Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 03:45 PM   #1
SoonToBeMrs
Mouseketeer

Wedding hair and makeup

I've been looking around for a couple months now and I still can't decide on a hair and makeup company. There are just too many options. I will likely be the only one having hair or makeup done and I need someone that will come to my resort room as I won't be renting a car and really don't want to take a cab. Any suggestions?
Old 03-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #2
WittyAmb
Mouseketeer

I literally just booked Beaute Speciale for my wedding day. They come to your room for no extra cost since they go to Disney all the time. They came recommended by my photographers and a lot of the girls have good things to say about them on the boards. :-)

Good luck!
WittyAmb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #3
pixie921
DIS Veteran

I used Beaute Speciale and was extremely disappointed. It might have gone differently if I'd been able to do a hair trial before the day of our VR, so my advice is to schedule a trial with the person you want to hire before your wedding if at all possible to make sure you're both on the same page.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #4
SoonToBeMrs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie921
I used Beaute Speciale and was extremely disappointed. It might have gone differently if I'd been able to do a hair trial before the day of our VR, so my advice is to schedule a trial with the person you want to hire before your wedding if at all possible to make sure you're both on the same page.
This is what I'm most worried about. I live in Canada and don't have the money to go down just for a trial. I'm hoping I can find someone that has proven to work well from photo examples.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:13 PM   #5
WittyAmb
Mouseketeer

Maybe you can schedule a trial for a few days before the wedding? I know that doesn't totally help since it's best to book someone soon but might be better than no trial at all.

Also, do you have a hair dresser up there with who you can figure out what hairstyle you want? I have a guy that I've been a loyal customer with for 7 years now and he and I are going to figure out what style would be best and I'll bring the concept and pics to Florida with me. (I live in NYC)
WittyAmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #6
SoonToBeMrs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyAmb View Post
Maybe you can schedule a trial for a few days before the wedding? I know that doesn't totally help since it's best to book someone soon but might be better than no trial at all.

Also, do you have a hair dresser up there with who you can figure out what hairstyle you want? I have a guy that I've been a loyal customer with for 7 years now and he and I are going to figure out what style would be best and I'll bring the concept and pics to Florida with me. (I live in NYC)
Unfortunately we arrive the day before our wedding so i don't even have time to do a trial before hand. I'm pretty sure I know what I want style wise though. i have to similar pictures I will use as a guide. I'm not super picky normally, but it's my wedding and i want to look perfect. I think this is the most stressful part of the whole wedding planning process...
Old 03-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #7
Osjah&Landon'sMom
Yes that WAS my DD8 you saw at Walmart in the tutu, tiara and cowboy boots!

I am a hair and make up artist with 30+ years experience and would be happy to come to you. I've done several that way and actually just posted about getting on a list for suggested stylists for Disney Brides. Whether you use me or someone else, I would suggest knowing what you want before you get there. Look at pictures, on the internet or in magazines and bring them with you... convey ahead of time what you are looking for so that the stylist is prepared. If you want an updo or a braid she will need different things than if you want it loose and curly... feel free to PM me though if I can help, whether you hire me or not is not an issue... Just offering my expertise regardless.
Osjah&Landon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: