Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 08:06 AM   #136
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

Things have been kind of quiet around here, so I just wanted to pop in and say hello. I am sure everyone is busy getting ready for their summer plans and all.

Haven't done much trip planning recently, but I sure think about it every day. First order of business will be booking a hotel in San Diego for two nights before the cruise, and then airfare when Southwests schedules upen up for that timeframe.

Later...
Old 04-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #137
VowRenewal13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
Things have been kind of quiet around here, so I just wanted to pop in and say hello. I am sure everyone is busy getting ready for their summer plans and all.

Haven't done much trip planning recently, but I sure think about it every day. First order of business will be booking a hotel in San Diego for two nights before the cruise, and then airfare when Southwests schedules upen up for that timeframe.

Later...
I am still checking out hotels for San Diego. Am waiting for Southwest fares too. Need to call Disney in May to find out if they have hotels in San Diego. Sometimes their rates are better than listed on the web. Only 88 more days till our family cruise on the Dream!
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #138
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VowRenewal13 View Post
I am still checking out hotels for San Diego. Am waiting for Southwest fares too. Need to call Disney in May to find out if they have hotels in San Diego. Sometimes their rates are better than listed on the web. Only 88 more days till our family cruise on the Dream!
We will be taking a quick 3-day on the Dream in November. We will be in Orlando for DH to attend a meeting anyway and his meeting is over on Wed, so we might as well hop on the Dream to just relax for 3 days. I am looking forward to it mostly because there will be no "planning" involved for this one--just have to show up and let the good times sail.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:08 PM   #139
kew423
I'm sold

Still a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by airtime247 View Post
Hey, we sailed on the Dream a few months ago! Okay, it was just the Carnival Dream and didn't exactly compare but we still had fun. We hope to sail on one of the new Disney ships in the next few years.

We are definitely up for participating in the FE. I'll need a full year just to think of an idea!

-steve
I can't believe the board is so busy and the cruise is a year away.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #140
kew423
I'm sold

Looking forward to doing it

Quote:
Wonderful, thank you for volunteering to do this.

I will get the roster updated over the holiday weekend, maybe tonight.

So excited we have more folks to chat with.

taaren, we have been DVC owners since 1999 and love our membership. We live on the East Coast, but we do have ponits at VGC as well.
I'll put out a call for the FEs a few months before we are ready to go. I can let folks know that we are going to be doing them so to think about it.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #141
kew423
I'm sold

FEs

Quote:
I think I am caught up on the roster. If I have missed anyone, my apologies, and please let me know so I can get you on there.

Taaren, just let me know when/if you are ready for me to add you.

Kew423, I am not sure how you want to keep track of the FE folks, but I will be glad to indicate who is participating on the roster, either by just putting FE by their name, or an asterisk or something. If I need to put a link to anything regarding the FE for folks to find it easily, let me know.

I agree, it is nice that our group is growing so early, so far in advance of the cruise.
I can start an excel sheet with the info on it.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:15 PM   #142
kew423
I'm sold

Fe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidlette View Post
No worries, it just sounded like there was some confusion so I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in!

By the way - take Steve up on that map, it's GREAT!
What did I miss?
Old 04-17-2013, 03:16 PM   #143
kew423
I'm sold

FE Organizing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidlette View Post
Just thought I'd also mention that the organizer is going to need to come up with a "close" date for FE participation, probably at least a month out, if not a little longer. Closing the FE list allows people to have a final count of how many people/cabins they must buy for and to get all of their goodies made and/or bought. It is also good to have some personalized info such as ages of children, genders, and favorite characters. A lot of people like to personalize their gifts, and these details help them to figure out appropriate gifts for everyone!
Thanks for the info. I got it.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #144
kew423
I'm sold

Who wants to participate in FEs

Hi Everyone,

I know it is a year out but I'll start a list now.
If you want to participate in the FE I need the following information:

Disboards username
Email Address
Names of passengers
Ages of passengers
Male or Female
Favorite Disney Characters, favorite color etc
Stateroom number
Are alcoholic beverages OK?

Please email this to me at kew423@msn.com
In the subject put FE or Disney Cruise or something similiar so it doesn't get thrown into the trash.

If you don't know what an FE is just search this board. There are lots of great ideas and pictures.
There will be a cut off date but it won't be until April next year.

Thanks!
Old 04-17-2013, 03:25 PM   #145
VowRenewal13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We will be taking a quick 3-day on the Dream in November. We will be in Orlando for DH to attend a meeting anyway and his meeting is over on Wed, so we might as well hop on the Dream to just relax for 3 days. I am looking forward to it mostly because there will be no "planning" involved for this one--just have to show up and let the good times sail.
We are hoping to do a last minute cruise out of Port Canaveral in November, if the prices are good. Don't even need to get off the ship (except for Castaway Cay).
Old 04-17-2013, 03:25 PM   #146
kew423
I'm sold

Planning

Quote:

Later...
Hi
Luckily my mom-in-law lives in San Diego so we will stay at her house a couple days before the cruise and then hop on the ship!
Old 04-17-2013, 03:26 PM   #147
Huney
Mouseketeer

It's forever away still and I'm always thinking about it lol. I'm so hoping dh will get hooked and we can book another one onboard. He'll be a little less than 2 years from his 40th and a little less than 3 from mine when we sail, so that's my goal lol. So can't wait for this!

Huney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #148
kew423
I'm sold

Dd

[QUOTE=airtime247;47943743]I'm loving all the cute pictures! I'd try to take and post one of mine but she won't stand still long enough for me to take one! She will be 8 at the time of the cruise so it will be nice having other kids close to her age to play with.

Our DD will be 9 on the cruise....
Old 04-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #149
Huney
Mouseketeer

Kew, I just noticed you live in Albuquerque. My sister lives there too

Huney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:28 PM   #150
funfor4
Earning My Ears

Freshly Booked for First Cruise

Aloha fellow cruisers,
We just confirmed our first ever cruise today. We are a soon to be family of four.
Myself, hubby, son 5, & one expected this Aug.
So very excited in our home to start the Disney countdown. We just looked into FEs and would love to participate. Please put us on the list and let us know the group guidelines as we are newbies. Any helpful hints you can share to make our first cruise the first of many to come would be greatly welcomed.
Thanks so much!
funfor4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: