones with odd numbers in their party.

Call or make a reservation on line for an even number.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 AKV Kidani June 2016

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #25
DeeCeeSW
DIS Veteran

Odd or even, the numbers have nothing to do with the lack of availability for the end of August. I just had a CM confirm that BOG has not been loaded into their system for dates 8/29-on. According to her, everything prior to the 29th has already been filled by those who booked their 180 +10. I was testing things out last week and there was a good amount of availability for BOG the 3rd week in August. Then all of a sudden...POOF!

Last edited by DeeCeeSW; 02-26-2013 at 06:45 PM.
DeeCeeSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:06 PM   #26
WeCantWait
DIS Veteran

9:05PM Est. still nothing.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:24 PM   #27
HockeyMomNH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeCeeSW View Post
Odd or even, the numbers have nothing to do with the lack of availability for the end of August. I just had a CM confirm that BOG has not been loaded into their system for dates 8/29-on. According to her, everything prior to the 29th has already been filled by those who booked their 180 +10. I was testing things out last week and there was a good amount of availability for BOG the 3rd week in August. Then all of a sudden...POOF!
I agree, there is definitely something fishy going on here.

My trip is Aug 20th -30th. So my 180+10 was last week. I called on the morning of my 180 and was on the phone with a cm at about 7:30. There was no availability at that time for any day through the end of the month. The cm told me that she had at that time already had already checked for the last customer through August and gotten no availability.

When you take into account the fact that the new website is not letting people book past 180 online, that means that the restaurant was completely booked up for Aug 30th in the first half hour that the phone lines were open. Taking into account the fact that not everyone is making reservations for a ten day trip, that seems really unlikely to me. Especially since I have seen other posts from people who booked a few days earlier who said that there were still several times to choose from.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:12 AM   #28
PinkiexLi
Earning My Ears

I sent an email to WDW customer service. See below email string....I didn't get a response after pointing out that she didn't help at all.

To Whom it May Concern:

You really did not help at all since I've already called 407WDWDINE and was informed that I am unable to make the dining reservation for Be Our Guest and I still am unable to plan anything for the Magic Kingdom Park during my stay, which is why I sent an e-mail to WDW in the first place.

I am extremely upset by Disney cast members giving the run around regarding this issue. What is the reason that the schedule and dining reservation for Be Our Guest are not available when it is stated that reservations can be made 180 days prior?

Please give me a straight answer. It is very frustrating that I cannot plan anything due to the inavailability of the park hours and dining reservations for Be Our Guest. Instructing me to consistanly continue to check up is not acceptable.

Regards,
Frances

From: Walt Disney World Guest Mail <guest.mail@wdw.disneyonline.com>
To: frances
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 1:50 PM
Subject: Re: Dining, Tours, Recreation and Cirque du Soleil

Dear Frances,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

That is correct that you are able to book advanced dining reservations at the 180 days plus 10 days ahead of your arrival if you would like, however that is something that can only be done by calling in to one of our Reservation Agents. If you would like to make that arrangement you can certainly call in to the Disney Reservation Center at (407)WDW-DINE.
For Disney's Main Street Electrical Parade we do not currently have a schedule out that far, at this time we have Disney's Main Street Electrical Parade's schedule up through July 31, 2013. We should have that released by the beginning of next month.
If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Crystal Linton
WDW Online Communications
PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

Original Message Follows: ------------------------
To Whom it May Concern:

I was informed that since I am staying at a Disney World Resort (Art of Animation confirmation no. *******) that I am able to make dining reservations 180 days prior plus 10 days. August 27th is within my 10 day window. Please double check if I can make an advance dining reservation for dinner at Be Our Guest for a party of 2 on August 27th.

Please let me know if the Electrical Parade will be running on August 27th or August 29th.

Thank you,

Frances

From: Walt Disney World Guest Mail <guest.mail@wdw.disneyonline.com>
To: frances
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 9:54 AM
Subject: Re: Dining, Tours, Recreation and Cirque du Soleil

Dear Frances,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

We do apologize for any difficulties that you are experiencing with
booking your dining reservations, I do see that for your date that you
are looking to make a reservation for Be Our Guest Restaurant we are not
accepting reservations at this time, as we only are able to make
reservations 180 days prior to a reservation date and that date would
currently be at August 25, 2013, so you will be able to make
reservations for August 27, 2013 on February 28, 2013. If you will
respond back to us with the dates that you would like to know when the
Main Street Electrical Parade is running we would be happy to look up
that for you.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us.

Sincerely,
Crystal Linton
WDW Online Communications

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and
should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
I will be visiting the WDW Resort for the first time in Aug 2013. I am
extremely excited; however, today is the 180th before our trip and I
cannot believe that I am already disappointed and discouraged by the
experience I've been having trying to plan my first visit.

First of all, park hour info for Magic Kingdom Park is not available for
Aug 2013 and second, advance dining reservations are not available for
Be Our Guest.

I would like to have dinner at BOG on Aug 27 for a party of 2 and would
like to know what days the Electrical Parade is available
PinkiexLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:55 AM   #29
gorjus121
Mouseketeer

Got one!

Thank goodness. I was able to nab a reservation at 5:45 am this morning for 5/2 for 6 people at 5:00 pm.

There is also a 4 pm available if anyone needs it!!!

• 2014 - Yacht Club/Marriott Harbour Lake
  • 2013 - Polynesian/Marriott Grande Vista
  • 2012 - Contemporary/Marriott Harbour Lake
gorjus121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:17 AM   #30
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorjus121 View Post
Thank goodness. I was able to nab a reservation at 5:45 am this morning for 5/2 for 6 people at 5:00 pm.

There is also a 4 pm available if anyone needs it!!!
Wow! That's the first ADR I've heard of in a week - did you call or do it online?

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: