Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #1
mommadeb
Earning My Ears

July 20, 2014 - 4 nights on the Dream

We're a long way out from this one, 526 days from today. But I figured since it's never too early to plan, we could go ahead and get started talking about it too!

I'll get us started:

Sailing will be me (Deb), DD9 and DD7 (10 and 9 at cruise time). We live in Kansas, and this will be the first big family vacation with just the 3 of us.

Your turn! Is else booking or thinking about booking this cruise?

Disneyland 1985, 1991

mommadeb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #2
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

Have a great cruise!
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 04:49 PM   #3
mommadeb
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishCowboy View Post
I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

Have a great cruise!
Thanks! Hoping we're not alone on this sailing forever! Someone else has to sign up for it eventually. Right?

Disneyland 1985, 1991

Old 02-22-2013, 05:20 PM   #4
ForMyBoys
Mouseketeer

I'm not on your cruise date...I bet the reply probably excited you We are going April 21st on the magic (our first cruise) but had a hard time deciding between the Magic and the dream. Assuming we love it, DH and I are considering booking while on the ship for the 4 day cruise on the dream over my birthday, which would be this sailing

or over my younger son's birthday which is a month later. It depends on availability. I started our cruise thread for the April 21 cruise and am alone waiting for replies as well.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your cruise
Old 02-24-2013, 01:26 PM   #5
mommadeb
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForMyBoys View Post
I'm not on your cruise date...I bet the reply probably excited you We are going April 21st on the magic (our first cruise) but had a hard time deciding between the Magic and the dream. Assuming we love it, DH and I are considering booking while on the ship for the 4 day cruise on the dream over my birthday, which would be this sailing

or over my younger son's birthday which is a month later. It depends on availability. I started our cruise thread for the April 21 cruise and am alone waiting for replies as well.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your cruise
Ha! Yeah, I got a little excited for the reply. That's totally normal...right??

Have a fantastic time on your April cruise. I hope it is so good that you book again. If you get to go this week, awesome! If not, I guess we'll have to get along without you.

K...back to watching the weather radar. We're supposed to have another round of winter nastiness starting tonight.

Disneyland 1985, 1991

Old 03-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #6
Cheryl726
DIS Veteran

Hi! We just booked this cruise today! This will be our second on the Dream and we can't wait!

Cheryl726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:01 PM   #7
Gary Pinkos
DVC since 1993

July 20th, 2014 - 4 Night Disney Dream Cruise

Hello All:

Just booked a 4 day cruise on the Disney Dream for July 20, 2014

My name is Gary, my wife Janet and 3 adult daughters are coming with me.

This will be our 4th Disney cruise. The first two were on the Wonder and the third was on the Dream. Our first was 2001 our second was 2008 third was 2011.

We live in Montgomeryville (South East) PA, not far from Philadelphia.

My oldest daughter Jennifer will be 24, middle daughter Stacey will be 20 and youngest Robin will be 19. I am thrilled that all my girls are still happy to vacation with us old folks.

Really looking forward to this cruise on the Dream!.

We will be in two staterooms 2517 & 2519

We will be joining the Fish Extender.....last cruise was the first time we heard about it.....it was so much fun. If you do not know about the fish extender.....you need to find out and join.

First two cruises were great, but on the third cruise I found these forums, so by the time we sailed, we had made many friends via these forums. Many of us have become facebook friends.

We don't know everything, but if this is your first or second cruise, please ask us any questions. We will be happy to try our best to answer them for you.

We will be dining at the early seating.

We are Disney vacation club members, we will be going to WDW for about 4 days either berfore or after our Dream cruise, we will make those plans when we get closer to our sailing date. It can be hard to pin down our daughters schedules this far in advance between college, work & life. Enjoy the control you have while your children are young.

On our last cruise......Donny Osmond was onboard as a guest, so everyone was having "Donny sightings". Have you had anyone special one of your cruises or vacations.....please share.

Gary Pinkos

Gary Pinkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:24 PM   #8
HeddyRuth
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadeb View Post
We're a long way out from this one, 526 days from today. But I figured since it's never too early to plan, we could go ahead and get started talking about it too!

I'll get us started:

Sailing will be me (Deb), DD9 and DD7 (10 and 9 at cruise time). We live in Kansas, and this will be the first big family vacation with just the 3 of us.

Your turn! Is else booking or thinking about booking this cruise?
Hi, we will be on this cruise with my DD 8 and DD 3 (9 and 4 cruise time) as well as my husband, friends and their DD 6 (7). We are from Az. We will be doing the three day following this one as well, so seven days total, woohoo!

HeddyRuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:22 PM   #9
HeddyRuth
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Pinkos View Post
Hello All:

Just booked a 4 day cruise on the Disney Dream for July 20, 2014

My name is Gary, my wife Janet and 3 adult daughters are coming with me.

This will be our 4th Disney cruise. The first two were on the Wonder and the third was on the Dream. Our first was 2001 our second was 2008 third was 2011.

We live in Montgomeryville (South East) PA, not far from Philadelphia.

My oldest daughter Jennifer will be 24, middle daughter Stacey will be 20 and youngest Robin will be 19. I am thrilled that all my girls are still happy to vacation with us old folks.

Really looking forward to this cruise on the Dream!.

We will be in two staterooms 2517 & 2519

We will be joining the Fish Extender.....last cruise was the first time we heard about it.....it was so much fun. If you do not know about the fish extender.....you need to find out and join.

First two cruises were great, but on the third cruise I found these forums, so by the time we sailed, we had made many friends via these forums. Many of us have become facebook friends.

We don't know everything, but if this is your first or second cruise, please ask us any questions. We will be happy to try our best to answer them for you.

We will be dining at the early seating.

We are Disney vacation club members, we will be going to WDW for about 4 days either berfore or after our Dream cruise, we will make those plans when we get closer to our sailing date. It can be hard to pin down our daughters schedules this far in advance between college, work & life. Enjoy the control you have while your children are young.

On our last cruise......Donny Osmond was onboard as a guest, so everyone was having "Donny sightings". Have you had anyone special one of your cruises or vacations.....please share.

Gary Pinkos
Which fish extender will you be joining?

Old 06-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #10
Gary Pinkos
DVC since 1993

On our last cruise there was only one fish extender. Not sure who started the planning, but I am hoping someone on this forum will get one organized?

Gary Pinkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:59 PM   #11
HeddyRuth
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Pinkos View Post
On our last cruise there was only one fish extender. Not sure who started the planning, but I am hoping someone on this forum will get one organized?
We are currently involved in one for our up coming cruise on the fantasy in October through this forum but I guess on other cruises there was one from the cruise critic board. This will be our first. Our cruise next July will be a back to back.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:48 PM   #12
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone!
Joining in!
This will be cruise number six for us! This month we had a blast doing a 7 night eastern on the Fantasy. Before we sail in July, we will cruise over New Year's Eve on the Dream.
It sounds like we need to get a FE organized as well as a face book group page.
In the past we have just put up a google doc and everyone added their own info for the FE
We just need to collectivly decide on a cutoff date/number.

I'll get the FB group goimg.
It's much easier to chat over there than here...

Just look on FB for: July Dreamers
Request to join and you will be added!
Old 06-24-2013, 10:27 PM   #13
Patscake
Earning My Ears

Dream 7/20/14

First time here and first time cruiser, will be sailing with Hubby and DD12. Will there be enough for her to do so I get some me time. Would love to keep her entertained with kids near her age group...Thank you...
Patscake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:28 AM   #14
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Hi all!!!
We will be on this cruise. We will be cruising with our dear friend, wigdoutdismom, her lovely husband, and Stanley!!! We will be joining them at WDW and Vero Beach after the cruise.
We cruised on the Fantasy on the June 1 Eastern this year, and fell in love!!!! Disney cruising is definitely for us!!
I am Joanne and my husband is Paul (affectionally known as Prid). We will be cruising with our son Alfie, who will be 14 when we set sail.
We are certainly up for a FE exchange.
Looking forward to getting to know all our fellow cruisers!!

Last edited by tinkerbell 766; 06-25-2013 at 07:03 AM.
tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:53 PM   #15
HeddyRuth
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Hi everyone!
Joining in!
This will be cruise number six for us! This month we had a blast doing a 7 night eastern on the Fantasy. Before we sail in July, we will cruise over New Year's Eve on the Dream.
It sounds like we need to get a FE organized as well as a face book group page.
In the past we have just put up a google doc and everyone added their own info for the FE
We just need to collectivly decide on a cutoff date/number.

I'll get the FB group goimg.
It's much easier to chat over there than here...

Just look on FB for: July Dreamers
Request to join and you will be added!
I agree about FB. Thanks for getting things started. I am still so new at this and we are still waiting for out second cruise and only first FE experience which will be in October.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: