Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Our 2 Year Old's Birthday Do Over Extravaganza *update 8/27*

This trip is almost 2 months old now since life got in the way and I've become such a slacker but here I am. I hope to remember everything that happened. Luckily I snapped tons of pictures so that should help! I'm looking forward to telling of this trip since our trip before this was a disaster.

To recap: We took our one year old DS to WDW in February of '12. He got a stomach flu the first park day and started vomiting everywhere. It was awful. We tried to stick it out but 4 days into our vacation DH and I both got it. DH wound up in the ER and I stayed at our resort with DS. I had a fever and vomiting. We decided to leave the next morning. That was the worst drive home from WDW ever and I had never been so happy to be home in my life.

With that being said, we decided around last July that we needed a do over trip to get that bad experience out of our minds. So we decided to go for DS's 2nd birthday this past December.

Dates: December 14th - 22nd 2012

Where we stayed: Pop Century

Let me go ahead and introduce myself for those of you just joining in (there's a PTR to go along with this TR if you're interested. Link in siggie). My name is Carla. I'm a 31 year old mother, wife and General Office Manager at my Dad's furniture company (in that order of importance) I love all things Disney but my absolute favorite Character is Stitch because he has an attitude but is not afraid to show his softer, more sentimental side like me. My favorite ride is IASW (yes, really!). My favorite park is EPCOT.

Then there's DH. His name is Chris. He's a 32 old Father, Husband and gov't worker. He also loves all things Disney but his favorite character is King John in Robin Hood. His favorite ride is TT and his favorite park is DHS.

And last but not least, the birthday boy DS, Alex. He turned 2 on the 17th of this trip. He also loves all things Disney but his favorite is "Mouse"! I'd have to say his favorite ride was probably.......Figment. His favorite park I think is EPCOT.

All three of those pictures are of us in the car ready to go! That's December 14th.

We were packed to the gills

If I remember correctly we hit the road at around 8 or 9am that Friday morning and we had great traffic and a great toddler along for the ride and great weather. We couldn't have asked for a better day driving down to our favorite place on earth.

We stopped and had some CFA for lunch and I let Alex get in the front seat with me so he could stretch his legs some. He had lots of fun and was just being so good and cute!

We made it to the GA/FL Boarder around 12:00pm and a nice gentelman was out there with his son offered to take our picture in front of the sign.

And then around 3-4pm we finally saw this

Last time Alex's reaction was sleeping but this time it was this!

He was super excited!

We finally arrived at our home for the next week

View from the room

Alex and I waiting for Daddy to bring up luggage

After we got all settled into our room we decided it was time for dinner so we headed down to the food court.

As we passed by that area we heard a little girl cough and Alex was at a phase then that when he heard someone cough he had to fake cough to mimic so when he heard that cough he did his fake cough and it was so cute and funny I couldn't help but crack up. I hope that little person coughing didn't think I was laughing at them

Waiting on Daddy to bring our food.

I didn't take any pictures of the food but I think Alex had mac n cheese, I had pizza (which Alex stole) and Chris had the chicken parm.

We decided after dinner to go to DTD for a little while and have some fun

Alex LOVED this fountain! I've dreamed for years about having a toddler of my own running around enjoying this fountain and finally it's a reality. It was such a joy for me to watch him have so much fun with it.

Continued in next post

Last edited by Leger13; 08-27-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Leger13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #2
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Then we went into AoA store and I took pictures of things we wanted but can't afford

Alex got a bit cranky around that time so we headed back to Pop.

Here's a picture of the outside of our building at night. I thought the laptop was pretty cool

When we got back to the room we had a message from the front desk saying someone had sent us some flowers. We were absolutely confused and weirded out thinking who they may be from. And shocked really! So Chris went down to the front desk to get them. Turned out to be a cute gift basket from my awesome TA Heather. Thanks Heather!

Up next: Day 2
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 10:14 AM   #3
betsywdw
DIS Veteran
Any old tag

Yay! So happy your started your trippie! Nice pic of the 3 of you at the Florida sign! Alex looks so cute at the fountains...so happy you can enjoy seeing him there too

Official Stylist of Disland

Last edited by betsywdw; 02-18-2013 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Can't believe I beat Kelly here!
betsywdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:07 AM   #4
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsywdw View Post
Yay! So happy your started your trippie! Nice pic of the 3 of you at the Florida sign! Alex looks so cute at the fountains...so happy you can enjoy seeing him there too
Thanks Betsy It was really nice to see him enjoy the fountain after spending many years seeing other kids out there playing in it dreaming someday mine would be able to enjoy it too. He really did love it
Old 02-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #5
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

So excited you started!!

Glad the trip down went well and love all the pics of course

Trent used to love playing in those fountains. I am glad you were able to experience it with Alex now.

Last edited by Trentmom; 02-18-2013 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Darn you Betsy :P J/K :):)
Trentmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #6
cherbear
DIS Veteran

wow, you really were packed to the gills!!

So awesome you had such a smooth and easy drive down!

How totally sweet of Heather to send the basket! Are you going to show us everything in it? Inquiring minds want to know!

I can't wait to read more....

WDW in July with a baby?? Am I crazy?!

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:28 AM   #7
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Oh my gosh, so excited that you finally started!!

I'm glad Alex did so well on the drive down. I'm hoping for the same luck when we try our hand at a road trip with Paxton to Tennessee in April. Fingers crossed! That picture of him as you arrived is so darn cute! As for those fountains in DTD, I think we might have a hard time keeping Paxton away from them come our next trip. Same for the Casey Jr. splash area in Storybook Circus...he mostly ignored it this last trip, but I don't know if our luck in that area will hold up as he gets older and more aware!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014
khertz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:51 AM   #8
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
So excited you started!!

Glad the trip down went well and love all the pics of course

Trent used to love playing in those fountains. I am glad you were able to experience it with Alex now.

Long time coming haha

Thanks!

Thank you a bunch. Me too! It was lots of fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbear View Post
wow, you really were packed to the gills!!

So awesome you had such a smooth and easy drive down!

How totally sweet of Heather to send the basket! Are you going to show us everything in it? Inquiring minds want to know!

I can't wait to read more....
haha yeah we were. I'm so glad we had the CRV instead of the Accord. We never would have fit everything in the Accord

We are blessed with a good traveler

Oh I didn't take any pictures of what was inside. Whoops! There was Mickey shaped pretzles that Alex loved! Some other candy and a balloon. It was really cute and nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Oh my gosh, so excited that you finally started!!

I'm glad Alex did so well on the drive down. I'm hoping for the same luck when we try our hand at a road trip with Paxton to Tennessee in April. Fingers crossed! That picture of him as you arrived is so darn cute! As for those fountains in DTD, I think we might have a hard time keeping Paxton away from them come our next trip. Same for the Casey Jr. splash area in Storybook Circus...he mostly ignored it this last trip, but I don't know if our luck in that area will hold up as he gets older and more aware!
Haha IKR?? Now I need to go catch up on your TR.

Thank you! I hope that Paxton does well for you. I think what helps is that we load the iPad up with Disney movies and Loony Toons and apps for him and he plays with that or sleeps most of the time. So I highly recommend the iPad distraction if you have the means. I'm surprised Paxton didn't notice the fountains at DTD or Casey Jr! Alex stayed out of the water but he walked through. I think the only part of him that got wet was his shoes. Alex was asleep when we went through the Casey Jr area.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:00 PM   #9
cbcrockett
Mouseketeer

Yay! So glad for a good trip down and a happy traveller! Life is SO much better with those

Can't wait for the rest of your TR!

"Hey Look, It's a Goat!" Baby's First Trip to WDW/Little Sister's Grad Trip! - A June 2012 TR
Planning Baby's First Trip to WDW - A Pre-Trip Report

1996 - Caribbean Beach Resort 2000 - Grand Floridian April 2009 - Fort Wilderness (first trip to WDW together!) October 2009 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (with my mom, stepdad & lil' sis) June 2012 - Offsite First WDW trip for baby Hannah!
cbcrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #10
Crystal824
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear more about your trip. Sorry, the prior trip was a bust but I hope this trip was better.
Crystal824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #11
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Alex is so cute!! Smiling around his paci. Kody used to do that. Sigh.

A side note Kody used a paci until she was nearly three years old. She is the the only one that hasn't had to have braces.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:23 AM   #12
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcrockett View Post
Yay! So glad for a good trip down and a happy traveller! Life is SO much better with those

Can't wait for the rest of your TR!
You've got that right! We are blessed with a good traveler.

I'm going to try to have day 2 up today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal824 View Post
Can't wait to hear more about your trip. Sorry, the prior trip was a bust but I hope this trip was better.
Thanks for joining in! It really was much better this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Alex is so cute!! Smiling around his paci. Kody used to do that. Sigh.

A side note Kody used a paci until she was nearly three years old. She is the the only one that hasn't had to have braces.
Thanks Chele. That's so strange that Kody is the one that used the paci the longest and didn't need braces. I really don't think the paci has anything to do with that but the "professionals" like to make us parents feel like crap if we don't take it away by the age of 1. It's so frustrating! Alex doesn't really have his throughout the day any more. It's more for sleeping.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:53 PM   #13
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leger13 View Post
You've got that right! We are blessed with a good traveler.

I'm going to try to have day 2 up today

Thanks for joining in! It really was much better this trip.

Thanks Chele. That's so strange that Kody is the one that used the paci the longest and didn't need braces. I really don't think the paci has anything to do with that but the "professionals" like to make us parents feel like crap if we don't take it away by the age of 1. It's so frustrating! Alex doesn't really have his throughout the day any more. It's more for sleeping.

Also I think that frankly they need them sometimes. Like they are stressing or such. Kody has social anxiety now and I can't help but think that she used hers to cope with that when she was little.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:27 AM   #14
DisneyElite4
Mouseketeer

Following along! I hope this trip was much better than the first one! We are taking our DS at the same age you took Alex for the first time - we're hoping we don't run into any sickness on our trip.

August 2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ October 2006: Beach Club ~ November 2006: Walt Disney World Swan Hotel ~ February 2007: Boardwalk Resort ~ March 2007: Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ April 2007: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ August 2007: Old Key West Resort ~ September 2007: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ February 2008: All Star Movies ~ March 2008: Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ April 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ July 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ November 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter ~ April 2009: Port Orleans French Quarter ~ June 2009: Disney Wedding/Grand Floridian Resort ~ March 2010: Pop Century Resort ~ August 2010: Royal Pacific Resort ~ October 2010: Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village ~ June 2011: Grand Californian Resort ~ October 2011: Old Key West Resort ~ December 2013: Wilderness Lodge Villas
DisneyElite4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:41 AM   #15
cherbear
DIS Veteran

WDW in July with a baby?? Am I crazy?!

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: