Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #3376
middlepat
Dis Dad Member #325

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
11 years ago today... Right around this time of morning, I became a dad!!!

That's right, it's Bayley's birthday.

Tonight we are going to see THE WIZARD OF OZ. But she doesn't know yet, so if you run into her.... Shhhhhh....
Happy Birthday Bayley!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I put it on because all of the information overload on the screen annoys my DW.

I'm sure I'll watch. The Eagles have the #4 pick and given how the Phillies are playing, it's the only interesting sports event for the region I'll be able to see for the next several months.
At least you have the Flyers.... oops, no...... 76ers...... (couldn't keep a straight face on that one)...... At least the Phillies are not the Cubs...o, wait.....D'oh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Just thought I'd share the big news story out of Indianapolis this morning...

A semi went down an embankment and crashed into the side of a house while trying to miss an animal in the road on I-65 this morning. Nobody was hurt and they say the driver's story is legit, but there is one potentially tragic bit of news if they don't get his trailer unloaded quick enough.

Another semi and a meat inspector are on their way to the scene to try to salvage the 38,000 pounds of bacon that he was hauling.
Ummm... I think they meant 34,000 pounds, right Andy. <wink>

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
A band called Great Big Sea.
Awesome band. My favorite of their's was "The Night Pat Murphy Died". Primarily because one of my closest friends is named Pat Murphy and we always would remind him of how we would toast him if he ever passed on.

Me (41) DW (29+) DD (11) DD (10) DD (6)
Nov 01 ASMo, Sept 05 WL, Jan 07 POFQ, Nov 09 Poly May 13 Off-Site (Windsor Hills)
Old 04-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #3377
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Greetings from cold, rainy central Indiana

I love Spring I had my physical this morning and I asked the Doc about my allergies. He said the best cure would be to move somewhere warm. I'm considering that a prescription to move to WDW
Went to the Optometrist yesterday and got a similar response. He asked if I had allergies because he could see the pollen building up on my contacts. Rained on Tuesday and int he 60's and 70's so all the trees are releasing pollen right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Damn, looks like no discounts for anything late August....another roadblock to overcome.....
Booked ours, but still expecting to see something in May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
Hi Guys! Finished our second day at the parks and time to call it a night. Crowds are higher than last year at this time, but still getting everything done that we have planned. Have AK for tomorrow... dinner ressies at Rainforest Cafe. Never been there yet, so figured we would try it. hope everyone is doing well!

Side-note. I'm in Disney World and you haven't closed the thread yet???
Sounds like a great time. Have fun. The kids always enjoyed Rainforest Cafe, we have one a few miles from the house.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #3378
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasnotafan View Post
Back in the hollers of eastern KY. Made a trip north after the meetings to check on the "vacation home" and mow the lawn. It will be good to get the family back there soon.

No shivs at the Federal Prison Camp but I did catch a heck of a cold. SWMBO and DD are off on a mother-daughter retreat tomorrow and Saturday so DS and I will lay around and sleep and that may take care of the cold. If not at least I get to lay around and sleep.

Hope all of you allergy sufferers are improving.
Sounds like a plan is coming together!

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 10/4/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 04-25-2013, 02:06 PM   #3379
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
11 years ago today... Right around this time of morning, I became a dad!!!

That's right, it's Bayley's birthday.

Tonight we are going to see THE WIZARD OF OZ. But she doesn't know yet, so if you run into her.... Shhhhhh....
Happy Birthday Bailey!

Quote:
Let's just get a few of us to pool our money to get 80 shares and we'll take some steaks and tailgate outside before the meeting...
I'm in. And tailgate all football season so can certainly help make sure we do it right.

Quote:
Just thought I'd share the big news story out of Indianapolis this morning...

A semi went down an embankment and crashed into the side of a house while trying to miss an animal in the road on I-65 this morning. Nobody was hurt and they say the driver's story is legit, but there is one potentially tragic bit of news if they don't get his trailer unloaded quick enough.

Another semi and a meat inspector are on their way to the scene to try to salvage the 38,000 pounds of bacon that he was hauling.
Not the bacon! This never would never happen up here. The looters would already have stolen it all.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:06 PM   #3380
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepat View Post
Well, there's a reason that report isn't an even 40,000...
Old 04-25-2013, 02:06 PM   #3381
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

I'm trying to talk DW into going to one of the water parks during our October trip but I'm meeting fierce resistance. Her argument is the cost and the fact that Wisconsin Dells, the water park capital of the world, is a three hour drive away. I thought a day at the water park would be fun along with the chance to swim with the sharks. Anyone got some ammunition I can use in my counter attack?
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Old 04-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #3382
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
I'm trying to talk DW into going to one of the water parks during our October trip but I'm meeting fierce resistance. Her argument is the cost and the fact that Wisconsin Dells, the water park capital of the world, is a three hour drive away. I thought a day at the water park would be fun along with the chance to swim with the sharks. Anyone got some ammunition I can use in my counter attack?
1. Wisconsin Dells doesn't have any Disney themed water parks
2. You can't swim with sharks at Wisconsin Dells (that I know of anyway )
3. Wisconsin Dells is in Wisconsin... that voids any argument that you can use it as a substitute.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #3383
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasnotafan View Post
No shivs at the Federal Prison Camp but I did catch a heck of a cold. SWMBO and DD are off on a mother-daughter retreat tomorrow and Saturday so DS and I will lay around and sleep and that may take care of the cold. If not at least I get to lay around and sleep.

Hope all of you allergy sufferers are improving.
Germ warfare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Sounds like a great time. Have fun. The kids always enjoyed Rainforest Cafe, we have one a few miles from the house.
Closest one is Nashville for us. The dds really like it. We met up with Philip there the last time.

Quote:
Can't help you. We have Holiday World/ Splashin Safari about an hour away and it ranks in the top 5 water parks in the nation with the Disney ones. I would rather spend more time in the 4 theme parks than the water parks. Now, swimming with the sharks is appealing.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 04-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #3384
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Just talked to the kid. She had a tryout with Seton Hall's Cross Country Coach and is now a walk-on for the team. She begins practicing with them next week. The NCAA clearing house paperwork needs be completed to make her eligible but that is a formality. Pretty proud of her.

So watch out Big East. Next Fall, the shiv carrying Pirate Princess will be gunning for you.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #3385
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Just talked to the kid. She had a tryout with Seton Hall's Cross Country Coach and is now a walk-on for the team. She begins practicing with them next week. The NCAA clearing house paperwork needs be completed to make her eligible but that is a formality. Pretty proud of her.

So watch out Big East. Next Fall, the shiv carrying Pirate Princess will be gunning for you.
You have every right to be proud. Congrats to the Pirate Princess.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #3386
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
My wife and I grew up going to Wisconsin Dells. After 15 minutes in Typhoon Lagoon at Disney World, we looked at each other and decided that we'd never be able to go back to the Dells again.

Quote:
3. Wisconsin Dells is in Wisconsin... that voids any argument that you can use it as a substitute.
<---two fingers over from your thumbs. Both of them.

Quote:

Congrats! I bet if they actually let her carry a shiv during races, ESPN would start airing it and they could turn it into a revenue sport.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:53 PM   #3387
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
My wife and I grew up going to Wisconsin Dells. After 15 minutes in Typhoon Lagoon at Disney World, we looked at each other and decided that we'd never be able to go back to the Dells again.
And there's the winning argument.

Quote:
<---two fingers over from your thumbs. Both of them.

Wait a minute... you're always talking about wanting to move to Florida and now you're defending Wisconsin???
Old 04-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #3388
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Wait a minute... you're always talking about wanting to move to Florida and now you're defending Wisconsin???
I don't think I've talked about moving to Florida. Yes, I'd be closer to WDW, but I'd also be closer to my in-laws.
Besides, why would I want to leave Wisconsin? Sconnies rule.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #3389
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
At least you have the Flyers.... oops, no...... 76ers...... (couldn't keep a straight face on that one)...... At least the Phillies are not the Cubs...o, wait.....D'oh!
We got tickets to go to the Monday practice round of the U.S. Open at Merion near Philly. So there's that.

Quote:

Quote:
2. You can't swim with sharks at Wisconsin Dells (that I know of anyway )
Or abandon your family with sharks...

Quote:

(thumbs)

Quote:
Old 04-25-2013, 03:14 PM   #3390
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Thursday ownage.

Quote:

Brains and athletics? Are you sure she is your child? Seriously congrats. You have raised a terrific young lady and should be proud. I would have already hired a sky writer by now.

Quote:
I don't think I've talked about moving to Florida. Yes, I'd be closer to WDW, but I'd also be closer to my in-laws.
Besides, why would I want to leave Wisconsin? Sconnies rule.
I'm already close to my in-laws. I'll move with them if it means closer to WDW and out of pollen allergy KY.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion

Last edited by AirGoofy; 04-25-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, penguins, post padding, star wars

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: