Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2013, 05:32 AM   #121
tinks_1989
need a like button

February 11th - Epcot and Garden Grill

We were meant to be dropping the car off this morning but we had added another day. First stop was the outlet malls Carters and Osh Kosh shelves were emptied again.

Then we went back to mall at milenia as I wanted to get a Petunia Pickle Bottom bag and they had 3 shops that stocked this brand on their website inside mall at milenia. 2 had stopped and one had 2 bags and neither of what I wanted.

Elsie in Pottery Barn Kids! I love that shop!

One last stop at Walmart and then back to the villa for a swim and a rest.

We had a dinner reservation at Garden Grill tonight so we made our way over to Epcot about 3 as we had a few characters still to see.

We parked in the Boardwalk and walked over. It was lovely again today beautiful sun shine and it was hot!

Aladdin and Jasmine weren't out yet so we went to China to see Mulan.

We had to wait a while as she had just gone on her break! Whilst waiting Dave bought me a frozen margarita but Elsie wanted some but of course couldn't thats why she has that huge red slushie because she wanted a few sips lol!

Mulan was lovely and told Elsie all about Mushu.

After Mulan we made our way over to Duffy. No queue for Duffy poor bear he is so lovely!

We still had nearly 2 hours till dinner so we walked back round to Morocco to see Aladdin and Jasmine. We had a little wait as they were on their break and already quiet a few families in front of us.

Elsie got more stickers from the CM and was really chuffed to show them off to Aladdin and Jasmine.

They were good fun too. Talking about Abu and Elsie did her Monkey impression again.

It was now time for dinner so we made our way over To Garden Grill.

I loved it here I can't wait to go back here the food was good and the character interaction was even better.

We saw Chip

Dale

They played hide and seek

and danced

Mickey

and Pluto

Elsie's obsession of putting her head in Pluto's mouth again!

Chip came back to take Elsie away

Elsie loved their tales

We finished about 8 and walked to the bridge between the UK and France to get a place for the Fireworks. Dave went and got us some drinks from the rose and crown I had the Welsh dragon after reading so many of you recommend it.

A family next to us had two little girls and Elsie loved dancing with them and helped pass some time waiting for the fireworks to start.

Amazing fireworks again.

We walked back to the Boardwalk to get the car and were all asleep in bed not long after getting in again!
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:47 AM   #122
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Seeing all your photos makes me determined to take my baby to be to WDW when he/she is that age.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2013, 08:30 AM   #123
MrsTigger
DLRP board....guaranteed to make you smile!
I keep thinking.. who’s that!!
Just thought I'd come and say hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989 View Post
It really was lovely to spend some time together as that is how it normally is.

Yeah he was he says he is going fishing every time we go now.

It is so good the battered burger meal was so tasty and the chips were like what we get here not fries.
Aww I hope I get the chance to take my little ones when I have some..one day. It must be so magical at that age :-)

We really don't look at what else there is to see and do outside of the theme parks. Bet it makes a nice change.

Haha Ive made a note on my plans for may that we need to go there.

MrsTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #124
MrsTigger
DLRP board....guaranteed to make you smile!
I keep thinking.. who’s that!!
Just thought I'd come and say hello

Lol love the picture of Elsie pinching the tale!

MrsTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:40 PM   #125
poppyberry
Married at Disney April 29 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989

She was fine after that day thank fully

Oh it was so horrible I think it was from when we went swimming probably took in some dirty water or something.

It was sooo embarrassing but the people in the shop didn't care.

Yeah poorly little lady was fine after a good nights sleep

Thank you. That sounds amazing having some photos done I would love that but Dave isn't one to pose for photos.

Ill have to look out in TX Maxx then I dont think we have a costco any where local.

I am hoping to make a few boys costumes. Once I am feeling confident enough. There isnt really anything out there for little princes.
You could start a business with the boys costumes! There's definitely a market!
Old 03-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #126
Disney Princesses LW
Mouseketeer

Tinks brilliant trip report cante waite to go back now and ive just found out Im pregnant and we are having another disney princess so next time the walkers go WDW with 2 princesses xxx
Disneyland Paris Feb 2012, Oct 2012 and March 2013
just booked again
Walt Disney World September 2014

Disney Princesses LW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:54 PM   #127
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Seeing all your photos makes me determined to take my baby to be to WDW when he/she is that age.
Her age was perfect she was free :D and old enough to interact with every one. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTigger View Post
Aww I hope I get the chance to take my little ones when I have some..one day. It must be so magical at that age :-)

We really don't look at what else there is to see and do outside of the theme parks. Bet it makes a nice change.

Haha Ive made a note on my plans for may that we need to go there.
Yeah it really is different travelling with a little one. Dave and I have never bothered with characters before we feel a bit silly and don't know what to do so always avoided them lol! Now we hunt for them.

Good good I hope you like it or I will look a right fool lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTigger View Post
Lol love the picture of Elsie pinching the tale!
Ha I do too very cheeky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppyberry View Post
You could start a business with the boys costumes! There's definitely a market!
Hopefully one day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Princesses LW View Post
Tinks brilliant trip report cante waite to go back now and ive just found out Im pregnant and we are having another disney princess so next time the walkers go WDW with 2 princesses xxx
Congratulations on another little Princess and DLP in 4 days yay!

That is very very exciting!
Old 03-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #128
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Awwww Elsie at Chips tail us just too cute lol. Garden Grill sounds lovely. Never been there! And Pottery Barn KIds sounds right up my alley!!!

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #129
pascalstongue
DIS Veteran

Just caught up. Lots of great character meets. Like you I also feel a bit silly being an adult and meeting the characters. I love seeing the kids meet them all though and am looking forward to lots of interaction on this trip. Elsie looks so in awe of them all. I love the costumes you have made so far. I still have a Prince Charming outfit to make for DS and a Lilo outfit for DD. I am a real novice but so far my outfits are ok, not quite professional standards yet!

pascalstongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #130
BethEJo
I left the house at 5.45am - that's unheard of for a student
WDW CM 19/06/11 - 02/09/11

Just read through your entire TR so far - LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!

Elsie really is a gorgeous little princess, and she's a girl after my own heart with all those character meets! Also, love all her outfits - wish I had some dresses like that myself! Wonder if I can get them for a 24 year old lmao

Also, great work with all those outfits - they look fantastic!!

Looking forward to more
BethEJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #132
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills Mom View Post
Awwww Elsie at Chips tail us just too cute lol. Garden Grill sounds lovely. Never been there! And Pottery Barn KIds sounds right up my alley!!!
Oh it is a wonderful shop. I wish they had one here in the UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pascalstongue View Post
Just caught up. Lots of great character meets. Like you I also feel a bit silly being an adult and meeting the characters. I love seeing the kids meet them all though and am looking forward to lots of interaction on this trip. Elsie looks so in awe of them all. I love the costumes you have made so far. I still have a Prince Charming outfit to make for DS and a Lilo outfit for DD. I am a real novice but so far my outfits are ok, not quite professional standards yet!

I love seeing Elsie with them she loves them sooo much.

I am loving sewing I made Tiana today but need to make some nude straps. Off to hobby craft tomorrow.

Prince charming will look so cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethEJo View Post
Just read through your entire TR so far - LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!

Elsie really is a gorgeous little princess, and she's a girl after my own heart with all those character meets! Also, love all her outfits - wish I had some dresses like that myself! Wonder if I can get them for a 24 year old lmao

Also, great work with all those outfits - they look fantastic!!

Looking forward to more
Aw thanks Beth

She is my beautiful little princess.

Thanks I am really enjoying sewing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Aww, I love chip n dale - looks like the Garden Grill was a big success
I loved it there cant wait to go back.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:36 PM   #133
tinks_1989
need a like button

I would love to fill up my facebook with some Disney nutters like yourselves (no offence but we are) if any of you have facebook look out for me on there Leanne Moreno
Old 03-24-2013, 06:49 PM   #134
tinks_1989
need a like button

February 12th Animal Kingdom and Tusker house

We had to take the car back for half 8 so we went to the Swan to drop it off and sign the papers then got on the bus for Animal Kingdom. Wow the bus was a lot quicker from here then SSR.

We were there before rope drop and had to wait. Like the majority of people we went to the safari.

The lioness is lying on the rock furthest to the right you would think her head is just a stone if you didnt know though.

and there is the big daddy lion. First time I have ever seen him!

After the safari we grabbed a fast pass for later. The only fast pass of the entire holiday!

Breakfast was booked at Tusker house. Donald was amazing Elsie was kissing his beak and cuddling him. He was very taken with her.

Donald went off for a "drink" he came back and Elsie was waving at him and blowing him kisses but didnt really get a response. The CM whispered to Dave it is a different Donald! Different Donald!!!!!!!!! There is only one sir!
LOL we just laughed then taken to our table!

Go here! Honestly it was soo good Krispy Kreme doughnuts are served as well. Satisfying my pastry fetish yummy.

Ok we arent here just for the food.

Mickey Mouse

He was lovely. When the other children did the dance/parade around he came and kissed Elsie and as we were leaving he kissed her. Made that was the other Donald :/

Goofy kept pinching Daisys bum :0

They are some eyelashes.

After breakfast we went and used our fast pass. Another great ride.

Then we jumped straight on the train to Rafikis planet.

After some monkey business we went and stroked the goats and sheep. It was so hot out here! Why does it always feel hotter at Animal Kingdom?

Back to Animal Kingdom and a wander through Pangani Forest.

The camera missed it but the hippo went crazy bringing her head out the water and throwing it all around.

And the gorillas didnt want to know

Elsie was a bit disappointed. She was still waving when we left.

Now time for the Honorary bugs.

Elsie did not like this at all and she isn't afraid of much. The wasps the huge grasshopper was hilarious to her but when they blew puffs of air at her oh no she didnt like it one bit and refused to put her glasses back on.

It was really hot now and we decided to go back and have a rest as we wanted to go to Fantasmic tonight.

Elsie was obviously tired. She fell asleep on the bus

Last edited by tinks_1989; 03-24-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:14 PM   #135
tinks_1989
need a like button

February 12th Animal Kingdom and Tusker house part 2

After our rest we made our way to Hollywood Studios tonight's show was on at 7 and it was already 6 so we went straight there.

We got good seats and loved the warm up. Was nice to be kept entertained whilst waiting.

The show of course was amazing as usual.

Bad picture but you have no idea how excited Elsie got seeing the beast.

Here he is again and he waved at Elsie this time so she was over the moon.

We have the soundtrack in the car and Elsie sings along to ba ba ba ba ba
Ha ha not easy to sing on the internet ha ha.

Dave and I were starving after we hadn't had any lunch or tea. We decided to walk to the Boardwalk. Nothing really there for quick service though not that we saw. So in to Epcot it was about 8.30 and people were getting ready for illuminations.

We ate at the Electrical umbrella. I think it is called :/ won't be eating there again. There wasn't really anything wrong with it but it just bland. Elsie was asleep and slept through us having tea and walking out we had a photo pass photo of her asleep as it NEVER EVER happens at home.

We saw the fireworks from the bus stop and didn't have to wait too long thank fully.

Elsie slept all the way back and through us changing her for bed. Bless her.

Our last full day tomorrow

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: