Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Arts and Crafts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #1
bankgirl05
DIS Veteran

Cricut machine

I have the oppunity to buy a Cricut Expressions machine for $60, but I don't know the first thing about it.

The seller said she only used it 3 or 4 times. Is it worth it? What will I be able to use it for?
bankgirl05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #2
merimarie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankgirl05 View Post
I have the oppunity to buy a Cricut Expressions machine for $60, but I don't know the first thing about it.

The seller said she only used it 3 or 4 times. Is it worth it? What will I be able to use it for?
Is it the Expression 1 or 2? I have the 2...you have to get cartridges for it and they can add up pretty quickly (about $20-$50 each), but there are some really cool Disney ones. You can even get digital copies of some of the ones that are no longer available in stores. You can use it for all sorts of paper projects or even vinyl (that's what I primarily use mine for).

HOWEVER; If you really want to be able to do a lot with a machine, I would recommend saving up for a silhouette cameo. You can make your own designs on your computer, so you're not limited to what is on a cartridge, or buying a cartridge for only 1 or 2 of the designs. They even have an online shop where you can buy single designs as well for about $1 or 2 each. I bought one earlier this year and I have not touched my Cricut since! You can even get special blades for cutting fabric, which is something I want to try soon for some appliques! I've used it for cutting contact paper to make stencils for painting t-shirts, cutting vinyl for various projects, and even for some scrapbooking projects!

Either way, $60 for a Cricut is not bad at all!
merimarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:59 PM   #3
mssong85
Mouseketeer

Ask what version of software it runs on. If it is 2.3 or earlier you can use sure cuts a lot. Which pretty much allows you to cut anything!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: