Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #1
birkner
DIS Veteran

First Time to DLP from June 2-6 need help with planning, restaurants

My DH John and I are making our first trip to DLP in June. We will be staying at the Santa Fe and purchased the half board meal plan and 4 day tickets. HELP!!

1. Any must do's? for first timers
2. How do you make dining reservations? Do you have to call from USA to France?
3. Best places to eat for dinner?
4. Any and all tips greatly appreciated!!
Old 02-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #2
tracy021083
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by birkner View Post
My DH John and I are making our first trip to DLP in June. We will be staying at the Santa Fe and purchased the half board meal plan and 4 day tickets. HELP!!

1. Any must do's? for first timers
2. How do you make dining reservations? Do you have to call from USA to France?
3. Best places to eat for dinner?
4. Any and all tips greatly appreciated!!
Sorry I can't help but just wanted to say we are also having our first visit to dlp 2-6th June too
tracy021083 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #3
HFJohnson
Mouseketeer

1) Must Do's - Dreams is essential! It starts at closing time each day and is not to be missed. Other than I love Phantom Manor, Pirates and Big Thunder Mountain. Breakfast in Inventions is also a lovely treat (14ish euros per adult)
2) You can make your ADRs over the phone but you can also do it when you arrive at your hotel. It's not like WDW where you have to book months in advance although if you especially want to go somewhere you might want to call ahead just be sure
3) As for restaurant recommendations, it depends on what sort of thing you like. Will you have children with you? Do you want to do character meals? Do you prefer table service or buffets?
Personally I would recommend Walts or Blue Lagoon (which is situated inside the Pirates ride) for a very nice table service meal. Inventions does an excellent buffet at lunch and dinner and has characters present in the evenings.

Hope this helps a bit to start with.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy021083 View Post
Sorry I can't help but just wanted to say we are also having our first visit to dlp 2-6th June too
How fun! We are taking the train from Barcelona after our DCL EBTA. We should have coffee!!
Old 02-23-2013, 02:25 PM   #5
Jonjo
Mouseketeer

You can book your resturant reservations 60 days before arrival by calling the Restaurant Reservations department direct on +33 1 60 30 40 50.

Some good resturants are

Inventions in the Disneyland Hotel which is a a dinner buffet with Characters.
Blue Lagoon - a sea food resturant inside the PoTC ride.
California Grill a fine dining resturant also in the DLH.
Walts located on Main Street which over looks the parade route.

I would also sugest Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show in the Disney Village which is a dinner show with a tex mex meal included.

A good fan site to visit is http://www.dlrpmagic.com/ which gives a good over view to the park, the rides and the resturants.
Jonjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #6
Jazzy B Bunny
Mouseketeer

You'll be at the same hotel same time as my friend and I we are planning on rainforest cafe as our 'main one' only because we have only ever been in the gift shop of one! I also plan on Hakuna Matata because its Lion King and i'm crazy about lion king!
It's also our first time at DLP! Didn't go with a meal plan as it was too restrictive and not much of a saving.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #7
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFJohnson View Post
1) Must Do's - Dreams is essential! It starts at closing time each day and is not to be missed. Other than I love Phantom Manor, Pirates and Big Thunder Mountain. Breakfast in Inventions is also a lovely treat (14ish euros per adult)

Thank you! We will make note of your recommendations
2) You can make your ADRs over the phone but you can also do it when you arrive at your hotel. It's not like WDW where you have to book months in advance although if you especially want to go somewhere you might want to call ahead just be sure.

We have no special thoughts as of yet so probably will not call.
3) As for restaurant recommendations, it depends on what sort of thing you like. Will you have children with you? Do you want to do character meals? Do you prefer table service or buffets?
Personally I would recommend Walts or Blue Lagoon (which is situated inside the Pirates ride) for a very nice table service meal. Inventions does an excellent buffet at lunch and dinner and has characters present in the evenings.

Hope this helps a bit to start with.
No kids and can do table service or buffets. No character meals as we have plenty of interaction on the cruise. Really just want to have unique experiences, i.e. different than DL or WDW.. Do either of the restaurants require advanced reservations? Thanks again and I really appreciate your help
Old 02-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #8
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonjo View Post
You can book your resturant reservations 60 days before arrival by calling the Restaurant Reservations department direct on +33 1 60 30 40 50.

Some good resturants are

Inventions in the Disneyland Hotel which is a a dinner buffet with Characters.
Blue Lagoon - a sea food resturant inside the PoTC ride.
California Grill a fine dining resturant also in the DLH.
Walts located on Main Street which over looks the parade route.

I would also sugest Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show in the Disney Village which is a dinner show with a tex mex meal included.

A good fan site to visit is http://www.dlrpmagic.com/ which gives a good over view to the park, the rides and the resturants.
Thanks for the suggestions! I am going to check out the website!
Old 02-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #9
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy B Bunny View Post
You'll be at the same hotel same time as my friend and I we are planning on rainforest cafe as our 'main one' only because we have only ever been in the gift shop of one! I also plan on Hakuna Matata because its Lion King and i'm crazy about lion king!
It's also our first time at DLP! Didn't go with a meal plan as it was too restrictive and not much of a saving.
We should have coffee! Rainforest Cafe is popular here in California and we have been to several, plus the one at WDW. Food was fine not spectacular but setting is fun!

Love Lion King as well! We are doing meal plan as doing plenty of fine dining on the cruise do just didn't want to have to worry about paying for dinner since breakfast is included in hotel costs.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:45 PM   #10
Jazzy B Bunny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by birkner View Post
We should have coffee! Rainforest Cafe is popular here in California and we have been to several, plus the one at WDW. Food was fine not spectacular but setting is fun!

Love Lion King as well! We are doing meal plan as doing plenty of fine dining on the cruise do just didn't want to have to worry about paying for dinner since breakfast is included in hotel costs.
We should! We are aiming having breakfast at the early time slot, so we can make use of extra magic hours. Maybe we will see you there! We are on a bit of a tight budget, s just planning on having breakfast and then an evening meal.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #11
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy B Bunny View Post
We should! We are aiming having breakfast at the early time slot, so we can make use of extra magic hours. Maybe we will see you there! We are on a bit of a tight budget, s just planning on having breakfast and then an evening meal.
Since breakfast is included with ours, we will probably due the same. I bought the half board so we will also do an evening meal. Send me a PM and we can try to get together!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: