Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2013, 06:07 PM   #106
Kidlette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
Thanks, Kidlette, I guess my question must have sounded as if I was heading this up and wasn't sure what to do, but Kew423 will be organizing and I just wanted to put a link to the listing that she creates. I am not sure if she has headed one up before or not, but I think she has participated in at least one. Thanks for the tips, I am sure she will find them helpful when she sets this up.
No worries, it just sounded like there was some confusion so I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in!

By the way - take Steve up on that map, it's GREAT!

Coming Soon - January 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas!
October 2012: Disney Wonder (Mexican Riviera)
January 2011: Disney Wonder (Mexican Riviera)
January 2011: Disney Wonder (Cruise to Nowhere)
January 2010: Animal Kingdom Villas
January 2009: Animal Kingdom Villas
January 2009: Coronado Springs Resort
January 2009: Disney Wonder (Bahamas)
October 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter
xxxxMay 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort
January 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter

Kidlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:51 PM   #107
Kidlette
DIS Veteran

A friend of mine and Steve's (someone we both met on the last Disney Cruise we did together) made this for us. Feel free to use it for something if you'd like, or not . . . doesn't matter to me! Anyway, it's here if you want it

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2013, 08:10 AM   #108
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

Oh, I love it. This will definitely be on my cabin door. Thank you so much for sharing with the rest of us. I am not creative enough to do something like this, so I do appreciate those that share.

Would anyone like to tell this technology challenged old person how to get it into their signature? I have saved the image to my desktop, but I don't know if I need to put it into something Photobucket or not or if the size would need to be changed.

Update, copying to Photobucket and then pasting the img code worked, but it was too big. Now to figure out how to make the image smaller. I got it. Probably should go a little smaller, but I think this is not too bad.

Last edited by RweTHEREyet; 03-31-2013 at 10:44 AM.
RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:16 AM   #109
RweTHEREyet

Happy Easter to everyone.

Easter usually signifies Spring is here in my part of the world, but it is a cool, rainy day here today, not conducive to egg hunts, or outdoor photos of people in their Sunday best that we usually see in my neighborhood. I hope everyone has a good day. I know mine will be spent with family enjoying a nice meal later today.

Last edited by RweTHEREyet; 03-31-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:46 AM   #110
Kidlette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, I love it. This will definitely be on my cabin door. Thank you so much for sharing with the rest of us. I am not creative enough to do something like this, so I do appreciate those that share.

Would anyone like to tell this technology challenged old person how to get it into their signature? I have saved the image to my desktop, but I don't know if I need to put it into something Photobucket or not or if the size would need to be changed.

Update, copying to Photobucket and then pasting the img code worked, but it was too big. Now to figure out how to make the image smaller. I got it. Probably should go a little smaller, but I think this is not too bad.
My pleasure! I've made the group logo for a couple of sailings in the past but I don't really feel up to it this time. Do we want to come up with an official group name and logo for this cruise? Any graphic designers in our group who want to help with that? I'll start thinking of some name options and let you know what I come up with. In the past I've also made a free google website to house all of our group info (ask Steve how that was), but again, I don't feel up to it. I will look at the old page though and see if there are any useful pages I can link from that site. I don't know - this group is pretty active and could be fun. Let me ponder that one, maybe I'll do it again. (HAHA - I've always wanted to use that emoticon and never had a reason to - YAY!)

We are not religious, but just like Christmas, we "kind of" celebrate. For us, today is about making our daughter smile. Unfortunately, Lorelai is sick We're hoping she gets better by Wednesday as we're supposed to meet Steve and his FABULOUS family at Disneyland! Not to mention I hate seeing my little girl sick I hope you feel better soon baby - mommy loves you!

Old 03-31-2013, 01:34 PM   #111
RweTHEREyet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidlette View Post
My pleasure! I've made the group logo for a couple of sailings in the past but I don't really feel up to it this time. Do we want to come up with an official group name and logo for this cruise? Any graphic designers in our group who want to help with that? I'll start thinking of some name options and let you know what I come up with. In the past I've also made a free google website to house all of our group info (ask Steve how that was), but again, I don't feel up to it. I will look at the old page though and see if there are any useful pages I can link from that site. I don't know - this group is pretty active and could be fun. Let me ponder that one, maybe I'll do it again. (HAHA - I've always wanted to use that emoticon and never had a reason to - YAY!)

We are not religious, but just like Christmas, we "kind of" celebrate. For us, today is about making our daughter smile. Unfortunately, Lorelai is sick We're hoping she gets better by Wednesday as we're supposed to meet Steve and his FABULOUS family at Disneyland! Not to mention I hate seeing my little girl sick I hope you feel better soon baby - mommy loves you!
Well, once again, I am not that creative, but I am crafty--can take an idea and expand on it some, so that is why I decided to keep up with the roster and any information/links needed on the first page, so hopefully there are some other creative folks on here that can step up.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:55 PM   #112
airtime247
Certified Coaster Junkie

Happy Easter everyone! Jessica, I hope Lorelei feels better quickly. It is so hard to see them sick at that age. Emma's fever is pretty much gone but she is lethargic today. We were up a lot last night and I think she is still trying to recover. She had fun with her little egg hunt this morning followed by brunch but is taking a nap right now.

I want to post the ears pic in my profile too. I can write up instructions on how to do it but i'm on the app version on my tablet and am not sure how to do it here. I will need to wait until I get back on my computer next week. One thing is the pic will have to be posted online somewhere and then you embed the link into your signature. I can do this part and put the link in the instructions.

Your site worked out great last time Jessica! I wish I was creative enouh to pull it off.

-steve
airtime247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #113
RweTHEREyet

Since our sailing is a 5-nighter, do you think it is pretty safe to think that we will follow other 5-night sailings as far as what nights the formal, semi-formal nights are? Just thinking ahead and trying to figure out potential nights for Palo, etc.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:50 PM   #114
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidlette View Post
A friend of mine and Steve's (someone we both met on the last Disney Cruise we did together) made this for us. Feel free to use it for something if you'd like, or not . . . doesn't matter to me! Anyway, it's here if you want it

That's pretty cool! Did you previously do a repositioning cruise? I thought maybe with S.D./S.F in there maybe you did a Pixar cruise, and that's what this was made for, then I realized the Pixar ones didnt' go to Vancouver.
Quote:
Since our sailing is a 5-nighter, do you think it is pretty safe to think that we will follow other 5-night sailings as far as what nights the formal, semi-formal nights are? Just thinking ahead and trying to figure out potential nights for Palo, etc.
I'm trying to remember what they had on our last 5 nighter in 2011. I should go check the thread from the meet group. I don't think it follows the normal pattern since Repos are their own animal.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:01 PM   #115
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Taaren, just let me know when/if you are ready for me to add you.
We're definitely going now. Apparently with a party of at least 14, I've been informed by my local family that has adopted me and my Disney loving ways. Even if the DH doesn't go, DS7 and I will have plenty of other options for roommates ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by airtime247 View Post
We're another NorCal DVC family. I lived most of my life in the Bay Area but now live about 5 hours north so what most people call northern California, we now call central! We are still down there to visit often as we have family in Martinez and Mountain View and friends scattered about the east and south bay.
You'll be in my neck of the woods then Steve, I work in Martinez and live about 10 minutes north of there in Cordelia.
Its funny that I consider this NorCal, but you're right there's a lot more to California further north of here, its just not as citified ... my college roommate spent the better part of a decade in Eureka, so when I went to go visit her (and get my Samoa Cookhouse bread) I was always reminded that in some ways that's the _real_ NorCal. Though I don't like to think of here as Central Cal since that's more the coastal area and Fresno ...
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:39 AM   #116
RweTHEREyet

Great, I will add you to the roster. I am going to put you and Ds7, so you let me know if you wish to change that in any way, ok?

Well, I went to add you and it seems I had already put you on the list, with DH and DS. Let me know if I need to remove DH.

Last edited by RweTHEREyet; 04-02-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:07 PM   #117
Kidlette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The current dining pattern on 5 night is: casual, formal, pirate, casual, casual
The Disney cast member said that there's no way to know if it will change or not, so we'll have to wait for the official release to know for sure. BUT, it is likely it will stay the same. She also said that the "official release" of information is about 6 months prior to sailing, but, they usually have that info more like a year in advance. So - she expects it will be available in a couple of months.

Anyway, it's nothing concrete - but I hope it helps!

Old 04-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #118
Huney
Mouseketeer

Which is better for Palo? I want to do brunch, but see that people are always trying to get dinner reservations. Is it easier to get a brunch reservation?

Huney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #119
Kidlette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huney View Post
Which is better for Palo? I want to do brunch, but see that people are always trying to get dinner reservations. Is it easier to get a brunch reservation?
Why not do both? Pre-booking allows you 1 of each. Personally though, I MUCH prefer brunch - it's AMAZING! Ryan prefers dinner though (probably because of the chocolate souffle, lol). They are both worth it and you should do both if you can. If you are choosing to only do 1 though, I vote brunch!

Old 04-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #120
Huney
Mouseketeer

Lol, my dh is named Ryan too. I should see if I can find a menu...that would help me decide.

Huney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: