Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #91
tigger17
DIS Veteran

Elsie looks so cute with the beast so pleased you got to meet him x
tigger17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #92
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills Mom View Post
Awwwwwwww my heart just melted looking at Elsie with the Beast SOOOOO adoreable!!!

And as for the "over heard in WDW" part I just have to laugh, so funny! What goes through some peoples minds!! And when is it ever ok to tell your partner they have a fat face - even if it is true its still not ok lol!!

Great update!! Really really enjoying your report, everytime I read something about Elsie I wonder "Would Will like that?"
I know she got the beast soft toy for her birthday at the weekend she has to have him in bed now most kids would be scared.

I know right if dave told me that I had a fat anything on any day he would be sorry.

Aw he will love it all what's not to love lol. Xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbells mum View Post
So pleased Elsie got to meet Beast, she looks so happy when they were dancing, I love that she now says she's been there when she watches the film!!! Really enjoying your updates xx
2 weeks ahhhh how exciting.

It's funny we watch beauty and the beast every day she sings along to be our guest as well lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTigger View Post
Great update, that photo of Elsie meeting the beast is sooo cute!!
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppyberry View Post
Thanks - just catching up as I've not been about for a few days! We have lots of buffet/family styles planned, especially as we want to do as many character meals as possible! Which was your favourite?

I hadn't thought about having out TS credit at lunchtime, but now you mention it it's probably for the best. We have thought about having late breakfasts and then running through until the evening.We're lucky as we have a set of grandparents with us so we are hoping to fit in a couple of date nights too!

We are also staying at SS in a 2 bed - I've been loads of times to WDW but never in DVC property and never on the dining plan so I'm excited besides it being DS's first trip!

Did you get on OK with fireworks viewings later on at night?

Your DD looks gorgeous in all her outfits and it looks like you had a great time with her, I love how confident she is with the characters, I hope my DS is the same! At the moment the closest he gets is to my 3ft soft toy Mickey - which I got from my first trip as a child in 1988(!) - he crawls into our spare room says hello and gives him a smile every morning, my DH says Disney in in his genes! ;-) x

We found character meals great kept Elsie happy long enough to sit and eat something. She isn't one to sit still normally.

TS was good for lunch but we aren't ones to stay in the park late as long as you get a good time it should be fine. Having breakfast in the room is certainly the easiest option. Elsie is always starving when she wakes so she eats in the room any way.

Oh a 2 bed. How lovely I love SSR I can't wait to return as long as disneys prices are good we will be back. A lot of firsts for your trip soooo exciting.

Fireworks were fine luckily she isn't scared. We did fireworks on nights we had evening meals. Epcot we ate garden grill stayed for fireworks. Fantastic was on at 7 so much easier and they have entertainment whilst you are waiting which helped. If you have a car go to Walmart or the $1 store and get some glow sticks much cheaper then disney.

I love her out fits I have been making some my self.

Not happy with the transfer on this one

Also made a bag like this to keep all my bits for sewing in

My favourite dress so far.

This is my next mission

Eeeeek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatDisneyLover View Post
Another great chapter of your TR!

How did you like BOG?? I've only stopped in to see the restaurant (it is lovely) and haven't eaten there yet.
The food was so good. Quiet a lot of garlic salt on the chips but I love garlic no vampires near me lol! Our server wasn't great didnt explain anything about the restaurant but the server that was with the table next to us was great. The restaurant was just soooo beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger17 View Post
Elsie looks so cute with the beast so pleased you got to meet him x
Thank you are you going to Be our guest on your holiday?
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #93
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Such a cute photo of Elsie with Beast

I know how hard you tried to get that reservation and it was clearly sooooo worthwhile
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:45 AM   #94
tigger17
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989

Thank you are you going to Be our guest on your holiday?
Yes we are and I can't wait x
Old 03-16-2013, 03:01 AM   #95
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67
Such a cute photo of Elsie with Beast

I know how hard you tried to get that reservation and it was clearly sooooo worthwhile
I know multiple times a day for weeks even months. :D so pleased we got to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger17
Yes we are and I can't wait x
YAY how exciting. Have a lovely time there xxx
Old 03-16-2013, 08:35 AM   #96
PJB71
DIS Veteran

oh I loooooove the pic of her with the beast

Never mind princess dresses hope your making "bunny" outfits

For Dave & Phil
Old 03-17-2013, 06:36 AM   #97
laura_<3
DIS Veteran

Loving your report! Elsie is so adorable, I love her cute outfits!
August 2005 - Indian Ridge Villas May 2009 - All Star Sports (Steven's first trip!)July 2011 - Royal Palms Villas July/August 2011 trip reportSeptember 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside September 2012 trip report July 2015 - Our Disney Wedding, Port Orleans Riverside
Engaged at Magic Kingdom 23rd September 2012 My Youtube Channel New - My wedding blog https://lauradisneybride.wordpress.com/
laura_<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:55 PM   #98
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJB71 View Post
oh I loooooove the pic of her with the beast

Never mind princess dresses hope your making "bunny" outfits

For Dave & Phil
Haha dave said he would wear a bunny Onsie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura_<3 View Post
Loving your report! Elsie is so adorable, I love her cute outfits!
Aw thank you
Old 03-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #99
tinks_1989
need a like button

February 8th - malls and garden grove.

Today we are picking up the car for some retail therapy. We were booked to collect our car from the swan hotel at 8.30. Sowe jump on the Hollywood studios bus at 7.45. Bus all to our selves luckily because as we are pulling in to Hollywood studios Elsie is sick all over her self! She is so shocked she is shaking luckily none of it was any where else but on her so we just jumped off the bus and cleaned her up as best as we possibly could.

We walk to the swan we are a bit early and the desk isn't open yet so I go look in the shop for some clothes for Elsie. With no luck Elsie is small she still wears 6-9 months clothes yet she is 2. The only thing they have in her size are baby pjs it's a nice day probably the nicest so far so we can't put her in pjs.

We get the car after a little argument with the woman about car seat hire we had pre paid but was trying to charge us again. What a joke it was the most hideous car seat I have ever seen.

Our drive for the next couple of days was this

Chèvrelot 200

We went back to SSR quickly to change Elsie grab spare change of clothes in case it happened again.

All ready and Florida mall as our first destination off we went.

We were there before opening so we went to the food court that was open and shared a breakfast sandwich and Elsie had some bread.

It was now 10 and the disney store was open yay. I love their disney store sooooooooooooo much better then ours. I got Elsie and my niece a matching minnie dress for the summer. Some presents for people back home and treated Elsie to a few other bits

We also stopped in lush love it here in the uk got mum some US exclusives. Children's place, sunglass hut and the usual others.

On our way sour we stopped in toys r us. Disappointed the store was almost empty.

Next mall at millennia. So easy with a sat nav the first time dave and I went we just picked up a free map and I'm a useless navigator we were very lost. Lol. 3rd time with the sat nav we will never be with out now.

We stopped for lunch first as Elsie was hungry we went to chick a fill a? Is that right sounds weird chicken feeler??!!?? I had a normal chicken burger dave had the spicy one Elsie had nuggets. No sickness hopefully a one off travel sickness thing.

I wanted some more mac make up but of ourselves today they have released their new range Alfie girls or something and its heaving in that small store. We also went in the usual clothes shops, pottery barn kids (love it in there sooo much)

Not much to keep us here though we find we can't afford anything lol so we made our way back stopping at Walmart.

Back at the hotel about 1 and Elsie is asleep doesn't wake from carrying her out the car and put down for bed. Poor thing.

We wake her up at 6 as we have dinner booked at garden grove at 7.30.

It was lovely here it's not on the DDP but we fancied trying it. If you want character meal and not fussed who you see I recommended here. It was so peaceful and the food was sooo good. All you can eat sea food Buffett (they also do BBQ nights) lobster is included brought to your table you can only order another once you have finished the hole serving (1/2 a lobster).

We saw goofy, pluto chip and dale. Pictures aren't great had it on the wrong setting. (Had it ready for fireworks that we didnt watch lol)

You can see she is poorly she doesn't have her dummy much any more just night time but it barely came out today.

Our server was great. He gave us a pass so we didnt have to pay the $15 parking. Funny story dave thought he said his name was Bruce so all night we were laughing about Bruce from finding nemo saying fish are friends not food but he was serving fish. Lol. Yes we are simple minded. E wasn't Bruce he was Steve lol!

After dinner we were going to watch illuminations but decided to head to the Walmart on 192. We were just about to leave and Elsie was sick again this time it went every where. The woman that worked there said it was fine just leave it. That it happens all the time. Yuck!

Back home clean Elsie up and straight to bed. Hope it's just a 24 hour thing.

Last edited by tinks_1989; 03-17-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #100
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Oh no... poor Elsie!

I've never read a good food review for Garden Grill... It's nice to see you guys enjoyed it! I'd like to take the family in December as Grandads favourite characters are Chip and Dale!

A fab day, sounds very relaxed :-) (apart from a poorly Elsie!) Xx

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

DLRP August 2004 DLRP June 2008

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
Tinkerbell1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #101
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell1989 View Post
Oh no... poor Elsie!

I've never read a good food review for Garden Grill... It's nice to see you guys enjoyed it! I'd like to take the family in December as Grandads favourite characters are Chip and Dale!

A fab day, sounds very relaxed :-) (apart from a poorly Elsie!) Xx
This is garden grove at the dolphin not the spinning one at Epcot. But we did eat there and loved and will be going back there too.

I know my poor moo. Hope you are better now x
Old 03-17-2013, 03:56 PM   #103
tigger17
DIS Veteran

Poor Elsie hope she was ok x
Old 03-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #104
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989

This is garden grove at the dolphin not the spinning one at Epcot. But we did eat there and loved and will be going back there too.

I know my poor moo. Hope you are better now x
Oh sorry! I must have just read Garden and assumed Garden Grill! In which case, I look forward to reading abour Garden Grill!

Thankyou, I am much better, I felt really fluy and horrible, I just have a bad cough now! Xx

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

DLRP August 2004 DLRP June 2008

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
Tinkerbell1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:37 PM   #105
thestevied
DIS Veteran

You have some incredible photos and your girl is so cute. You and Dave must be really proud. It almost makes me wanna have kids just to take them to wdw! (Almost...)
1st trip - July 1989 WDW, 2nd trip - Aug1993 WDW, 3rd trip - July 1997 Tokyo Disneyland, 4th trip - June 1999 WDW, 5th trip - Sept 2002 WDW, 6th trip - Sept 2003 WDW, 7th trip - Feb 2004 Euro Disney, 8th trip - Jan 2005 WDW, 9th trip - June 2005 WDW, 10th trip - Sept 2006 WDW, 11th trip - Sept 2007 WDW, 12th trip - Oct 2008 Disneyland, 13th trip - Sept 2009 WDW, 14th trip - Sept 2010 WDW AKL, 15th trip September 2011 - Dolphin resort, 16th trip - September 2013, Yacht Club, 17th trip - September 2014, Dolphin Resort

thestevied is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: