Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #3391
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it
 
afwdwfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 10,126

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
I don't think I've talked about moving to Florida. Yes, I'd be closer to WDW, but I'd also be closer to my in-laws.
Besides, why would I want to leave Wisconsin? Sconnies rule.

Maybe it was Bambi then, but I recall it being mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Or abandon your family with sharks...
What kind of parent would do such a thing??
afwdwfan is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 03:47 PM   #3392
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481
Unfortunately my smartphone is smatter than I am
All that fresh air over the years has done me good
 
wasnotafan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 3,399

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Just talked to the kid. She had a tryout with Seton Hall's Cross Country Coach and is now a walk-on for the team. She begins practicing with them next week. The NCAA clearing house paperwork needs be completed to make her eligible but that is a formality. Pretty proud of her.

So watch out Big East. Next Fall, the shiv carrying Pirate Princess will be gunning for you.
__________________
May/June 98 - All Star Music Calypso
July 03 - All Star Music Rock
Sept/Oct 05 - POP Century 50's
Sept/Oct 06 - POR Riverside Alligator Bayou
July 08 - POR Riverside Magnolia Bend
wasnotafan is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-25-2013, 04:16 PM   #3393
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,203

In helping oldest dd with her 5th grade math, we were reviewing trapezoids and I was trying to explain right angles. I ask her where her protractor is. She doesn't have one? So, I go to my desk and find my protractor from who knows when. I am the nerd champion of the day.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 04:36 PM   #3394
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 3,705

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
I'm trying to talk DW into going to one of the water parks during our October trip but I'm meeting fierce resistance. Her argument is the cost and the fact that Wisconsin Dells, the water park capital of the world, is a three hour drive away. I thought a day at the water park would be fun along with the chance to swim with the sharks. Anyone got some ammunition I can use in my counter attack?
We love the water parks. Typhoon is the favorite because of the swimming with the fishes but BB has the scariest water slide I have gone on. Worth the trip in my mind.

Plus you can say hello to one of this guy's cousins.
[/URL]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Brains and athletics? Are you sure she is your child? Seriously congrats. You have raised a terrific young lady and should be proud. I would have already hired a sky writer by now.
Thanks Norm and the rest of you guys. Not sure if she will be able to make the travel squad but I am happy that she took the leap to try out. She is excited and nervous at the same time.

As to her fatherhood, I have often wondered that. Threatened many a time to get a paternity test but then she does something stupid and I think, yea, that's my kid. Plus her sarcastic, smart a$$ personality makes me think she is my offspring.

A side note: She was calling me asking questions about the forms she needs to fill out for the NCAA. One of them was your parents' occupations. She rejected my suggestion of "Bookie."
cj9200 is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #3395
middlepat
Dis Dad Member #325
 
middlepat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Arlington Heights, IL
Posts: 1,760

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post

We love the water parks. Typhoon is the favorite because of the swimming with the fishes but BB has the scariest water slide I have gone on. Worth the trip in my mind.

Plus you can say hello to one of this guy's cousins.
[/URL]

Thanks Norm and the rest of you guys. Not sure if she will be able to make the travel squad but I am happy that she took the leap to try out. She is excited and nervous at the same time.

As to her fatherhood, I have often wondered that. Threatened many a time to get a paternity test but then she does something stupid and I think, yea, that's my kid. Plus her sarcastic, smart a$$ personality makes me think she is my offspring.

A side note: She was calling me asking questions about the forms she needs to fill out for the NCAA. One of them was your parents' occupations. She rejected my suggestion of "Bookie."
How about financier?
__________________

Me (41) DW (29+) DD (11) DD (10) DD (6)
Nov 01 ASMo, Sept 05 WL, Jan 07 POFQ, Nov 09 Poly May 13 Off-Site (Windsor Hills)
middlepat is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #3396
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly
 
RodBelding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mass.
Posts: 6,166

Anyone else going to watch the draft tonight?
__________________
_______________________________________________
Me (Paul) DW DD DS
RodBelding is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 07:17 PM   #3397
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality
 
Twin Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,311

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding
Anyone else going to watch the draft tonight?
I'm recording it and will watch it when everyone else goes to bed.
__________________
Me (Corey) DW DS (5) DD (5)
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Twin Dad is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #3398
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly
 
RodBelding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mass.
Posts: 6,166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
I'm recording it and will watch it when everyone else goes to bed.
At the risk of spoiling it, If you're big on OL and DL picks you're going to love it...



__________________
_______________________________________________
Me (Paul) DW DD DS
RodBelding is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 08:44 PM   #3399
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality
 
Twin Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,311

The kids are displaying their rock collections they got from the end of the block. It could be awhile before they go to bed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
In helping oldest dd with her 5th grade math, we were reviewing trapezoids and I was trying to explain right angles. I ask her where her protractor is. She doesn't have one? So, I go to my desk and find my protractor from who knows when. I am the nerd champion of the day.
The geek is strong in this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Just talked to the kid. She had a tryout with Seton Hall's Cross Country Coach and is now a walk-on for the team. She begins practicing with them next week. The NCAA clearing house paperwork needs be completed to make her eligible but that is a formality. Pretty proud of her.

So watch out Big East. Next Fall, the shiv carrying Pirate Princess will be gunning for you.
Well done Pirate Princess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
My wife and I grew up going to Wisconsin Dells. After 15 minutes in Typhoon Lagoon at Disney World, we looked at each other and decided that we'd never be able to go back to the Dells again.
I'll keep that in mind for the next battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
I don't think I've talked about moving to Florida. Yes, I'd be closer to WDW, but I'd also be closer to my in-laws.
Besides, why would I want to leave Wisconsin? Sconnies rule.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
We love the water parks. Typhoon is the favorite because of the swimming with the fishes but BB has the scariest water slide I have gone on. Worth the trip in my mind.

Plus you can say hello to one of this guy's cousins.
[/URL]

As to her fatherhood, I have often wondered that. Threatened many a time to get a paternity test but then she does something stupid and I think, yea, that's my kid. Plus her sarcastic, smart a$$ personality makes me think she is my offspring.

A side note: She was calling me asking questions about the forms she needs to fill out for the NCAA. One of them was your parents' occupations. She rejected my suggestion of "Bookie."
Thanks CJ. I see lemon sharks at the zoo and the thought of being in the water with is cool. The biggest thing we have around here are these.
__________________
Me (Corey) DW DS (5) DD (5)
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Twin Dad is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 09:28 PM   #3400
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality
 
Twin Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,311

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
At the risk of spoiling it, If you're big on OL and DL picks you're going to love it...



I'm through pick 7 and you were not kidding. I'm a big "build from the inside out" guy so I have no problem with the way things are going.
__________________
Me (Corey) DW DS (5) DD (5)
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Twin Dad is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 10:06 PM   #3401
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,767

Yesterday I took one of the mustangs out to go get some gas, it was louder then usual so I put it on the lift and found some blow out burn holes in the exhaust from running such a hot rich mixture, this is not uncommon I've had to fix this many times already, but I'm sick of fixing it, I think it's time to get a customized stainless steel exhaust system with flow master mufflers, something I most likely will never have to repair again, the regular pipes can't take all the heat, it will most likely be louder then it is already, but with flow masters it will be a really cool rumble, I'm afraid to see what this is going to cost, but it will be well worth it
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 10:39 PM   #3402
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality
 
Twin Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Yesterday I took one of the mustangs out to go get some gas, it was louder then usual so I put it on the lift and found some blow out burn holes in the exhaust from running such a hot rich mixture, this is not uncommon I've had to fix this many times already, but I'm sick of fixing it, I think it's time to get a customized stainless steel exhaust system with flow master mufflers, something I most likely will never have to repair again, the regular pipes can't take all the heat, it will most likely be louder then it is already, but with flow masters it will be a really cool rumble, I'm afraid to see what this is going to cost, but it will be well worth it
Enjoy. Hope its not too much.
__________________
Me (Corey) DW DS (5) DD (5)
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Twin Dad is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 10:48 PM   #3403
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality
 
Twin Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,311

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
A side note: She was calling me asking questions about the forms she needs to fill out for the NCAA. One of them was your parents' occupations. She rejected my suggestion of "Bookie."

I've had something similar. On forms that ask my job position I put dealer instead of blackjack dealer. Also got a fun email from preschool a few months ago. Apparently DD told her teacher that dad takes people's money. That was a fun one to explain.
__________________
Me (Corey) DW DS (5) DD (5)
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Twin Dad is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 10:59 PM   #3404
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,767

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post

I've had something similar. On forms that ask my job position I put dealer instead of blackjack dealer. Also got a fun email from preschool a few months ago. Apparently DD told her teacher that dad takes people's money. That was a fun one to explain.


I've found though that in a crowded bathroom a flush always beats a full house , And that would be the only exception to the rules
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 04-25-2013 at 11:15 PM.
Disney Commando is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 11:14 PM   #3405
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality
 
Twin Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post


I've found that in a bathroom a flush always beats a full house , And that is the only exception to the rule

Vikes with three picks in the first round. Now sign Urlacher for a year and they're set.
__________________
Me (Corey) DW DS (5) DD (5)
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Twin Dad is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, penguins, post padding, star wars



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.