Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 03:00 AM   #151
MrsTigger
DLRP board....guaranteed to make you smile!
I keep thinking.. who’s that!!
Just thought I'd come and say hello

Aww it's over a good last day tho shame about chef Mickey characters.Cinders looked very pleased to see Elsie, that's a really nice pic. Thanks for sharing your trip, I've enjoyed reading along and it's made me even more excited for our trip...43days hurry up!!!

MrsTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:02 AM   #152
tinkerbells mum
DIS Veteran

Elsie looks so adorable in all the photos, I love the ones of her posing on her own!! What a shame that Chef Mickeys didn't live up to expectations. Sounds like you had a brilliant trip overall though, can't wait to see your photopass photos xx
May 1989 WDW, off site April 1998 DLRP, Sequoia LodgeDec 2005 DLRP, Santa Fe Feb 2009, HNY June 2009 DLRP Cheyenne April 2011 WDW, POFQ Feb 2012 DLRP, Cheyenne April 2013 WDW POFQ Aug 2013 DLRP Kyraid, planning Easter 2015 at POFQMe DD (Tigger 17) Mushu

tinkerbells mum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 04:43 AM   #153
pascalstongue
DIS Veteran

Shame that you had such a bad chef mickeys experience. Out of all our ADR's this is the one that Emily is looking forward to the most and I have also booked it for our last night. I really hope that was a one off??

Boo to Disney trips having to end!

pascalstongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:56 AM   #154
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Its a shame Chef Mickey wasnt good. We have only ever done breakfast there but its always been great.

Ive just booked a dinner there for our Sept trip so hope the characters are a bit better.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:27 AM   #155
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTigger View Post
Aww it's over a good last day tho shame about chef Mickey characters.Cinders looked very pleased to see Elsie, that's a really nice pic. Thanks for sharing your trip, I've enjoyed reading along and it's made me even more excited for our trip...43days hurry up!!!
43 days will fly by you get to see the sun so jealous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbells mum View Post
Elsie looks so adorable in all the photos, I love the ones of her posing on her own!! What a shame that Chef Mickeys didn't live up to expectations. Sounds like you had a brilliant trip overall though, can't wait to see your photopass photos xx
Aw thank you. You go tomorrow! You must be so excited. Is it still ok to get me those buttons? Some of my photos are the photo pass ones I just sneaked them in. I have over 1,000 photopass photos. Too many to share lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pascalstongue View Post
Shame that you had such a bad chef mickeys experience. Out of all our ADR's this is the one that Emily is looking forward to the most and I have also booked it for our last night. I really hope that was a one off??

Boo to Disney trips having to end!
I know why do good things have to come to an end.

I think the evening leading up to it didn't help. Waiting for buses after having the ease of the car and getting wet. We are going to go back so it's not completely put us off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurafoster View Post
Its a shame Chef Mickey wasnt good. We have only ever done breakfast there but its always been great.

Ive just booked a dinner there for our Sept trip so hope the characters are a bit better.
We have heard that the atmosphere was better at breakfast we hope to go back for breakfast next time.
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:16 AM   #156
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Some great photos. That Belle is terrible though.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #157
tigger17
DIS Veteran

Looks like you had a fab trip how shame about chef mickey x
tigger17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #158
tinkerbells mum
DIS Veteran

I've got the buttons on my list of things to get. I can't believe its tomorrow now that we go it has come round so quickly wow 1000 photo pass photos definitely worth buying it then. I'm sure everyone on here would happily look at all them lol xx
May 1989 WDW, off site April 1998 DLRP, Sequoia LodgeDec 2005 DLRP, Santa Fe Feb 2009, HNY June 2009 DLRP Cheyenne April 2011 WDW, POFQ Feb 2012 DLRP, Cheyenne April 2013 WDW POFQ Aug 2013 DLRP Kyraid, planning Easter 2015 at POFQMe DD (Tigger 17) Mushu

Old 03-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #159
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Some great photos. That Belle is terrible though.

She isn't the worst belle we have ever seen lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger17 View Post
Looks like you had a fab trip how shame about chef mickey x
Thanks. I hope you have a lovely time when you leave tomorrow I actually know some one else who is going tomorrow. Enjoy every second I'm sure you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbells mum View Post
I've got the buttons on my list of things to get. I can't believe its tomorrow now that we go it has come round so quickly wow 1000 photo pass photos definitely worth buying it then. I'm sure everyone on here would happily look at all them lol xx
Thank you thank you thank you.

How exciting. Have a lovely time. I'm excited to see some photos and may be a TR when you return.

Ill have to upload some of my favourites. .
Old 03-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #160
tinks_1989
need a like button

February 14th - Departure day.

The day we had been dreading! It was still raining and it was cold. We didn't find out how cold until we checked all our clothes in with Virgin at Down Town Disney though!!!!

We were heading for Hollywood Studios today. Disney Junior live on stage was scheduled to re open the next day with a new show so we went to try our luck and see if they had any soft openings.

Our luck was in we were the first show of that day. I don't know if it was the first show ever but it was busy. The queue was huge and we were very lucky to get in.

Now I know a lot of you won't know who these characters are Princess Sofia, Doc McStuffin and Jake and the Neverland Pirates. These characters are a big deal in our family.

It was hard to get a good picture as you have to sit on the ground like the kids do. There is some standing but not a lot.

Elsie loved it though. She got to help pop bubbles, play in the snow, collect her gold doubloons and dance around. This was a huge hit with her and it was lovely to see her enjoy her self. A must do for us that is for sure.

After the show it was still very cold and wet. We were both hungry but wanted to eat in different places so I had a burger at ABC it was ok this plave is so hit and miss and Dave had Pizza at Pizza Planet. Pizza really doesn't bother me I go to Pizza hut and have pasta Yeah I am one of those lol!

Virgin had to text to say our flight was delayed an hour so when we went back to SSR we asked if they would change us. No because they might bring the flight time back. Though we were delayed because the air plane wont be here in time!

We walked over to Down Town Disney for one last time. No cookes of Dublin though. Bought our last few bits I got a jumper as it was so cold. Elsie fell asleep in her push chair for the last time (Probably ever) and we made our way back to wait for ME.

Back at SSR we used our last snack credits on some cheesy mickey biscuits and pez dispensers Elsie loves these.

We collected our hand luggage and I remembered I put trousers in there with Elsie's PJs yay we dont have to freeze any more.

ME was uneventful just fighting back the tears didn't want to go home.

Through security and we had a Burger King between us as our flight was now delayed 2 hours. Elsie found 2 new friends at the airport they played nicely together and wore each other out.

Finally on the flight. We warned that we would experience a lot of turbulence due to the bad weather. After take off the plane dropped a bit and it scared the .... out of me. Most people on the plane screamed and the air host/hostess shouted if every one was ok. This frightened Elsie as you can imagine a small 2 year old who doesnt know what is going on and doesnt understand when you explain it to her. She started crying and the man the other side of the aisle started shouting and swearing at me to shut Elsie up. I was so shocked that I started crying. He got out of his seat started shouting and swearing at the air hostess who was still sat with her lap belt on as the turbulence was that bad telling her to move him and his family. They were already in different seats to what they were allocated. It got so bad that the air hostess came and stood between us so he couldn't see me as he was trying to lean over shouting at me. Dave was so angry but knew not to say anything as he didn't want to make it worse.

The manager come over and said they shouldn't do this whilst the seat belt signs were on but they were frightened for us and moved us to three empty seats. Literally as soon as we got up Elsie stopped crying and we hadn't been sat for a even a few minutes and Elsie fell asleep.

Some of you may remember that I posted on the Community board just before we went that I wasn't copping with Terrible 2's and was worried about our holiday. Well after 2 weeks of seeing plenty of tantrums much worse then Elsie has ever had I felt so much better and a lot more confident as a mum again! After that I felt awful and cried pretty much the whole flight home! I am even tearing up now thinking about it.

The staff were amazing though and couldn't do enough for us. Some of the passengers that were sat around us come over and apologized for what we experienced. We had to right an incident report and some one phoned me a few days later to check we were ok. Really Virgin couldn't of been better we were really pleased with them.

After all the drama and we had all our bags we waited for the shuttle to collect us to take us back to the hotel where the car was parked. We also saw Karma at her best. Oh yes the man that made our journey so horrific his bag had got lost Thanks Karma.

We got the car filled it up with bags, got petrol and made our way home. I slept the entire trip as did Elsie. Dave slept on the flight so was ok to drive home even though he did moan he was lonely.

Back home an unpacked and now almost 6 weeks later I have finished my report
Old 03-28-2013, 03:31 PM   #161
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Location: Currently working for the Mouse in Beijing, China with Disney English.

What a wonderful trip report! Sorry I have been out of town and had to rush to catch up - so many great photos - and again I LOVE the outfits. So glad Elsie wasn't ill for long and things ended on a healthy note for you. I've been baby sitting my baby niece who had a stomach bug and had to stay home from day care - so not fun for little one's to be ill.

Glad you enjoyed some fun shopping at Mall of Millenia and Carter's - LOL I am OFTEN in there stocking up on gifts for my niece. One of the things I enjoy about Orlando are the outlet shops.

What a stressful flight back (aack)!!! That is NO fun.

Thanks for writing and have fun dreaming your next adventure.
Jill * 1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR * August 2014 Hong Kong Disneyland *
New Trip Report Hong Kong Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3323118
Trip Reports WDW and DLRP http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ching+t+shirts
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2419270http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2476348
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....rd+trip+reporthttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....le+trip+report
ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #162
tinks_1989
need a like button

Thank you

Thanks every one who has come to read my Trip Report. I have actually made a few friends from you al and really enjoy talking to you here or on face book so really thank you.

Some of you may have noticed that I have a ticker again and tomorrow is our 180 days! Though we are staying off site so doesn't quiet hold the same excitement.

Their will be 9 of us on this trip

Mum - Elsie's Nana
Dad - Elsie's Nana Dad (can't say Grandy yet)
Me
Dave
Elsie
Sammi - My sister
Dave - Her Dave we have one each we don't share or anything weird like that also known as unc Dav
Miley - Their beautiful little girl. Elsie calls her Shhh Baby!
and Nanny Gr Nana

So I will be pre tripping again soon and hope to see some of you there!

Thanks again guys.

:c loud9:
Old 03-28-2013, 03:39 PM   #163
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatDisneyLover View Post
What a wonderful trip report! Sorry I have been out of town and had to rush to catch up - so many great photos - and again I LOVE the outfits. So glad Elsie wasn't ill for long and things ended on a healthy note for you. I've been baby sitting my baby niece who had a stomach bug and had to stay home from day care - so not fun for little one's to be ill.

Glad you enjoyed some fun shopping at Mall of Millenia and Carter's - LOL I am OFTEN in there stocking up on gifts for my niece. One of the things I enjoy about Orlando are the outlet shops.

What a stressful flight back (aack)!!! That is NO fun.

Thanks for writing and have fun dreaming your next adventure.
Thank you. I hope your Niece is better soon poor little things I just wish you could take it from them and suffer your self instead.

I love the malls there and can't wait to get back to them lol!

No it is just a bad memory now one I hope to for get.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #164
tinkerbells mum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989
I would love to fill up my facebook with some Disney nutters like yourselves (no offence but we are) if any of you have facebook look out for me on there Leanne Moreno
I've looked for you on Facebook but couldn't find you. I'll have another look once we get back. What a horrible flight back so glad virgin looked after you. Glad your next trip is booked even if its off site you'll still have a great time xx

Old 03-28-2013, 04:39 PM   #165
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Ok so first things first - booooo Cant believe your TR is over! I was reading along with your PTR and looking forward for so long and now that its over I'm all
Next I just have to say WOW! I am appalled at that man on the flight! How DARE he do that!! I was delighted to read thaf karma caught up with his sorry behind!!! Hope you're ok pet x
And lastly YAY!!! Looking forward to counting down with you in your next PTR!! September isn't far off at all!!

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: