Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #16
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeka65844 View Post
We were there for marathon weekend in Jan and I was shocked to see people RUNNING in these.

I thought good running sense says you never run a race in a brand new pair of shoes????
I dont know if that's still as big of an issue as it once was or not. Now, unless I wore that model new balance, no way I would have run in them, but if they would have gotten them thursday and wore them, they maybe would have been ok to run in them?
Old 02-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #17
Ariel484
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDanielle85 View Post
There was a pre-order for the Princess Dooney's it was on Active.com, I had all the info filled out and ready to go before i realized i wanted to see it in person before plunking down 296 on a purse.
Oh, that's great! I went to the site yesterday and there wasn't a link there, it just said they would have limited quantities available. So maybe they took the link down a week ago or whatever. Good, I'm glad they're doing that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeka65844 View Post
We were there for marathon weekend in Jan and I was shocked to see people RUNNING in these.

I thought good running sense says you never run a race in a brand new pair of shoes????
I KNOW. I saw that and was just like
Quote:
Originally Posted by dburg30 View Post
I dont know if that's still as big of an issue as it once was or not. Now, unless I wore that model new balance, no way I would have run in them, but if they would have gotten them thursday and wore them, they maybe would have been ok to run in them?
Personally, I wouldn't do it. I made sure both pairs of shoes I had for the weekend had 20-30 miles on them before the races.
Ariel484 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #18
Soccer Princess
DIS Cast Member
you would never find me with the old hammer again!

Does anyone know how these shoes are running size wise? I normally wear Saucony running shoes, but these are super cute. Thanks!
Soccer Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:16 PM   #19
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer Princess View Post
Does anyone know how these shoes are running size wise? I normally wear Saucony running shoes, but these are super cute. Thanks!
Well they are the NB model 860v3 which is actually the shoe I wear right now. For my foot / weight / running style, they were what was suggested for my by my running store. They are a stability shoe since I had the tendency to walk on the insides of my shoes. No clue how they compare to the Saucony shoes.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #20
DisneyRunnerGirl
If you see me sitting in a rocking chair, it's because I'm tying my running shoes.

I am super excited - my fantastic DS sent me a text at about 1:15 from the Expo to ask if I still wanted the Minnie shoes!!! I was at the Full in Jan when they sold out in no time. DS said the folks at the booth told people that more shoes were being brought over in about 45 minutes. He said he and his GF would hang out and try to get a pair in my size.

Long story short - it ended up being over an hour an a half before the shoes showed up but my DS and his sweetie are terrific kids and waited. My DS got a pair of the Mickeys as an early birthday gift and I told him to take his girl out to dinner on me. These kids spent a good chunk of their afternoon off standing around just to get shoes for me.

They are running the Family 5k tomorrow as Flynn Rider and Rapunzel so just went Expo to pick up their packets. I am a thousand miles away in Ohio and was feeling sorry for myself this morning since I couldn't be there to run with them and run the Princess. Since Friday is casual day at my office I even wore my WDW 2013 Marathon jacket to work to cheer myself up. Little did I know that by late afternoon I would be the proud owner of a pair of Minnie's!!

Update from RunDisney blog is that 1200 pairs would be available for weekend. They are limiting sales to 2 pairs per person.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Last edited by DisneyRunnerGirl; 02-22-2013 at 06:42 PM.
DisneyRunnerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:37 PM   #21
dburg30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer Princess View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dburg30 View Post
Well they are the NB model 860v3 which is actually the shoe I wear right now. For my foot / weight / running style, they were what was suggested for my by my running store. They are a stability shoe since I had the tendency to walk on the insides of my shoes. No clue how they compare to the Saucony shoes.
And WOW, talk about a reading comprehension fail on my part .. In my defense I'd been up for over a day straight and wasnt exactly all there
Old 02-24-2013, 11:33 PM   #22
Mac4life30
DIS Veteran

anymore success stories ?
Mac4life30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: