Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #61
JessicaKnits
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great pics!
Thank you! They are from my last trip, and since I never finished my TR I figured I would sprinkle a few in here!
JessicaKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #62
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Joining in! I'll be there in October too, but at the end of the month. Can't wait!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #63
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

That is a great picture of Ragland Road by the way. I agree about Earl, it is delicious! unfortunately on our next trip we don't plan on going to DTD...what to do :O...There is an Earl at the airport where we have a layover :D problem solved haha.

I've yet to try the Cali Grill sushi but I need to add that to my to do list for future trips.

OrangeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #64
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Joining in. Another October traveller. Unlike you, I'll be travelling with boys.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:24 PM   #65
JessicaKnits
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Joining in! I'll be there in October too, but at the end of the month. Can't wait!
Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
That is a great picture of Ragland Road by the way. I agree about Earl, it is delicious! unfortunately on our next trip we don't plan on going to DTD...what to do :O...There is an Earl at the airport where we have a layover :D problem solved haha.

I've yet to try the Cali Grill sushi but I need to add that to my to do list for future trips.
Thank you! I can think of NO better airport food than an Earl of Sandwich!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Joining in. Another October traveller. Unlike you, I'll be travelling with boys.
You brave, brave soul! Thanks for stopping by to say hi!
Old 04-19-2013, 03:45 AM   #66
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaKnits View Post
You brave, brave soul! Thanks for stopping by to say hi!
Brave.

I guess that's one word for it.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 04-19-2013, 07:45 AM   #67
JessicaKnits
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Brave.

I guess that's one word for it.

We will be in Disney about the same time! I hope our weather is nice!
Old 04-19-2013, 07:52 AM   #68
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaKnits View Post
We will be in Disney about the same time! I hope our weather is nice!
Me too. I need good weather to walk between the food booths and to encourage me to drink quick.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:20 AM   #69
JessicaKnits
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Plans (Part One)

Being a creature of habbit, I have certain traditions that I always feel I MUST follow. The first is not making any "park" plans on Travel Day, and having a killer ADR on night one. We have already discussed "Tradition One" so this will bring us to "Tradition Two" and my Day 2 Plans!

I have read many times that first timers should not go to the Magic Kingdom as their first park, but as their last. The theory is that after seeing that Castle, nothing else will ever compare, thus leading to a series of disappointments throughout the trip.

I have always been one that more or less marches to my own drum, so I cry foul on this theory. I think that it is a disservice to Disney to say that the other parks don't compare. I happen to love all the parks, but each in their own unique way. I love Hollywood Studios for its amazing thrill rides, and because it does feel as if you have been transported back to Hollywood in its Hey Day. I love learning about different cultures in Epcot and roaming about drinking and snacking. I don't care for many of the rides here, except Soarin', which I fell in love with at Disney's California Adventure first. And I love Animal Kingdom because you truly feel immersed in Africa!

Traveling with a "first timer" for the first time since I was a first timer myself, I try to keep that in mind. I don't want to ruin any of the magic for my friend!

So where are we headed to for our first fill day of Disney fun and frivolity?

Read on to find out...

(Photo courtesy of blushandjelly.com)

I just can't help myself. I am drawn to the castle. It has to be the first thing that I do!

So, we will make our way to the train depot...

~*~We're walking right down the middle of Main Stret, U.S.A~*~

There's my beauty...

And we will make a detour to...

for some AMAZING eats!

Poohs french toast, the breakfast lasagna, the breakfast pizza, the cobbler, everything! SO AMAZING!

We have an 8:05 AM ADR here, so I can't wait for Megan to experience the beauty that is Magic Kingdom before park opening!

After we enjoy a breakfast with a few of our closest friends from the Hundred Acre Wood, where do you think we will be off to for our first ride?
Old 04-19-2013, 08:44 AM   #70
MEK
DIS Veteran

Love your plans. That's a pretty cool picture of Raglan Rd. Nice vantage point for the shot.

I used to have to go to MK on my first day. And my first ride always had to be Space Mountain. There is just something awesome about walking down Main Street time that is so awesome. And I love CP breakfast. The best!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #71
PrincessInOz
in

Great plans so far for MK. I had to double check your dates to see what day you're planning the CP breakfast. I think we'll be there the day after you.

I like to go towards Fantasyland myself. If possible, hit Peter Pan and the Teacups early! But with the new expansion, I'm guessing that you're going to go towards the Enchanted Tales with Belle.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:49 PM   #72
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

I'm a huge lover of Magic Kingdom. I do love the other parks but there is something just special about MK. And I love the idea of started at the park where it all started.

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:59 AM   #73
JessicaKnits
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Love your plans. That's a pretty cool picture of Raglan Rd. Nice vantage point for the shot.

I used to have to go to MK on my first day. And my first ride always had to be Space Mountain. There is just something awesome about walking down Main Street time that is so awesome. And I love CP breakfast. The best!
CP is definitely one of my favorite breakfasts on property. There is so much variety! We usually are able to duck out by about 8:45 and spend the last 15 minutes before rope drop taking some pictures!

Quote:
Great plans so far for MK. I had to double check your dates to see what day you're planning the CP breakfast. I think we'll be there the day after you.

I like to go towards Fantasyland myself. If possible, hit Peter Pan and the Teacups early! But with the new expansion, I'm guessing that you're going to go towards the Enchanted Tales with Belle.
We will be at CP on 9/29. I can't even tell you how excited I am for the new Fantasyland! I tried really really hard to not peek at any pictures of it online, so as to not ruin the surprise. I think my will power only held out for about 4 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
I'm a huge lover of Magic Kingdom. I do love the other parks but there is something just special about MK. And I love the idea of started at the park where it all started.

Amanda
Agreed! I love learning about the history of the park. On my last trip, we did the Keys To The Kingdom Tour. I was SO glad that we decided to do it, because we learned so many neat and interesting details that we otherwise would have missed. One of my favorite parts of the tour is when they were explaining how the planning of Disney World was a seriously covert operation. Walt and his brother made up a bunch of dumby companies, and started buying up property in mass quantities. In the mean time, the rumor mill was running in over drive, speculating where Disney's next park was going to be. They had about 90% of the property purchased, when Walt sat down and did an interview with some publication. The interviewer asked if Walt was, in fact, planning to build a theme park in Central Florida. Walt told the reporter they were crazy. Central Florida was hot, humid, mosquito-infested swampland. Thunderstorms would seemingly pop up out of nowhere, and the land was completely unsuitable for construction. The reporter took it for what it was, and went back to assemble their article. The reporter got to thinking that Walt, a guy from Southern California, knew way to much about the geography of Central Florida, and surmised that they were in fact planning to build the next Disney park in Florida. The next day they ran with the story, and it cost the Disney company more money to buy up that last 10% of land, than it did the preceding 90%!
Old 04-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #74
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

I agree that nothing starts off a Disney trip as a day at MK and a before park ADR at Crystal Palace is the (2nd) best way of starting a MK day (I still need my Kona Coffee :P). Walking down that empty Main St USA is priceless. What a great start. We are debating between CP and CRT for our final day. CRT is in the lead for the sole reason that we've never been before.

OrangeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:22 AM   #75
JessicaKnits
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
I agree that nothing starts off a Disney trip as a day at MK and a before park ADR at Crystal Palace is the (2nd) best way of starting a MK day (I still need my Kona Coffee :P). Walking down that empty Main St USA is priceless. What a great start. We are debating between CP and CRT for our final day. CRT is in the lead for the sole reason that we've never been before.
Go for CRT! I went on my first trip in 2010 and it was incredible! They have since changed the menu, but from everything I have read the food is very very good. Lobster crepes anyone?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: