Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 08:42 AM   #31
amtag
Mouseketeer

I am wondering too and I really want to get the date I want because my Grandmother who lives in Florida is coming to meet us for a day and she really wants to eat there since she doesn't get to disney too much anymore, need some of that Dis board pixie dust!
Old 02-23-2013, 08:47 AM   #32
ThreeKMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie'smom View Post
Same as my daughter. Tried again today(3x so far) All the cast members are saying is it still has not loaded into the system. One went as far as telling me that it's the restaurant's fault,. How it's their fault I do not know. Have to keep trying, and if not, well I'll try somewhere else and just have lunch at BOG. Always wanted to try Marrakesh . Wonder if you can order the gray stuff for dessert at lunch? The gray stuff is why my daughter wants to try BOG.
Good luck getting your ADR!

We had dinner at BOG on 2/5, it was very good.
Just wanted to let you know that the "grey stuff" is not on the menu, they will bring it out as a surprise if someone is celebrating a birthday. I asked our waitress if there was any of the grey stuff around and that's when she told me it was only for birthdays, then she said she would see if she could find some in the kitchen and she did!

Love & Pixie Dust
ThreeKMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 09:09 AM   #33
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv4Dis View Post
I tried the website n The worst part of it was that everytime the railroad part started I thought it was the CM coming on the phone ... only to be fooled each time.

P.S.S. The people I work with think I am just slightly obsessed, worried about a dinner reservation at the end of August. They just don't get it.
AT LEAST MY FELLOW DIS BOARDERS GET IT
LOL I had the same reaction to the pause for the railroad part too!!!
Got me every time for 30 minutes!!

Just updating that I was just told BOG is still not in the system yet. Every CM said it yesterday (except for the one who kept telling me that I just couldn't make my ADRs until next Thurs - she seemed confused when I told her, no, I had already made all the others with my 10 day window, so I knew to hang up and call back for another CM LOL)

I overslept this morning and panicked so I was glad I didn't miss it. Sure wish I could get a discount for all the phone calls and time it is taking me to get this ADR - but it is the one place DGrD(9) asked to celebrate her b'day with her mom (my DD) - DGrD and I got to eat there in early Nov during pre-opening and we both LOVED it!

I'll be calling all day - first one to get a BOG ADR for end of Aug. come right here and post!!!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #34
ellie'smom
Mouseketeer

Okay, spoke to yet another CM 5 minutes ago, BOG still not in the system. Learned something new, inventory for tables get loaded in overnight. So this means that our calling all day is for naught. When these tables are released they will come into the system in the a.m., supposedly. Now I have no way of verifying this. If anyone else is going to call today please ask the CM that you speak to if this is the procedure. This way we don't end up wasting yet another day waiting on the phone endlessly.
ellie'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:51 AM   #35
bjakmom

DIS Veteran

I never know whether to believe the CMs - so I don't! I just had a CM tell me that it's loaded into the system, but it books out so fast that it is full. And someone else had a CM who told them to check back at the end of the day. LOL I'll be calling today and tomorrow every few hours while I am home and available. Good luck everyone!
Old 02-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #36
WeCantWait
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjakmom View Post
I never know whether to believe the CMs - so I don't! I just had a CM tell me that it's loaded into the system, but it books out so fast that it is full. And someone else had a CM who told them to check back at the end of the day. LOL I'll be calling today and tomorrow every few hours while I am home and available. Good luck everyone!
Honestly, I think this is amazing. We just spoke to 2 cast members. They both told us that BoG is completely booked for the end of August. One even said she called the restaurant and confirmed that it was put in the system and is all booked up.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:45 PM   #37
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

I thought I posted this earlier today but can't see my post... strange

I booked on Feb 19 for August 23. There was alot of openings when I checked for several days. I was debatting between 23 and the 26.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:47 PM   #38
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pletprincesses View Post
I thought I posted this earlier today but can't see my post... strange

I booked on Feb 19 for August 23. There was alot of openings when I checked for several days. I was debatting between 23 and the 26.
And on the 18th, I was told there was only the 8:15 spot. Did you do it online or on the phone?

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:21 AM   #39
frannn
please stop the madnesssss already & tag me
From the TF...someone pls call 911 for Frann, she held her breath until I tagged her and she apparently turned blue and fell down. :)

Nothing for BOG this AM

For anybody that's afraid they overslept or missed out on BOG....I got up at 6 AM...again...and still nothing at all can be booked there.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:16 AM   #40
jlundeen
Mickey Fanatic

boy, after reading all your posts with the frustration of not being able to book 180 out, I'm starting to think my quest is truly an "Impossible Dream". I currently have a resv for Apr 26, the last night of our trip, at 8:50. I grabbed it up as soon as I saw it, cause I knew reservations were hard to get for this restaurant. We didn't decide on doing the trip until January, so I knew were were already behind!!

Now I would really really like to end our trip with the FW Dessert Party, and change our resv at BOG to an earlier time, or one of three other days earlier in the week. Forget it!

I'm thinking that one of the problems with the new website is that with the old one, if you were on the dining plans, you could only book one reservation for any given time frame...with the new one, no restrictions at all, so folks can book as many as they want, then (hopefully) eventually cancel the ones they don't want. So anyone hoping for anything less than 180 days out have to HOPE for a cancellation. But if cancellations aren't showing up on the site, it looks like there is no availability...

UGH.

Hope they get their act together and get the site fixed. There are a lot of folks trying to make plans for their "magical" vacation, and so far the experience of many is something far less than "magical"!
Old 02-24-2013, 10:21 AM   #41
ellie'smom
Mouseketeer

I'm done. Not even going to try anymore. BOG, see you at lunchtime.
ellie'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #42
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

I made a reservation last week for August 11 with no issue.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge resort not yet decided!

roomthreeseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #43
BrdwayBoy
"I know now that theatre saved my life." - S. Stroman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie'smom
I'm done. Not even going to try anymore. BOG, see you at lunchtime.
I'm almost at that point myself! Beyond frustrating!

BrdwayBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #44
disneynut11
Mouseketeer

I never thought it would be this difficult!
I told myself that that was it and I was quitting but I find myself keep trying!
disneynut11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:32 AM   #45
bjakmom

DIS Veteran

Still no BOG ADRs for last week of August this morning

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: