Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #1
frannn
please stop the madnesssss already & tag me
From the TF...someone pls call 911 for Frann, she held her breath until I tagged her and she apparently turned blue and fell down. :)

? for those who've made recent 180+10 ADRs

Our ADR day is this Sat. I'm going to try for BOG, but it seems like there's nothing available at all the few days to a week before we go. Have most people been able to score a dinner ADR if you call on the 180th day? Is there a strategy to grabbing one online, or by phone? We are also trying for other hard to get places, like Ohana and Chef Mickey's, but those seem much more available. We're going in August- am I most likely out of luck?
Old 02-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
mistysue
DIS Veteran

I called yesterday afternoon and got exactly the day and time I wanted- I think it was 184 days out?
I didn't have a problem at all, and it was a 6:05, so the most popular time.
My only warning is that I would be ready to call because online has been messing up big time.

I like vacations.
mistysue is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
elyse43230
Is this real life? I feel funny...

Online ADR's open at 6am EST.
Phones open at 7am EST.

I would do this-at 6am EST, get online and try to get all of your top picks (make sure you are connected to your resort reservation).

Then when 7am hits, call and make the rest of them.

When I did this for my 180 day in Jan, the online system was down at 6am so I ended up waiting until 7am and getting everything I wanted. It took 45 minutes to get all 45 ADRs, but I got absolutely everything I wanted (BOG, CRT before RD, etc.).

The CMs are smart and they let you book all of them first, then after you book everything, they go through the agreements and Credit card guarantees so you don't waste anytime.

Good luck!

Disney Trips! June 2013 OKW June 2012 POFQ Feb 2009 POFQ July 2008 Epcot March 2008 5 Days POFQ April 2007 MK w/ Mom October 2001 Poly July 1993 MK August 1989 MK - 5 years old (Shannon gets her ears)
elyse43230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #4
scrappinginontario
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyse43230 View Post
It took 45 minutes to get all 45 ADRs, but I got absolutely everything I wanted (BOG, CRT before RD, etc.).
Phew! I had 11 ressies to make and thought that took a bit of organization! I cannot imagine doing 45 ADRs at once! You rock!!

Amazing Trips with DD: Feb 2014 (7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise on Fantasy), November 2013 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2013 (11 Mommy and DD days. Perfect!!), Nov 2012 (2 days AoA LM with grandparents and DN), Aug 2012 (10 awesome days with just the 2 of us!), Nov 2011 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2011 (8 days with DN and Nana), Apr 2010 (3 days), Nov 2010 (2 days with grandparents)
scrappinginontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #5
BrdwayBoy
"I know now that theatre saved my life." - S. Stroman.

Today was my 180 mark. I was online at 6 am to try and get a reservation for the second day day of my trip, and the site wouldn't let me make a reservation for anything other than the first day of my trip - even when I was signed in and connected to my reservation. So I called at 7:00 a.m. and apparently there was NOT a single BOG reservation to be had for ANY day of my trip (7 days), for ANY time between 4 pm and 7 pm. I called THREE times.

I just tried to search again, to make other reservations, and It keeps telling me that they can't find any times for ANY restaurant. I've tried using two different computers and even my iPhone.

I'm really very frustrated, and this new system is terrible.

BrdwayBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #6
ellie'smom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrdwayBoy View Post
Today was my 180 mark. I was online at 6 am to try and get a reservation for the second day day of my trip, and the site wouldn't let me make a reservation for anything other than the first day of my trip - even when I was signed in and connected to my reservation. So I called at 7:00 a.m. and apparently there was NOT a single BOG reservation to be had for ANY day of my trip (7 days), for ANY time between 4 pm and 7 pm. I called THREE times.

I just tried to search again, to make other reservations, and It keeps telling me that they can't find any times for ANY restaurant. I've tried using two different computers and even my iPhone.

My 180 day mark is today also. Tried BOG all week for 10 days and nothing, zero, zilch. Spoke to an agent and she said that it's not possible, try later tonight. She told me it looks like BOG has not been loaded into the system yet. I have no idea how that works ( loading the system), so I will just take her suggestion and wait till dinnertime and try again.
ellie'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:49 PM   #7
BrdwayBoy

Thank you for that... I too, thought that sounded really absolutely incredible that there was ZERO availability. I suppose, I will also try later on this evening. Thank you for the heads up! :-)

Old 02-21-2013, 01:05 PM   #8
BrdwayBoy

Thank you for that... I too, thought that sounded really absolutely incredible that there was ZERO availability. I suppose, I will also try later on this evening. Thank you for the heads up! :-)

Old 02-21-2013, 01:51 PM   #9
Loreli
Mouseketeer

Something is definitely funky with BOG ADRs today. I was reading on WDW Lines phone app chat that someone else got the same response about BOG, that it was not in the system yet.

I couldn't get BOG for our arrival day Aug 18th. Woke up at 6 am on my vacation logged in and saw a 4:15 table available WOW! But the server was down. Now I should have kept trying but I went back to bed with 2 botched attempts. At 7am I called and by the time, 45mins later, a CM began taking my ADRs BOG was all booked for the day. I called back Wed night and got an ADR for Aug 22nd, so at lease we will be eating there. I read about BOG alot and it sounds like it's getting more popular.

Hope you get the ADRs you are looking for! I suggest planning BOG for the last days of your stay as there will likely be more availability.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:11 PM   #10
ChloesDaddy
Mouseketeer

We booked our ADRs for June on December 9th using the website. It was kind of a pain to deal with, having to wait for pages to load, putting in the same information for multiple ADRs (# of guests, ages, etc...). One thing that we did was plan for BOG on the last night of our trip. Our reasoning was that the further out we booked the fewer other guests we might be competing against for reservations since you can book for up to 10 days 180 days before your check-in. We also prioritized our ADRs before booking day and went for the BOG reservation first. I'm not sure if this approach saved the day or if we would have gotten what we wanted anyway, but we got the reservation we wanted -- 6:00 on June 13th. Hope this helps.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:11 PM   #11
triplejen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrdwayBoy View Post

I had the exact same experience this morning. Today is my 180 mark, couldn't make anything past the first day online at 6, got a CM right at 7, tried BoG first and there was NOTHING for any of the 10 days out.

I will try again later, as I imagine it must be a glitch in the system. I could understand not getting ideal times, or not getting anything on the first few days out, but NOTHING?

August 2013 - Wilderness Lodge
August 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter

February 2012 - Hard Rock Hotel (Universal only - shhhhh!)
August 2011 - Beach Club
March 2011 - All Star Sports (ESPN the Weekend)
December 2010 - Polynesian (MVMCP)
August 2010 - Caribbean Beach Resort / Beach Club
February 2010 - All Star Sports (ESPN the Weekend)
August 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2008 - Coronado Springs Resort
triplejen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:26 PM   #12
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

I want to preface this post with "this was my experience and in no way am I slamming Disney, but their new website STINKS!!!!" My 180+10 day mark was on Tuesday, I was online at 5:59 and refreshed at 6:00am for a BOG ADR. I wanted it the first day we were at Disney, I was lucky and was able to retrieve one, but as far as booking the rest of our ADRs was a joke!!! I tried for over an hour to be told that I couldn't book beyond the first day for an hour, and that all the restaurants I wanted to eat at had no availability. So, at 7:00 I called the Dining number and just kept saying agent, got on the hold loop. Then at 7:25 I got fed up and I called the regular Disney number and the nice lady I got, put me right thru to a Dining Agent. I was able to make all the ADRs I wanted. So, to say I was frustrated with the website is an understatement! You would think with the amount of work Disney has put into this "My Experience" experience, it would work or at least the bugs worked out by now! I suppose I look at the old website like this: if it ain't broke, don't fix it! And as far as I could see the old website worked just fine!!! The new one, well not so good!!!!

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
mom2taylorandemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #13
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

I called at 180 days out and got BOG for my 6th day. It was the only day I asked about. If I were you I would ask about it first and then try for as far out as you can. Good luck!

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:23 PM   #14
BrdwayBoy

Tried again this evening, and still Nothing for *any* day of my trip. I guess we'll keep trying... although the more I think about it, the more I am coming around to the idea that I may just do lunch, which would then free up our evening to do something else. Hmmm...

Old 02-21-2013, 10:29 PM   #15
devonsmommy
DIS Veteran

Our day to call was last Saturday. I tried online but it wasn't working...kept giving me an error message. So called in at 7 a.m. and was able to get all we wanted, including a dinner at BOG the exact time/day we wanted.

COME READ MY TRIP REPORT! Girls Gone Wild 5/4-5/11 or my DINING REPORT! 5/4-5/11 w/ lots of pics!

8/15-24/13 DINING REPORT

October 2014--Wonder!
May 2014--OKW
August 2013--Polynesian, October 2012--Old Key West, May 2012--Animal Kingdom Lodge/Expedition Everest!, March 2012--Disney Magic!, Feb. 2012--Pop, Dec. 2010--Contemporary/Pop, Sept. 2009--Pop, Sept. 2008--POR, June 2004--Vistana
And many trips before!
devonsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: