Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 06:44 AM   #16
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

Just got off the phone for my 180+10 ADRs. CM told me BOG was still not in the system for the date I wanted (end of Aug) and to keep trying that it could be put in at any time - great! glad I got up early and spent a half hour on hold waiting for an agent
Neither the online system nor the automated call system would recognize my resort reservation # - so I guess I have to keep calling back and waiting until they get their act together.
Of course it's the one place DGrD wants to celebrate her birthday! LOL
Old 02-22-2013, 06:53 AM   #17
nugov2
DIS Veteran

I don't think they are actually booked...I think it is the computer system. I said this in another post I called around 160 days out for BOG b/c I didn't think I wanted it at first, but then changed my mind and decided we should do it. I was able to get two reservations for June with no problem b/c we aren't sure what day we want to go. I guess it is possible it has gotten a lot more popular, but I would think it is a glitch.
nugov2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #18
WeCantWait
DIS Veteran

I am in the same boat as you. Our 180+10 is Saturday and we are hoping to get BOG on the second day of our trip. I have been checking the week before our trip and there are no reservations available. Since we do not need a reservation for the first day of our trip, I am assuming it's pointless to get up at 6 and try booking online, all the reports I have read lately are saying people are not able to book online past their first day. So frustrating. I really think it's simply amazing that a company like Disney could have such problems with their website for so long. I guess I will just call at 7 and hope for the best.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #19
amtag
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeCantWait View Post
I am in the same boat as you. Our 180+10 is Saturday and we are hoping to get BOG on the second day of our trip. I have been checking the week before our trip and there are no reservations available. Since we do not need a reservation for the first day of our trip, I am assuming it's pointless to get up at 6 and try booking online, all the reports I have read lately are saying people are not able to book online past their first day. So frustrating. I really think it's simply amazing that a company like Disney could have such problems with their website for so long. I guess I will just call at 7 and hope for the best.
The CM told me that BOG is not released for that week (week of 8/19 and possibly beyond, but I was looking at 8/19). I called this morning at 7 and was on hold for 30 minutes. She said that they had originally released those dates and then took it back, so no one can book that week, and from what I am seeing no one has gotten a reservation for that week recently. She could not tell me when it would be released, she said just to keep checking online, hopefully if someone else hears anything it will be posted on here somewhere so we can try again - good luck!
Old 02-22-2013, 09:15 AM   #20
frannn
please stop the madnesssss already & tag me
From the TF...someone pls call 911 for Frann, she held her breath until I tagged her and she apparently turned blue and fell down. :)

That is very frustrating

I will still get up and try to make my ADRs tomorrow, but I was basing some of my other ressies around when I can get BOG. So, I'll end up planning every other day of our trip, then eventually have to redo everything when BOG is finally released. Hopefully I remember to check the WDW system (that doesn't work) 5x a day, until I see that the ressie that I wanted is released but now unavailable . Very unhappy with WDW management today. My DD10 could do a better job
Old 02-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #21
Loreli
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrdwayBoy View Post
Tried again this evening, and still Nothing for *any* day of my trip. I guess we'll keep trying... although the more I think about it, the more I am coming around to the idea that I may just do lunch, which would then free up our evening to do something else. Hmmm...
Check out the BOG Lunch review at this site. We are going for lunch now definitely. The photos are great and it just sounds so yummy.
www.disneydiningreviews.com

Loreli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #22
ellie'smom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjakmom View Post
Just got off the phone for my 180+10 ADRs. CM told me BOG was still not in the system for the date I wanted (end of Aug) and to keep trying that it could be put in at any time - great! glad I got up early and spent a half hour on hold waiting for an agent
Neither the online system nor the automated call system would recognize my resort reservation # - so I guess I have to keep calling back and waiting until they get their act together.
Same as my daughter. Tried again today(3x so far) All the cast members are saying is it still has not loaded into the system. One went as far as telling me that it's the restaurant's fault,. How it's their fault I do not know. Have to keep trying, and if not, well I'll try somewhere else and just have lunch at BOG. Always wanted to try Marrakesh . Wonder if you can order the gray stuff for dessert at lunch? The gray stuff is why my daughter wants to try BOG.
ellie'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:05 PM   #23
WeCantWait
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtag View Post
The CM told me that BOG is not released for that week (week of 8/19 and possibly beyond, but I was looking at 8/19). I called this morning at 7 and was on hold for 30 minutes. She said that they had originally released those dates and then took it back, so no one can book that week, and from what I am seeing no one has gotten a reservation for that week recently. She could not tell me when it would be released, she said just to keep checking online, hopefully if someone else hears anything it will be posted on here somewhere so we can try again - good luck!
Thanks for that information. Good luck to you as well!
Old 02-22-2013, 09:23 PM   #24
Liv4Dis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjakmom View Post
I was one of the lucky ones as I was able to make all my ADR's at 180+10 online except for BOG which we want for the last night of our trip. I tried the website numerous times today and have called three times without any luck. The good thing is instead of It's A Small Word stuck in my head I now have that dreaded "hold music" stuck in my head. The worst part of it was that everytime the railroad part started I thought it was the CM coming on the phone ... only to be fooled each time.

P.S. I never did get BOG, it seems that they have not loaded any availability into the system for anyone to book past August 29 and I was told to keep checking back.

P.S.S. The people I work with think I am just slightly obsessed, worried about a dinner reservation at the end of August. They just don't get it.
AT LEAST MY FELLOW DIS BOARDERS GET IT

2006-Riverside, 2007-Universal, 2008-POP, 2009-Caribbean Beach, 2010-French Quarter, 2011-Riverside, 2012-French Quarter, 2013-French Quarter,
August 2014 French Quarter

Liv4Dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:05 AM   #25
amtag
Mouseketeer

Lol, when I was on hold I thought the train thing was the CM coming on every time too!
Old 02-23-2013, 06:15 AM   #26
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtag

I got a BOG ADR for 8/23 on Feb 19th. I wonder when and why they pulled them.

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:40 AM   #27
cmorris303
Earning My Ears

I got BOG for 8/23 on February 18. They had other nights open for earlier that week when I called, but they were all close to 9:00 for a party of 9.
They must have just pulled them down.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:44 AM   #28
Loreli
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys View Post
I got a BOG ADR for 8/23 on Feb 19th. I wonder when and why they pulled them.
They pulled it Thursday morning. I got BOG on Wed the 20th around 7pm for Aug 22nd. Then Thursday morning people started positing that it wasn't in the system. It was your suggestion to try for it later in my trip that motivated me to call for Thursday the 22nd.

Loreli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:57 AM   #29
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loreli

They pulled it Thursday morning. I got BOG on Wed the 20th around 7pm for Aug 22nd. Then Thursday morning people started positing that it wasn't in the system. It was your suggestion to try for it later in my trip that motivated me to call for Thursday the 22nd.
I'm so glad you got it! I'm still wondering why they pulled it though.

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:39 AM   #30
ellie'smom
Mouseketeer

Still nothing. The CMs keep telling me to check online, they don't seem to get that that is not working either.
ellie'smom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: