Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 06:55 AM   #1
triplejen
DIS Veteran

Okay,has ANYONE at their 180 mark in the last few days been able to book BOG?

My 180th was a few days ago. Of course the web site wasn't working with the +10 so I had to call at 7. I called at 7, was taken immediately, and the CM could find NOTHING at BOG for the entire 10 days.

I tried the next couple of mornings at 7 for the next day, but still nothing.

So has anyone been able to grab one 180days out in the last few days, or are they just not offering any right now?

August 2013 - Wilderness Lodge
August 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter

February 2012 - Hard Rock Hotel (Universal only - shhhhh!)
August 2011 - Beach Club
March 2011 - All Star Sports (ESPN the Weekend)
December 2010 - Polynesian (MVMCP)
August 2010 - Caribbean Beach Resort / Beach Club
February 2010 - All Star Sports (ESPN the Weekend)
August 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2008 - Coronado Springs Resort
triplejen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:29 AM   #2
cmorris303
Earning My Ears

My 180 day mark was this past Monday. I had to call too and I got a reservation at BOG for 9 people in August. I couldn't get it for the day I originally wanted, but the CM checked the whole week and found a 7:00 reservation that worked out. I'd keep trying. Good Luck
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 07:35 AM   #3
wdwnomad
DIS Veteran

Wednesday was my 180 mark. I was able to get an ADR for 9 people on 8/20 (180 days +1) at 8:20 pm. I booked it just to get it. I doubted people would want to eat that late but held it just in case. I was also able to book an ADR for 4 people on 8/24 (180 +5) at 6:00 pm as a back-up.

Checked with everyone and no one wanted to eat that late so cancelled the 8/20 ADR. Still have the 8/24 ADR.
All Star Sports - Sept 2008
All Star Music - Dec 2008, Dec 2009
Coronado Springs - Aug 2009, Aug 2011
Port Orleans - Riverside - Aug 2010
Beach Club - Dec 2010, Dec 2013
Boardwalk - Aug 2012
Old Key West - Aug 2014

wdwnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:37 AM   #4
Loreli
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplejen View Post
My 180th was a few days ago. Of course the web site wasn't working with the +10 so I had to call at 7. I called at 7, was taken immediately, and the CM could find NOTHING at BOG for the entire 10 days.

So has anyone been able to grab one 180days out in the last few days, or are they just not offering any right now?
Sorry, but currently BOG is reportedly "not in the system" for ressies. No one is sure just what is happening. My ADR day was Tues and although I couldn't get BOG for the 18 my arrival day, I was able to call back Wed night and get it for the 22nd. Thursday morning people started posting that they couldn't get BOG and they were being told "it's not in the system." Many are frustrated. Keep trying as PP suggested. But once those flood gates open be ready with your creditcard to hold the ressie.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:42 AM   #5
triplejen
DIS Veteran

Hmmm . . . is it possible that Wednesday was the last day that were open? I started calling Thursday and there were none.

August 2011 - Beach Club
Old 02-23-2013, 07:42 AM   #6
HockeyMomNH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplejen View Post

I'm in the same boat as you. I called at 7 on my 180 a few days ago and was told that there was nothing available at all. We have DVC so I tried with member services too. I got a great CM on the phone who spent 20 minutes trying to find us anything. Not a single table to be had for the entire 10 days we are there.

I know the restaurant is popular, but the last week in August is generally a slower time. I can't believe that the whole 180+10 time frame that I was looking for was booked in an hour before the phone lines went live. Especially since it seems like the 180+ isn't working for most people online.

I have a feeling that there is something else going on here. I wonder if they are holding a bunch of tables because they are planning some sort of Magic Band thing.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:44 AM   #7
triplejen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwnomad View Post
Wednesday was my 180 mark. I was able to get an ADR for 9 people on 8/20 (180 days +1) at 8:20 pm. I booked it just to get it. I doubted people would want to eat that late but held it just in case. I was also able to book an ADR for 4 people on 8/24 (180 +5) at 6:00 pm as a back-up.

Checked with everyone and no one wanted to eat that late so cancelled the 8/20 ADR. Still have the 8/24 ADR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loreli View Post
Sorry, but currently BOG is reportedly "not in the system" for ressies. No one is sure just what is happening. My ADR day was Tues and although I couldn't get BOG for the 18 my arrival day, I was able to call back Wed night and get it for the 22nd. Thursday morning people started posting that they couldn't get BOG and they were being told "it's not in the system." Many are frustrated. Keep trying as PP suggested. But once those flood gates open be ready with your creditcard to hold the ressie.
Thursday was my day, and there was nothing even 10 days out right at 7am. Could it be that Wednesday they were still making them but Thursday they shut them down (or didn't load them)? I guess it's equally possible that I just didn't have good luck.

August 2011 - Beach Club
Old 02-23-2013, 07:46 AM   #8
triplejen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomNH View Post
I wonder if they are holding a bunch of tables because they are planning some sort of Magic Band thing.
Nooooooooooooo!

August 2011 - Beach Club
Old 02-23-2013, 09:20 AM   #9
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

I'm calling for one too - my day was Thurs and I need 8/27 for DGrDs birthay dinner. Just got off the phone and am still being told they are not yet in the system. If anyone gets one today please come and post so we all know - I will!

Oh yeah, the magic band system where everything you do goes through this system - yikes!!! I can't even make a dinner reservation!! LOL
Old 02-23-2013, 09:49 AM   #10
frannn
please stop the madnesssss already & tag me
From the TF...someone pls call 911 for Frann, she held her breath until I tagged her and she apparently turned blue and fell down. :)

Me too

My180 days was today, but I knew what to expect from checking a few days before. Earlier this week, there were a few ADRs popping up (of course prior to our stay). Starting Thursday, nada..nothing...zippo. Had the CM check if there was anything booked the last week or so of August. She said it did not look filled to her, nor were there any ADRs book for a few days. Too bad there's not a WDW rep or travel agent hanging out on our boards that could enlighten us. I can't help but wonder if it has to do with the Sept hours being in question...but its only this one restaurant... There's no way they'd just neglect to put the ADRs in the system, right? That's just bad business. That's almost like having a new website not work after several months of existence..oh wait...
Old 02-23-2013, 10:11 AM   #11
Izzieheartscindy
Mouseketeer

Jumping in

I've been so frustrated because we are leaving in one week and I've been able to coordinate with THREE people on their cancellations at BOG in the past couple of days and even though I was right there when they cancelled (one person at midnight EST) it didn't show up in the system. At first I thought it was that rumor that Disney wasn't releasing cancellations but now I'm thinking it may have to do with this "shut down" of BOG in the system... This is too much!

Izzieheartscindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #12
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

I was able to get a reservation for August 23. I am sure there's plenty of availability, but for some reason it's not in the system. Once they figure out what is going on I'm sure there will be plenty of tables available. If they were holding all tables at the end of August for a special event I don't think I would've been able to get the day I got. My 180 day was August 18.

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:25 AM   #13
TheShea's
Mouseketeer

I'm noticing some flakiness with BOG as well when trying to find available times online.

On topic, does BOG book reservations for lunch or is it just dinner?
TheShea's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:30 AM   #14
sommergirl25
Mouseketeer

Just dinner. Lunch is counter service.
sommergirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #15
TheShea's
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommergirl25 View Post
Just dinner. Lunch is counter service.