Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 01:27 PM   #1
DISWolves
Dreams really can come true !!!!

2012 - OLYMPIC FREE TOUR - Day 17 - Summerland Golf - Art of Animation - Teppan Edo 2

Day 17 – Summerland Golf – Art of Animation – Teppan Edo (2)

As we had nothing special planned for today, it was a late start as we made our way over to Winter Summerland miniature golf.

As we had already completed the Winterland course on a previous visit, we joined the queue waiting to start Summerland. The course choice was rather appropriate for today as the temperature was already showing 88 degrees and it was only 10:00. After a brief 10 minutes waiting in the shade, it was our turn on the first hole. The theming of each hole is well designed and adds to the enjoyment of the game.

It was nip and tuck all of the way, with Emma finally taking victory with a score of 51, and I managed to scrape a draw with Sue on 52. Since we had not had breakfast yet, we decided to take a look around the recently opened Art of Animation resort.

I must admit to being very impressed with the theming of each building and got carried away a little with the amount of photographs that I took. Half way around the complex, our tour was briefly halted by one of the famous Orlando thunderstorms. We managed to seek refuge under the stairwell of the Lion King building, however we did not manage to get inside since the entrance passage doors are access controlled by the appropriate room keys.

The Mermaid section was still under final construction but I was greatly impressed with the Nemo main pool theming and even more so the Cars section.

continued in next post……
DISWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:31 PM   #2
DISWolves

Returning back to the food court, we decided to sample the lunch menu using some CS credits.

Nigel: Surf n Turf Burger Ice Cream Monster Energy.
Sue: Cheese Pizza Ice Cream Orange Juice.
Emma: Pepperoni Pizza Fruit Cup Diet Coke.

Suitably fuelled up, we returned back to OKW where we managed to grab an hour in the pool before returning back to our room to shower and change.
You may recall a few days earlier, we had been to the Flo Rida concert in aid of Microsofts new store in the Florida Mall. One of the freebies was a Microsoft t-shirt. The problem wearing it is that I am now a converted Apple user. Emma wanted us both to have a photograph together wearing the shirts. I could feel my Apple loyalty being tested, however with my hands strategically positioned, I didnt feel so bad!

Tonights ADR was our second visit this holiday to Teppan Edo.

We decided to take the bus to Epcot since we had planned on having a few drinks along the way, after the meal. Arriving at Epcot, we met up with our friends Geoff, Margaret and family at around 5:30 in Germany. Geoff and I sampled a couple of glasses of the local brew before making our way to Teppan Edo check in.

Here we enquired if the Chef we had had previously would be available to serve us but unfortunately he was not working tonight. Once inside the waiting area, our pager lit up and we were soon shown to our table.

The food as usual was good and so was the Chef, but not quite up to the entertaining standard as the one from last year.

Nigel: Shrimp & Steak with Noodles Green Tea Pudding Diet Coke.
Sue: Shrimp with Noodles Green Tea Pudding Diet Coke.
Emma: Chicken with Noodles Ice Cream Diet Coke.

As we left the building we had to put on our ponchos, as the rain was quite heavy.

We remained on the balcony to watch the fireworks, which were just starting. We decided on a slow walk back in the drizzle and settled on an early night in preparation for a very early start tomorrow at Discovery Cove.

Coming up next Discovery Cove

Return to INDEX

Last edited by DISWolves; 02-22-2013 at 01:42 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #3
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Nice chilled day

Interesting to see there was still construction at little mermaid in August - we had a night there 2 months later and it was all finished and immaculate.
20ish trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #4
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

I'm surprised the construction wasn't closed off.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #5
DISWolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Nice chilled day

Interesting to see there was still construction at little mermaid in August - we had a night there 2 months later and it was all finished and immaculate.
Will probably have another look in August. Now it's finished!
It always amazes me how fast the construction work progresses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
I'm surprised the construction wasn't closed off.
The area was fenced off but I managed to find a gap in the scrim sheet
Old 02-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #6
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

Lovely day fab photos

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: