Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #1
Cicero10
Mouseketeer

Talking Have you ever met any celebrities while being apart of the program?

I'm just wondering, not like I anticipate meeting one if/when I apply (which won't be for a long while).
:ro tfl2ixiedust:
Cicero10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:37 PM   #2
leeg229
Mouseketeer

Tom Cruise with his daughter right after his divorce. I saw bieber from a distance, but i don't really care about that. I helped an executive from ABC in one of the shops I work in. She said I was very well spoken and composed for a college student. President Obama gave a speech at MK but I chose to sleep instead of trying to see him.
leeg229 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 09:56 PM   #3
Cicero10
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeg229 View Post
Tom Cruise with his daughter right after his divorce. I saw bieber from a distance, but i don't really care about that. I helped an executive from ABC in one of the shops I work in. She said I was very well spoken and composed for a college student. President Obama gave a speech at MK but I chose to sleep instead of trying to see him.
If you wanted, are you allowed to ask for an autograph or are there rules with celebrities? (FYI I personally wouldn't do that, cause I'd be to shy for that/embarrassed)
Old 02-18-2013, 10:02 PM   #4
leeg229
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero10 View Post
If you wanted, are you allowed to ask for an autograph or are there rules with celebrities? (FYI I personally wouldn't do that, cause I'd be to shy for that/embarrassed)
Nope. That's grounds for a reprimand. There are a bunch of things you can't do when it comes to celebs. You have to treat them like any other guest. Even if you're backstage that's a huge no-no. You have to remember they're on vacation and they are trying to get away from the stress of their normal lives and fans constantly asking for autographs or photos.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:16 PM   #5
Cicero10
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Nope. That's grounds for a reprimand. There are a bunch of things you can't do when it comes to celebs. You have to treat them like any other guest. Even if you're backstage that's a huge no-no. You have to remember they're on vacation and they are trying to get away from the stress of their normal lives and fans constantly asking for autographs or photos.
Oh ok. I was just wondering, I don't really get star struck like most people. The only person I would get star struck over would be Kim kardashian haha :P

When vacationing I've actually seen a few celebrities like Bowie mandel, my parents recognized a few that I didn't know like the actress of ghost whisperer and some others.

What's a reprimand? Is it like an official strike type system? When you go to Traditions (I think that's what it's called) do they go over all the rules and stuff?
Old 02-18-2013, 10:48 PM   #6
leeg229
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh ok. I was just wondering, I don't really get star struck like most people. The only person I would get star struck over would be Kim kardashian haha :P

When vacationing I've actually seen a few celebrities like Bowie mandel, my parents recognized a few that I didn't know like the actress of ghost whisperer and some others.

What's a reprimand? Is it like an official strike type system? When you go to Traditions (I think that's what it's called) do they go over all the rules and stuff?
I just re-read my previous answer and it sounded like I was trying to lecture you, that wasn't what I was trying to do so sorry if that came out the wrong way!!

A reprimand is something you really really don't want. It's part of the points system that has many parts.
Attendance: Late = 1/2 point Call-in = 1pt.
3 points <90 days = Reprimand. and either 3 or 4 reprimands = termination.

You also get points for clocking violations (forgetting to clock out), but they don't count towards the attendance points.

Last you get Reprimands for job performance, which I think that would fall under.

They tell you a lot of the global guidelines and rules in traditions and I think that was one of them. When you get to your exact location they'll go over more rules.

I think I got that all right but I invite anyone else to correct me.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:53 PM   #7
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

My daughter's roommate just met Honey Boo Boo the other week! Roflmbo!

My DD met George Kalogridis not too long ago. He walked up to her while she was working at her resort and just started chatting with her asking her a bunch of questions. She had no idea who he was until he identified himself! Not exactly a celeb, but a pretty big person there!!! LOL!!!
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:00 PM   #8
Cicero10
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I just re-read my previous answer and it sounded like I was trying to lecture you, that wasn't what I was trying to do so sorry if that came out the wrong way!!

A reprimand is something you really really don't want. It's part of the points system that has many parts.
Attendance: Late = 1/2 point Call-in = 1pt.
3 points <90 days = Reprimand. and either 3 or 4 reprimands = termination.

You also get points for clocking violations (forgetting to clock out), but they don't count towards the attendance points.

Last you get Reprimands for job performance, which I think that would fall under.

They tell you a lot of the global guidelines and rules in traditions and I think that was one of them. When you get to your exact location they'll go over more rules.

I think I got that all right but I invite anyone else to correct me.
It didn't sound like that lol

When you say call in does that mean calling in sick? Do points go on your record? So after 90 days all points are wiped clean, new slate?
Old 02-18-2013, 11:13 PM   #9
leeg229
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It didn't sound like that lol

When you say call in does that mean calling in sick? Do points go on your record? So after 90 days all points are wiped clean, new slate?
Well when you call in for your shift they actually ask you if it's either personal or sick. No matter your answer it counts as a point. If you do call in for your shift though, you CANNOT use your blue id for ANY reason whatsoever. Not for discounts, not for fast passes, not for access to the parks. You can be termed for that.

The points do go on your record card and after 6 months the points no longer count against you, but they will still appear there if someone were to look you up.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:28 PM   #10
Cicero10
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Well when you call in for your shift they actually ask you if it's either personal or sick. No matter your answer it counts as a point. If you do call in for your shift though, you CANNOT use your blue id for ANY reason whatsoever. Not for discounts, not for fast passes, not for access to the parks. You can be termed for that.

The points do go on your record card and after 6 months the points no longer count against you, but they will still appear there if someone were to look you up.
You can't use the blue ID for as long as you miss work, right? And can't you call in for personal days to spend it with your family while using the ID card and discounts?
Old 02-18-2013, 11:31 PM   #11
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Quote:
You can't use the blue ID for as long as you miss work, right? And can't you call in for personal days to spend it with your family while using the ID card and discounts?
Honesty is the best policy.

If you were to call out for a personal day with family, just plan it in advance and communicate to your Manager(s) what your plans are. Request it off too.

Have a Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #12
leeg229
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes to the first, and no to the second. If you have to call in at all personal or sick you can't use your ID. If you wanted to go into the parks, which I wouldn't recommend, you'd have to buy a ticket and pay full price for everything. If you NEED a day off badly and it's too late to request it off you can ask a coworker to take your shift for you on the hub so that way you could use your ID no problem.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:50 PM   #13
Cicero10
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes to the first, and no to the second. If you have to call in at all personal or sick you can't use your ID. If you wanted to go into the parks, which I wouldn't recommend, you'd have to buy a ticket and pay full price for everything. If you NEED a day off badly and it's too late to request it off you can ask a coworker to take your shift for you on the hub so that way you could use your ID no problem.
Ohhhhhhhh ok. So I can take a few days off and get discounts if my family was in town, but I have to request it. Right? And requesting is the process of getting it approved by your managers, right?

I misunderstood. I was confusing requesting time off with calling in for time off. Do you get points for requesting time off?

Sorry with all of these questions btw

Last edited by Cicero10; 02-19-2013 at 12:00 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:59 PM   #14
Cicero10
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero10

Ohhhhhhhh ok. So I can take a few days off and get discounts if my family was in town, but I have to request it. Right? And requesting is the process of getting it approved by your managers, right?

I misunderstood. I was confusing requesting time off with calling in for time off. Do you get points for requesting time off?
Old 02-19-2013, 12:04 AM   #15
leeg229
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I think you've got it. If you know you'll have visitors you use the hub to request the appropriate time off. You do not get any points for requesting time off and you can still use your ID to get discounts and everything.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: