Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #76
airtime247
Certified Coaster Junkie

Cute picture Heather! Have you told your older daughter about the Oceaneer Club yet? How old will she be at the time of sailing? I'm always on the lookout for a cruise buddy for my DD!

-steve
airtime247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:17 PM   #77
Huney
Mouseketeer

Thanks Steve . ODD will turn 7 in February, and I'm sure she'd love a cruise buddy too!

Huney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2013, 01:33 AM   #78
Kidlette
DIS Veteran

How sweet, Heather. I can't wait to see more photos! Here are some pics of Lorelai over the last 8 months:

Lorelai at 6 months:

Lorelai having fun at Disneyland (7 or 8 months-ish)

Lorelai's 1st Christmas (11 months old)

Loving my chocolate milk (2 weeks ago), 14 months

Coming Soon - January 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas!
October 2012: Disney Wonder (Mexican Riviera)
January 2011: Disney Wonder (Mexican Riviera)
January 2011: Disney Wonder (Cruise to Nowhere)
January 2010: Animal Kingdom Villas
January 2009: Animal Kingdom Villas
January 2009: Coronado Springs Resort
January 2009: Disney Wonder (Bahamas)
October 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter
xxxxMay 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort
January 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter

Kidlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #79
Thnlk
Mouseketeer

I remember when our kids were young and cute. Now there in college and not so cute. How time goes by.

Disneyland Tokyo 1990
Disneyland California 2009
Disney Wester Caribbean Cruise 2011/2013/2015
Disney World 2011 / 2012 / 2014
Disney Eastern Carribean Cruise 2012
Disney Alaskian Cruise 2012
Disney California Coast Cruise 2014
Disney Panama Canal repo 2014
Thnlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:54 AM   #80
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone!

My DD and I are 80% sure we're going on this cruise. We're from Orange County, CA...and it would be a fun trip for DD and I before she officially starts kindergarten in our very strict school district (ie, can't pull her out of school anymore).

It'd be fun to meet up with other kids her age. She'll be almost 5 at the time of this cruise.

Since it looks like there's a bunch of west-coasters on this cruise, we'd all be on the same time schedule The *hardest* part for us about cruising on the East Coast is the 3 hour time difference. DD doesn't get tired until 2am when we cruise out of Orlando....

Taaren--I've seen you on the DVC boards--never knew you moved to Nor Cal? I thought you were in Hawaii (based on some of your Aulani recs). Have fun on the cruise!
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:00 AM   #81
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
Hi everyone!

My DD and I are 80% sure we're going on this cruise. We're from Orange County, CA...and it would be a fun trip for DD and I before she officially starts kindergarten in our very strict school district (ie, can't pull her out of school anymore).

It'd be fun to meet up with other kids her age. She'll be almost 5 at the time of this cruise.

Since it looks like there's a bunch of west-coasters on this cruise, we'd all be on the same time schedule The *hardest* part for us about cruising on the East Coast is the 3 hour time difference. DD doesn't get tired until 2am when we cruise out of Orlando....

Taaren--I've seen you on the DVC boards--never knew you moved to Nor Cal? I thought you were in Hawaii (based on some of your Aulani recs). Have fun on the cruise!
So, should I go ahead and add you to the roster at the beginning of the thread? I only ask because I couldn't tell if you had booked or were 80% sure you were going to book. jlmk

Last edited by RweTHEREyet; 03-25-2013 at 08:39 AM.
RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:14 PM   #82
kew423
I'm sold

We're in

We just got back (a week or so ago) from a 3 day Bahamian cruise on the Dream. We booked this cruise while on board. Looking forward to it!

Who wants to participate in the FEs?
Old 03-26-2013, 11:31 PM   #83
Huney
Mouseketeer

Here's a pic from today...she's 4 months old . Her name is Lina.

And one of our family on ds's 4th birthday

Huney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:48 AM   #84
RweTHEREyet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kew423 View Post
We just got back (a week or so ago) from a 3 day Bahamian cruise on the Dream. We booked this cruise while on board. Looking forward to it!

Welcome , welcome, Kew, do you want me to add you and your traveling party to the roster on the first page?

I do think there will be interest in doing the FE, but no one has offered to organize this yet.

Last edited by RweTHEREyet; 03-27-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:51 AM   #85
RweTHEREyet

Quote:
Hi everyone!

!
I forgot to mention that my son and his wife just moved back home after living in Orange County for about 3 years. They were in Rancho Santa Margarita, and they loved it there, but thank heavens they missed family even more.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #86
airtime247
Certified Coaster Junkie

Quote:

Hey, we sailed on the Dream a few months ago! Okay, it was just the Carnival Dream and didn't exactly compare but we still had fun. We hope to sail on one of the new Disney ships in the next few years.

We are definitely up for participating in the FE. I'll need a full year just to think of an idea!

-steve
airtime247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:20 PM   #87
kew423
I'm sold

FEs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
Welcome , welcome, Kew, do you want me to add you and your traveling party to the roster on the first page?

I do think there will be interest in doing the FE, but no one has offered to organize this yet.
I'll organize it.

Yes please do add me to the roster.

Me (Kristen), DH (Robert), DD (Megan, 9), Mother in Law (Sharon)
Old 03-27-2013, 11:35 PM   #88
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Hi everyone!

Hi lilpooh! Yep, I got a new job in January here in the East Bay area and just moved into my house last week. DH & DS will be following in another month or so (DH wanted him to finish up the school year on Maui). So glad to leave Hawaii for California. Its a great place to visit, and we'll consider retiring there, but we really missed Cali.
Yay! Another DVC-er on board!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
Does anyone know if while sailing up the California coast if you can see the coastline during the day or is the ship too far out at sea? Gonna ask on FB as well.
On the two Pacific Coast cruises I've been on previously you couldn't see the coast until shortly before the ship pulled into port. Loved watching for dolphins and such though, I spent a lot of time on deck looking for them but they only ever appeared when I was on my way to or from somewhere, leaping in the ship's wake.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:40 PM   #89
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

So in other awesome news ... I think I have talked my girlfriend into coming on this cruise!

She had been waxing nostalgic about the Disney cruise she and her DH won several years ago with her three older children and showing me pictures. When I mentioned that we were going next May, and the price we had booked for my family of 3, she got excited because she realized they could actually afford 2 inside rooms for their family of (now) 6, as well as the fact that since they live in Northern California driving to San Diego and then flying back is pretty darn affordable by comparison! By the next time we had talked she was asking what the best way to book it was and hammering out the details with her DH.

Her sister is one of my best friends, and their family has more or less adopted my DH & I, so it'll be nice having a sort of extended family at our table and another couple to hang with. Going to see if I can talk her sister and DH into coming, too!
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:56 AM   #90
RweTHEREyet

Quote:
I'll organize it.

Yes please do add me to the roster.

Me (Kristen), DH (Robert), DD (Megan, 9), Mother in Law (Sharon)
Wonderful, thank you for volunteering to do this.

I will get the roster updated over the holiday weekend, maybe tonight.

So excited we have more folks to chat with.

taaren, we have been DVC owners since 1999 and love our membership. We live on the East Coast, but we do have ponits at VGC as well.

Last edited by RweTHEREyet; 03-28-2013 at 08:13 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: