DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 08:02 AM   #1
shellbelle1971
7 young DIS-ers in our castle
 
shellbelle1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Utah
Posts: 680

Waiting For ROFR

Have you ever had Disney give word on ROFR in less than 30 days? I wish... We're on day 19 today. Sigh...
__________________
STARRING:
Mama Michelle

supporting cast:

Ethan Charity Elijah Calvin Levi Naomi & Ivy
shellbelle1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:42 AM   #2
JMW123
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellbelle1971 View Post
Have you ever had Disney give word on ROFR in less than 30 days? I wish... We're on day 19 today. Sigh...
Yes, when the buy your contract from under you....

It seems that a rule of thumb is that if they are going to exercise ROFR it happens usually in less than 21 or so days.

If they are going to let you pass you usually find out on a Tuesday or Weds and it is the last Tues or Weds possible that falls with your 30 day period.

i.e. I submitted on a Weds and found out 4 Weds's later, exactly 28 Days.
JMW123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-25-2013, 10:06 AM   #3
johnsbelt
Mouseketeer
 
johnsbelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kettering, OH
Posts: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellbelle1971 View Post
Have you ever had Disney give word on ROFR in less than 30 days? I wish... We're on day 19 today. Sigh...
Yes, when we purchased, we passed ROFR in 7 days. That was before any restrictions on re-sale AND IS DEFINATELY NOT THE NORM. I guess I had quite a bit of pixie dust sent my way from the ROFR angels. :-)

John
johnsbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #4
lodge
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 841

7 days! That must be a record!! I have never seen that!! Yep, pixie dust for sure!!
lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #5
shellbelle1971
7 young DIS-ers in our castle
 
shellbelle1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Utah
Posts: 680

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMW123 View Post
Yes, when the buy your contract from under you....
Ok...patience is a virtue, I guess. It's just not *my* virtue.
__________________
STARRING:
Mama Michelle

supporting cast:

Ethan Charity Elijah Calvin Levi Naomi & Ivy
shellbelle1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #6
shellbelle1971
7 young DIS-ers in our castle
 
shellbelle1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Utah
Posts: 680

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsbelt View Post
Yes, when we purchased, we passed ROFR in 7 days. That was before any restrictions on re-sale AND IS DEFINATELY NOT THE NORM. I guess I had quite a bit of pixie dust sent my way from the ROFR angels. :-)

John
WOW!! 7 days! I'm trying to restrain my jealousy!
__________________
STARRING:
Mama Michelle

supporting cast:

Ethan Charity Elijah Calvin Levi Naomi & Ivy
shellbelle1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #7
Joey7295
DIS Veteran
 
Joey7295's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 824

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMW123 View Post
Yes, when the buy your contract from under you....

It seems that a rule of thumb is that if they are going to exercise ROFR it happens usually in less than 21 or so days.

If they are going to let you pass you usually find out on a Tuesday or Weds and it is the last Tues or Weds possible that falls with your 30 day period.

i.e. I submitted on a Weds and found out 4 Weds's later, exactly 28 Days.
I agree. They usually take as many days as possible before they let a contract pass
Joey7295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #8
lville23
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 34

The longer you go the better the odds. My last contract was ROFR'd on day ten, which inluded two weekends and one Monday Holiday (MLK).
lville23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #9
ELMC
DIS Veteran
 
ELMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,981

Agreed. If you are the type to worry about passing ROFR, you really only need to worry for the first two weeks. If you hit that mark without hearing anything, you are more than likely home free.
__________________
ELMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:36 PM   #10
Sandisw
Moderator
 
Sandisw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 9,687
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC
Agreed. If you are the type to worry about passing ROFR, you really only need to worry for the first two weeks. If you hit that mark without hearing anything, you are more than likely home free.
That's good to hear...we hit 30 days this week...we went to Disney on 1/28 and its a BLT Dec UY, so maybe the fact that we made it this far is a good sign they might not take it...
__________________
Sandi



Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #11
ELMC
DIS Veteran
 
ELMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandisw View Post
That's good to hear...we hit 30 days this week...we went to Disney on 1/28 and its a BLT Dec UY, so maybe the fact that we made it this far is a good sign they might not take it...
Here's hoping! Good luck to you.
__________________
ELMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:30 PM   #12
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002
 
KAT4DISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nevada
Posts: 9,161

I had one that had a verbal OK after 1 day and the written notice came 6 days later.

Not the norm though. And the reason there was a verbal ok was that it was a contract Disney had begun foreclosure on several weeks earlier but then a clerk had accidentally pulled the file so rather than continue the foreclosure they let the owners sell it.
__________________
Kathy

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #13
shellbelle1971
7 young DIS-ers in our castle
 
shellbelle1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Utah
Posts: 680

Guess what...we just got news that our contract passed ROFR today--20 days after it was submitted. Hooray!
__________________
STARRING:
Mama Michelle

supporting cast:

Ethan Charity Elijah Calvin Levi Naomi & Ivy
shellbelle1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:22 PM   #14
Joey7295
DIS Veteran
 
Joey7295's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 824

I passed today at 22 days
Joey7295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:03 PM   #15
WDWfanatic2
Earning My Ears
 
WDWfanatic2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 65

I passed today at 18 days
__________________
WDWfanatic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.