DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #1
jfondulas
Earning My Ears

First time renting a DVC... advice

Not sure if this is the right place to post. I just booked our trip in Sept for BLT. We are so excited! This is my first time renting a DVC. I know at BLT, members get their own pool separate from the CR guests. Do I, as a renter, get to use the BLT pool? What about the observation deck for the fireworks? I was told by the agent that we could use that but I wanted to know from people that have rented before.
Thanks!

jfondulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:14 PM   #2
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

You get all of the priviledges a regular member would. You get the BLT and CR pools, TOWL, etc.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 01:16 PM   #3
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2

You will be able to use the pool (open to all guests staying at BLT) but you will not be able to use the Top of the World Lounge as it is specifically designated for Members. In order to gain access you would need to show a blue Member ID. The Member would have to be present in order for their guests to enter.

Top of the World Lounge

Top of the World Lounge is located at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort.

Disney Vacation Club Members staying at any Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort (whether they booked with vacation points or cash) may enjoy access to one of the vacation kingdom's most exclusive spaces: the Top of the World Lounge atop Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort through December 29, 2013 (blockout dates in 2013 are July 3 and 4, and December 30 and 31). Current operating hours are 6 p.m. to midnight.

This perk is available exclusively to Members and those in their traveling party who are staying on that Member's reservation. At least one Member in the traveling party must accompany the group and present his or her current Key to the World card displaying a Disney Vacation Club Membership notation in order to gain admission to the lounge. If the Member's Key to the World card doesn't display a Membership notation, a Disney Vacation Club Member ID is required in addition to the Key to the World card to verify Membership.

Note that Members traveling from other Resorts must use Walt Disney World Transportation, as parking is unavailable to anyone not staying at Bay Lake Tower or Disney's Contemporary Resort. Upon arrival, Members must walk to the Bay Lake Tower main lobby entrance on the ground floor and check in at the Top of the World Lounge desk in the lobby.

This special Top of the World Lounge access is available on a first-come, first-served basis until the lounge reaches capacity. As the lounge is particularly popular during the Magic Kingdom fireworks, arriving as early as possible will give Members the best chance of gaining admission.

Learn more about dining at Bay Lake Tower and nearby at Disney's Contemporary Resort.

Last edited by MinnieGirl33; 02-23-2013 at 01:23 PM.
MinnieGirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #4
ToddyLu

Ohh and yes, I did have to go and look at ALL of the trash the dress photos. They are precious, amazing and beautiful. It looks like you guys had an amazing day.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15
Old 02-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #5
ToddyLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieGirl33 View Post
You will be able to use the pool (open to all guests staying at BLT) but you will not be able to use the Top of the World Lounge as it is specifically designated for Members. In order to gain access you would need to show a blue Member ID.

Top of the World Lounge

Top of the World Lounge is located at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort.

Disney Vacation Club Members staying at any Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort (whether they booked with vacation points or cash) may enjoy access to one of the vacation kingdom's most exclusive spaces: the Top of the World Lounge atop Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort through December 29, 2013 (blockout dates in 2013 are July 3 and 4, and December 30 and 31). Current operating hours are 6 p.m. to midnight.

This perk is available exclusively to Members and those in their traveling party who are staying on that Member's reservation. At least one Member in the traveling party must accompany the group and present his or her current Key to the World card displaying a Disney Vacation Club Membership notation in order to gain admission to the lounge. If the Member's Key to the World card doesn't display a Membership notation, a Disney Vacation Club Member ID is required in addition to the Key to the World card to verify Membership.

Note that Members traveling from other Resorts must use Walt Disney World Transportation, as parking is unavailable to anyone not staying at Bay Lake Tower or Disney's Contemporary Resort. Upon arrival, Members must walk to the Bay Lake Tower main lobby entrance on the ground floor and check in at the Top of the World Lounge desk in the lobby.

This special Top of the World Lounge access is available on a first-come, first-served basis until the lounge reaches capacity. As the lounge is particularly popular during the Magic Kingdom fireworks, arriving as early as possible will give Members the best chance of gaining admission.

Learn more about dining at Bay Lake Tower and nearby at Disney's Contemporary Resort.

I stand corrected
Old 02-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #6
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddyLu View Post
You get all of the priviledges a regular member would.
This is not accurate. Renters are not entitled to all Member perks.

Many special offers are available to Members at various times. Members
should visit dvcmember.com or contact Member Services for important
information. To receive any of these offers, you must present your Disney
Vacation Club® Member ID
and current Key to the World Card. Disney
Vacation Club Member discounts cannot be used in conjunction with
any other discounts or promotions. Offers valid through December 31,
2013, unless otherwise noted. All offers are subject to availability,
change, and termination without notice.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #7
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2

Sorry, looks like we were posting at the same time

Old 02-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #8
ToddyLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieGirl33 View Post
This is not accurate. Renters are not entitled to all Member perks.

Many special offers are available to Members at various times. Members
should visit dvcmember.com or contact Member Services for important
information. To receive any of these offers, you must present your Disney
Vacation Club® Member ID
and current Key to the World Card. Disney
Vacation Club Member discounts cannot be used in conjunction with
any other discounts or promotions. Offers valid through December 31,
2013, unless otherwise noted. All offers are subject to availability,
change, and termination without notice.
AGAIN, as I stated above I stand corrected.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #9
jfondulas
Earning My Ears

Thank you! My main concern was for the pool. I didn't want to get there and a cast memver turn me away. That would be embarrassing. I assumed that we wouldn't get the discounts as the members do.
Do you have to swipe your key for the pool or is there a CM there checking cards to let you in?

Old 02-23-2013, 01:39 PM   #10
jfondulas
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddyLu
Ohh and yes, I did have to go and look at ALL of the trash the dress photos. They are precious, amazing and beautiful. It looks like you guys had an amazing day.
Thank you! We had a blast doing them!

Old 02-23-2013, 01:40 PM   #11
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfondulas View Post
Thank you! My main concern was for the pool. I didn't want to get there and a cast memver turn me away. That would be embarrassing. I assumed that we wouldn't get the discounts as the members do.
Do you have to swipe your key for the pool or is there a CM there checking cards to let you in?
You swipe your key to get into the gated pool area.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: