Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #76
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaKnits View Post

Go for CRT! I went on my first trip in 2010 and it was incredible! They have since changed the menu, but from everything I have read the food is very very good. Lobster crepes anyone?
We booked it this morning :-)

OrangeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:40 AM   #77
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
We will be at CP on 9/29. I can't even tell you how excited I am for the new Fantasyland! I tried really really hard to not peek at any pictures of it online, so as to not ruin the surprise. I think my will power only held out for about 4 days.
We do miss by one day. Our first day in the park is 9/30.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 04:20 PM   #78
JessicaKnits
DIS Veteran

A few posts ago I mentioned that I had been super busy prepping for an interview that was going to have for a promotion that I have been working towards for two years now.

Essentially, my business is very seasonal. We do almost 90% of our business for the year from October 1st-December 7th. Rather than our company hiring a massive number of people to handle that influx, and then having to lay them off on December 8th, they contract with multiple telecommunications companies who already have their own employees that we then train, and utilize for our campaign. (WOW, was that ever a run-on sentence!) Then, after December 7th, they go back to doing something else for their company. Its a win-win for all involved. Is this boring you all to tears?

Anywho, that was how I ended up in New York. I was sent to be a mentor for the company that we contracted with there. It was a great experience, but since I have been back, I have wanted significantly more responsibility to develop further.

Last year I applied for the promotion and did not get it. I was majorly bummed, but I got a ton of great feedback from everyone involved in the decision that I was able to use to better prepare for this year. So I had my interview 2 Wednesdays ago, right before I left on a 12 day vacation. TORTURE! NEVER plan for a lengthy vacation after interviewing for a promotion. Its horrendous. It was even more horrendous when I found out they interviewed over 60 people for 12 spots. Thats not even how many people applied! But how many people they interviewed!

Yesterday was my first day back, and I wasn't expecting to hear anything until either Friday this week or some time early next week. I felt like I gave a really good interview and was very prepared, but I was trying not to get my hopes up. I did last year and it was really hard when I didn't get it.

My boss was sitting at my desk and we were going over something entirely un-related, and she asked me if I had heard anything yet. I told her "No, hopefully by Friday." She was like "Oh, well you just got an email from X." X, as I will refer to them as, was the person in charge of making the final decision. Last year, they had everyone come into their office and they formally offered them the position. Once all the spots were full, they sent out one massive rejection email to everyone that applied that didn't get a spot.

So, immediately my heart sank. Another rejection email. I was so crushed I almost couldn't open the email to read it. I finally took a deep breath opened it up, and read "It was a pleasure to get to know you better. (same line as last year) Blah blah blah. Blah. Blah. We are pleased to offer you a spot..." I stopped reading. Not stopped really. But re-read the email about a gazillion times. It was true, they really and truly were offering me a spot. I was so excited that when I went to stand up, I actually fell out of my chair. In a skirt. It was a classy move.

While it is not a permanent position, I am very excited for the opportunity. It is temporary for now, but can lead to something permanent if I do well. While I was initially a little disappointed because I didn't get a permanent spot, I ended up feeling so honored. After all, I am only 25 and only have 1 year of experience in that role.

So, what on earth does this have to do with Disney?!?! Well, since we have multiple locations in the country, it means I will be moving to another state some time in August. I don't know exactly where yet, but I know that thankfully it will be somewhere warm! Most sites are in Florida, Texas and North Carolina. There is even a site in Las Vegas! So, where I am going is still a mystery, but I know I will be leaving in August and not returning until Christmas time. So, that very sadly means that we will have to postpone our trip. No Food & Wine. No Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween. Dates will have to be determined. This news is still very new to me! I haven't even been able to tell my family yet since not everyone that applied and did not get a spot has been notified yet. It is SUCH a hard secret to keep. So since I could hardly contain myself any more, I decided, why not spill on the Dis! As soon as I have re-grouped and come up with a new plan, I will be the first to let you guys all know!!
JessicaKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #79
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Congrats on the promotion :-) Don't worry about postponing your trip, Disney will always be there and this sounds like a great opportunity.

OrangeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #80
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Congrats on the promotion!!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #81
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

CONGRATS! That's great news!!!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:58 PM   #82
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
A few posts ago I mentioned that I had been super busy prepping for an interview that was going to have for a promotion that I have been working towards for two years now.

Essentially, my business is very seasonal. We do almost 90% of our business for the year from October 1st-December 7th. Rather than our company hiring a massive number of people to handle that influx, and then having to lay them off on December 8th, they contract with multiple telecommunications companies who already have their own employees that we then train, and utilize for our campaign. (WOW, was that ever a run-on sentence!) Then, after December 7th, they go back to doing something else for their company. Its a win-win for all involved. Is this boring you all to tears?

Anywho, that was how I ended up in New York. I was sent to be a mentor for the company that we contracted with there. It was a great experience, but since I have been back, I have wanted significantly more responsibility to develop further.

Last year I applied for the promotion and did not get it. I was majorly bummed, but I got a ton of great feedback from everyone involved in the decision that I was able to use to better prepare for this year. So I had my interview 2 Wednesdays ago, right before I left on a 12 day vacation. TORTURE! NEVER plan for a lengthy vacation after interviewing for a promotion. Its horrendous. It was even more horrendous when I found out they interviewed over 60 people for 12 spots. Thats not even how many people applied! But how many people they interviewed!

Yesterday was my first day back, and I wasn't expecting to hear anything until either Friday this week or some time early next week. I felt like I gave a really good interview and was very prepared, but I was trying not to get my hopes up. I did last year and it was really hard when I didn't get it.

My boss was sitting at my desk and we were going over something entirely un-related, and she asked me if I had heard anything yet. I told her "No, hopefully by Friday." She was like "Oh, well you just got an email from X." X, as I will refer to them as, was the person in charge of making the final decision. Last year, they had everyone come into their office and they formally offered them the position. Once all the spots were full, they sent out one massive rejection email to everyone that applied that didn't get a spot.

So, immediately my heart sank. Another rejection email. I was so crushed I almost couldn't open the email to read it. I finally took a deep breath opened it up, and read "It was a pleasure to get to know you better. (same line as last year) Blah blah blah. Blah. Blah. We are pleased to offer you a spot..." I stopped reading. Not stopped really. But re-read the email about a gazillion times. It was true, they really and truly were offering me a spot. I was so excited that when I went to stand up, I actually fell out of my chair. In a skirt. It was a classy move.

While it is not a permanent position, I am very excited for the opportunity. It is temporary for now, but can lead to something permanent if I do well. While I was initially a little disappointed because I didn't get a permanent spot, I ended up feeling so honored. After all, I am only 25 and only have 1 year of experience in that role.

So, what on earth does this have to do with Disney?!?! Well, since we have multiple locations in the country, it means I will be moving to another state some time in August. I don't know exactly where yet, but I know that thankfully it will be somewhere warm! Most sites are in Florida, Texas and North Carolina. There is even a site in Las Vegas! So, where I am going is still a mystery, but I know I will be leaving in August and not returning until Christmas time. So, that very sadly means that we will have to postpone our trip. No Food & Wine. No Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween. Dates will have to be determined. This news is still very new to me! I haven't even been able to tell my family yet since not everyone that applied and did not get a spot has been notified yet. It is SUCH a hard secret to keep. So since I could hardly contain myself any more, I decided, why not spill on the Dis! As soon as I have re-grouped and come up with a new plan, I will be the first to let you guys all know!!
Congrats on the promotion! That's fantastic news.

Maybe not MNSSHP this year.....but I'm sure that there will be another trip for you.

Here's to life....and a new plan.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:13 AM   #83
MEK
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your new position. That is very exciting. I bet you can't wait to find our where you will be living. Sounds like they are all great choices. Congrats. You just have to pick a different time to go to Disney!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #84
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Congrats on the promotion! Too bad about having to postpone your trip, but WDW will still be there when you are ready & able to go.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: