Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 07:13 AM   #1
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Finally got my own way - TR - 20.10.12

Saturday 20th October

We checked out of the hotel with sad faces just before 10am. Looking back now, I regret not spending more time there – we talked about having a margarita at the lakeside bar most evenings, but never got round to it, and the same with the marshmallow roasting!
Still, we had a good few hours to kill, so we head to Downtown Disney; I don’t think I would have been able to handle a park… I would have missed the flight home!

Tom wanted to get one last fill of Earl of Sandwich, so we used 2 CS credits for breakfast. I had a cup of tea, a breakfast sandwich (egg, bacon and cheddar) and a pot of grapes. It was really nice – imagine a McDonalds, but not as greasy!

We wandered over to DisneyQuest, but it didn’t open until 11am, so we took a slow stroll through all the shops.

We also spent some of those spare pennies on a chocolate covered marshmallow Mickey…

It was lovely! It was nice to people watch from the bench – especially as there was some big rowing type event going on.

We finally made it to DisneyQuest, and walked straight in. I couldn’t believe they’d taken the genie out of the lift – it’s just a normal lift now! We had a great time anyway, it was reasonably busy, but it was a Saturday so I guess it was to be expected!

We stopped off at about 1.30pm to spend our last 2 CS credits…

We didn’t need to eat again for the rest of the day after that – we were stuffed!

A couple more games, a song in the create booth, and we had to leave. I really wanted a CD of all the DQ music, but they don’t seem to do one… if you’re ever in there, listen to the music, it’s Disney music with a futuristic, game-like twist!

Next stop…

Orlando International. I did not want to go home!
The flight home was less magical than the one out – the lights above out seats flickered all the time, we didn’t get offered drinks until the food came out about 3 hours into the flight and my entertainment system didn’t work. The stewardess did her best, but I could a) move seats by myself, b) have a portable DVD player (which they didn’t have on board anyway), or c) watch Tom’s film with a headphone adaptor… I just read my Kindle! Maybe our view was skewed because we were going home.

The end!

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

DLRP August 2004 DLRP June 2008

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
Tinkerbell1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:28 AM   #2
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Final thoughts!

I did a post when I first came back with my highs and lows (which can be found here ), but I thought I'd update this last day now that the trip is less 'fresh' on my mind!

We did have an incredible time, and we joked to ourselves that it was going to be a "research trip" for when my whole family come with us in December 2013. But actually, thanks to the DIS (as usual!) we did find out a lot for this trip that we can use for the next trip!

We are SOOO glad we upgraded to the DDP, and we used every last credit! Yes, we probably coud have done the trip on the QSDP, but I think I wanted to go all out, and try and cover everything!

Our first trip on site did not disappoint, and CSR to me just proves how much you can really take from other peoples reviews. Of course they are important, but if you think you might like it, GO FOR IT!! I took all reviews with a pinch of salt. However, I do wish we had spent more time at CSR, because looking back, I feel like we could have done more.

Editing our videos is tough work, but I find it very therapeutic. It also means I can drag this trip report out a little longer before I need to start thinking about December 2013! We have a FB page and a YT page, please check us out!!

Facebook - Tom & Steffi Videos

Youtube - Tomand Steffi

Thankyou all for reading my report

Steffi xx

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

DLRP August 2004 DLRP June 2008

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
Tinkerbell1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #3
MrsTigger
DLRP board....guaranteed to make you smile!
I keep thinking.. who’s that!!
Just thought I'd come and say hello

Thanks got sharing, interesting you have mentioned about spending more time at CSR I haven't really looked into what there is to see and do at the resort at all.

MrsTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:48 AM   #4
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Thanks for sharing.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #5
DISWolves
Dreams really can come true !!!!

Enjoyed reading your trippie and watching All of your YouTube videos - Thanks!
DISWolves is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: