Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 03:53 PM   #16
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Location: Currently working for the Mouse in Beijing, China with Disney English.

Just joining in - looking forward to your TR!
Jill * 1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR *
New Trip Report HKDL http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3323118
Trip Reports WDW and DLRP http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ching+t+shirts
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2419270http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2476348
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....rd+trip+reporthttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....le+trip+report
ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #17
tinks_1989
need a like button

February 1st - Magic Kingdom

As you expected again we are up early 3am even though we didn't go to bed till 10pm.

Swamped in bubbles.

We took our time bathed or showered dressed and watched some good old American tv/news. Love their news.

A link to one of the headlines on the news that morning.

At 7 am we decided we would walk down to Artist Pallet, fill up our mugs and see how warm/cold it was to check we didn't need to change.

The walk was lovely. We walked really slow just taking it all in that we were finally here. But it was quiet fresh out. Brrr!

Our mugs filled and we got Elsie a few snacks, chocolate milk, cookies and Mickey mouse shaped cheesy biscuits as she loved them when Paula sent them :D

We dropped our mugs back in the room changed Elsie in to some jeggins and I put the card in my camera as I had forgotten. Glad I found out before we left for Elsie's first ever day in WDW!!!!!

We didn't wait long for a bus and were soon on our way to MK.

We arrived about 8.15 and it was really nice to see the place so quiet. Managed to keep our great spot to watch the opening ceremony and Elsie got a great view of the characters. Of course made some friends whilst waiting.

We waited for the mass crowd to disappear/push through to new fantasyland no doubt.

Elsie got to wave at Mickey for ages.

Straight in line for who else but Pluto. Elsie's favourite character.

The interaction was great and Elsie got her cuddles.

We went in to the photopass place to get our photopass plus card. Then it was time to see some royalty.

Elsie has been to Disneyland Paris 4 times and we have never seen Rapunzel she was pretty excited to see 'punzel'.

Elsie was a bit reserved with the face characters not sure why as she isn't scared to talk to any one. May be she is just behaving in front of royalty.

Cinderella

Aurora

and finally Rapunzel. Rapunzel was great she tickled Elsie told her that Tinkerbell makes all her frying pans lol!

After seeing the beautiful ladies we made our way up/down (which way is which?) Main Street. Finally we are here. Finally brought our princess to the place where dreams come true.

We were pretty tired and not really sure what we wanted to do so we just headed to New Fantasyland and see what all the fuss is about.

WOW! The work that has gone in to this place is amazing. I loved it here. We had a look around the little shop next to Gaston's Tavern as Elsie has a little crush on the Beast (Elsie Dictionary Beat) at the moment nothing really in there for kids though.

Dave went in and got 2 le fou brews whilst Elsie and sat in the sun. It had warmed up now and was lovely.

We drank our drinks wandering around but we didn't stay for much longer. It was probably only 11 but we were pretty tired we had been up 8 hours already so we headed back for a rest.

Back at the hotel we made a sandwich had a few BBQ lays YUMM and a cookie. Elsie had a nap and I might have had a few quick winks.

We couldn't wait to get in the pool so we walked down to the Springs to have a nice splash.

It was nice and hot but not when you are drenched. Wow it was cold now. We rushed back to warm up and get ready for our evening meal.
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #18
tinks_1989
need a like button

We made our way back to Magic Kingdom with royalty.

Princess Cinderella-Elsie had joined us. (More Elsie dictionary Rella in Cinderella)

It was quiet busy in the park today even though Magic Kingdom was the most recommended park.

We managed to see Philharmagic before dinner and Elsie loved seeing Ariel and tried pinching her gems when they spilled out.

It was time for dinner and we made our way to see Rella. Elsie again was a little shy with Cinderella.

Dave and I have eaten here twice before, we got engaged here in 2008 and loved it. This was before it was a character meal though. It was very different this time. Before we ordered our drink we were asked what starter we would like?! WHAT?!?! Was told Elsie could have some cheese and grapes, share of our plates or we could pay for her to have a meal.

The food was great don't get me wrong just felt very rushed

We saw

Aurora

Snow White

Ariel

and Jasmine.

We had added the birthday package for Elsie her birthday was still 5 weeks away but still we think she deserved it. The cake was amazing yum best cake ever!

Under an hour we were out. It is still amazing eating in the castle and the experience can't be beat but a 3 course meal and a birthday cake in less then an hour not a great high.

We discussed watching the fireworks but decided to go before the queue for the bus got ridiculous.

Back in the room we watched some more local news and the Big bang theory.

In bed by 10 we were exhausted.

Total character meets: 9

Last edited by tinks_1989; 03-01-2013 at 05:48 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #19
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatDisneyLover View Post
Just joining in - looking forward to your TR!
Hello sneaking in there :D Glad you could make it :D
Old 02-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #20
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Great update Elsie is sooooooooo precious as Rella And that cake for her birthday looked fab! Can I ask where did you get the top she was wearing earlier in MK with the "My First Disney Trip" on it? It is genius!!

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:18 AM   #21
tigger17
DIS Veteran

Great update I loved her first Trip top xx
tigger17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:20 AM   #22
tinkerbells mum
DIS Veteran

Loving the update. The photos of Elsie are so cute, I love her first trip top and she looked adorable as Rella!! We've only got 31 days til we go now so your trip report is giving us a much needed Disney fix to get us well and truly excited about our trip. Can't wait to read the rest xx
May 1989 WDW, off site April 1998 DLRP, Sequoia LodgeDec 2005 DLRP, Santa Fe Feb 2009, HNY June 2009 DLRP Cheyenne April 2011 WDW, POFQ Feb 2012 DLRP, Cheyenne April 2013 WDW POFQ Aug 2013 DLRP Kyraid, planning Easter 2015 at POFQMe DD (Tigger 17) Mushu

tinkerbells mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:27 AM   #23
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills Mom View Post
Great update Elsie is sooooooooo precious as Rella And that cake for her birthday looked fab! Can I ask where did you get the top she was wearing earlier in MK with the "My First Disney Trip" on it? It is genius!!
Etsy her shop is called Lainey Belle Boutique She is great she made Elsie's Jessie dress. The top isn't listed on her site but if you contact her I am sure she can do something for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger17 View Post
Great update I loved her first Trip top xx
Thank you very very jealous of your ticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbells mum View Post
Loving the update. The photos of Elsie are so cute, I love her first trip top and she looked adorable as Rella!! We've only got 31 days til we go now so your trip report is giving us a much needed Disney fix to get us well and truly excited about our trip. Can't wait to read the rest xx
31 days so so so jealous. I hope you have a great time. Our first day home we had major melt down tantrum because I wouldn't let her wear a princess dress
Old 02-26-2013, 02:50 AM   #24
MrsTigger
DLRP board....guaranteed to make you smile!
I keep thinking.. who’s that!!
Just thought I'd come and say hello

Great first day with your little princess meeting the princesses lovely memories. Looking forward to reading more!

MrsTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:30 AM   #26
zummerzet66
Are we there yet?!

Looking great so far, Leanne

And my own countdown is GRADUALLY coming down, too!

Matt
August 2013 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village - Pre-Trippy here

zummerzet66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #27
tinkerbells mum
DIS Veteran

I meant to ask did you think photopass plus was worth it, we are going to most of the restaurants but will only go on one or two of the rides on it. We'll definitely get photopass as its just the two of us but can't make up my mind on the plus so any feedback will be great xx
May 1989 WDW, off site April 1998 DLRP, Sequoia LodgeDec 2005 DLRP, Santa Fe Feb 2009, HNY June 2009 DLRP Cheyenne April 2011 WDW, POFQ Feb 2012 DLRP, Cheyenne April 2013 WDW POFQ Aug 2013 DLRP Kyraid, planning Easter 2015 at POFQMe DD (Tigger 17) Mushu

tinkerbells mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #28
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTigger View Post
Great first day with your little princess meeting the princesses lovely memories. Looking forward to reading more!
Lots of very special memories from this holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Yay you've started !!
Looks like a great first day
Yay Glad to have you joining in

Quote:
Originally Posted by zummerzet66 View Post
Looking great so far, Leanne

And my own countdown is GRADUALLY coming down, too!

Matt
Hello stranger, you lucky thing I am sure your trip will be here before you know it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbells mum View Post
I meant to ask did you think photopass plus was worth it, we are going to most of the restaurants but will only go on one or two of the rides on it. We'll definitely get photopass as its just the two of us but can't make up my mind on the plus so any feedback will be great xx
We had 550 photos from 2 weeks (once i addded boarders and edited photos it was well over 1000) but we saw a lot of characters, also ate at a lot of the meals listed. I think it is worth it personally especially if it is just two of you. You will get lots of lovely photos together then.We didn't get any magic shots but I think it is because Elsie is too young. We will get it for every trip from now on.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #29
izzie-wizzie
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in with the report - everything looks fab so far , I love all the pics - Elsie is so sweet

Walt Disney World - September 2011 (Engagement Trip). October 2009 (21st Birthday Trip).
Disneyland Report Paris - 1995, Santa Fe / 2007, Explorers Hotel / 2010, Cheyenne / 2012, Newport Bay Hotel
Disneyland Resort California - April 2013
izzie-wizzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:38 PM   #30
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Love Elsie's custom Jacket.

The cake is stunning aswell.

A great 1st day
20ish trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: