Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #31
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Princesses who have done this race in the past -- what is your opinion on the race retreat?? Is it worth the extra money?

I am thinking "yes" to pasta in the park.

Probable "yes" to 5K, but if so, is the breakfast following that worth the money?

Registration needs to hurry up and get here -- but I am guessing it will be like the other races, about 8-ish months out
Old 02-24-2013, 10:19 PM   #32
sillylily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danhockey04
I am planning on doing it, I think I'm going to be Ariel this time. Purple sports bra with shells, and gotta design the tail.
Your Rapunzel outfit was spectacular, can't wait to see the LM!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 10:50 PM   #33
Honeymooner04
DIS Veteran

Seeing all the pictures on Facebook and the disboards have me so excited to do this race next year! I have restarted couch to 5k (I don't think I have gone on a run since I ran the princess in 2012 so needless to say I am out of shape). I'm going to ramp up my Grace Adele business in order to have the money to go (I have a hard time convincing my husband sometimes to spend this kind of money on just me). And I'm going to go through all of our "junk" and sell it on craigslist or eBay to add to my race fund (I'm gonna need some cute running clothes and some new running shoes).

Moral of the story: I am GOING TO DO THIS RACE!!!!! I'm not going to let being out of shape or no extra money stop me from crossing that finish line!!!!
Old 02-24-2013, 11:02 PM   #34
lifeasmum
Earning My Ears

Me, me, me, me, me!!

I'm so excited about PHM '14. I've been waiting for the new thread for a few weeks now (I felt kind of awkward stalking this years thread all these months).

I'm Christy, and this will be my first RunDisney race. I started running 5K's about 3 years ago, tapered off and quit as a new mom, and then started back with gusto late last year. I'm signed up for a 5K on Saturday, another 5K in March and I plan to add a 10K in August so that I'll have a time to submit with registration for the Princess. I'm going to try to do our local 10 mile Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day, to give me the confidence to know that I can do 13.1 miles. I've always struggled with distance, so this race is going to be a huge goal for me. Can't wait to get to know my fellow runners on the thread. Hopefully I'll find a few other solo princesses before the big day next year!
Old 02-24-2013, 11:24 PM   #35
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeymooner04 View Post
Seeing all the pictures on Facebook and the disboards have me so excited to do this race next year! I have restarted couch to 5k (I don't think I have gone on a run since I ran the princess in 2012 so needless to say I am out of shape). I'm going to ramp up my Grace Adele business in order to have the money to go (I have a hard time convincing my husband sometimes to spend this kind of money on just me). And I'm going to go through all of our "junk" and sell it on craigslist or eBay to add to my race fund (I'm gonna need some cute running clothes and some new running shoes).

Moral of the story: I am GOING TO DO THIS RACE!!!!! I'm not going to let being out of shape or no extra money stop me from crossing that finish line!!!!
I know what you mean! I have been seeing pictures on FB & reading tweets all day from runners this morning and hearing about PHM weekend. Cant wait until next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeasmum View Post
Me, me, me, me, me!!

I'm so excited about PHM '14. I've been waiting for the new thread for a few weeks now (I felt kind of awkward stalking this years thread all these months).

I'm Christy, and this will be my first RunDisney race. I started running 5K's about 3 years ago, tapered off and quit as a new mom, and then started back with gusto late last year. I'm signed up for a 5K on Saturday, another 5K in March and I plan to add a 10K in August so that I'll have a time to submit with registration for the Princess. I'm going to try to do our local 10 mile Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day, to give me the confidence to know that I can do 13.1 miles. I've always struggled with distance, so this race is going to be a huge goal for me. Can't wait to get to know my fellow runners on the thread. Hopefully I'll find a few other solo princesses before the big day next year!
Welcome!! I will be running this race solo too
Old 02-25-2013, 12:46 AM   #36
lisachrystine
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone

I'm trying to talk my friend into the 2014 PHM with me after looking at this year's pictures. It looks like so much fun!

We are not runners, so still trying to decide if this is actually possible. It is a year away, after all... Her words were "you are crazy, but I guess if there were ever a half marathon for us to do it would have to be a Disney one " So, there you have it - the seed has been planted.

Now, to convince DH that the girls running off to WDW is a good idea.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:49 AM   #37
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Me, me, me, me, me!!

Christy, I have been stalking for months as well! You are not alone!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #38
lifeasmum
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Welcome!! I will be running this race solo too
I would love to see a meet up happen for solo runners this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Christy, I have been stalking for months as well! You are not alone!
That makes me feel better! It feels so good to be able to participate in conversation this time around!

I've read some not so stellar race reports from this year's Princess. I'm kind of hoping that they will scale back the general chaos a little bit, because it seems like they've lost some of the Disney magic the past few years. I really hope that next year is all that I imagine it to be. This will be our first family trip to WDW, and I'm so looking forward to sharing the experience with my two sweet boys. Our three year old has special needs, and one of the reasons I started running again was to give him an example to never, ever give up. I can't wait until he sees me finish.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:32 PM   #39
Never to old
DIS Veteran

I am planning on doing the PHM. I am hoping that my friend will walk with me. I am currently working on getting my pace faster so that I have time for the important things like pictures and potty breaks. I joined moon joggers as part of my training plan. So far I have completed 159 miles of my 1000 mile commitment. In 41 days I will be doing my first practice half at Atlantic City. I might try another one in the fall. Vicki
Polynesian 2008, Carribean Beach 2010, 2011, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2010, Dream (March 2011), Wilderness Lodge, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween and Food/Wine Festival 2011, Magic-NY to Canada June 2012, Fantasy-Eastern Caribbean August 2012, Wonder-Alaska July/Aug 2013, Dream- Bahamas September 2013.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:53 PM   #40
dewingedpixie
Mouseketeer

I'll be running it with one of my bridesmaids. We will have custom shirts. I'm going to get a white running skirt and possibly bird cage veil too .

Old 02-25-2013, 10:17 PM   #41
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would love to see a meet up happen for solo runners this year!

That would be great! I would love to have a meet up for the solo runners too!

I've read some not so stellar race reports from this year's Princess. I'm kind of hoping that they will scale back the general chaos a little bit.

I hope so too...if nothing else, I hope they really listen to the feedback the runners are giving and make the necessary adjustments.

This will be our first family trip to WDW, and I'm so looking forward to sharing the experience with my two sweet boys. Our three year old has special needs, and one of the reasons I started running again was to give him an example to never, ever give up. I can't wait until he sees me finish.
How exciting, a first family trip to WDW! I am a mom of 4 kids and I think your reason for running is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never to old View Post
I am planning on doing the PHM. I am hoping that my friend will walk with me. I am currently working on getting my pace faster so that I have time for the important things like pictures and potty breaks. I joined moon joggers as part of my training plan. So far I have completed 159 miles of my 1000 mile commitment. In 41 days I will be doing my first practice half at Atlantic City. I might try another one in the fall. Vicki
I am hoping by doing the 5K that I can get some of the pictures out of the way and not feel the need to stop for "as many" on 1/2 marathon day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewingedpixie View Post
I'll be running it with one of my bridesmaids. We will have custom shirts. I'm going to get a white running skirt and possibly bird cage veil too .
What a fun bonding experience with your bridesmaid! And I think the idea of a white running skirt & bird cage veil is super cute!!
Old 02-26-2013, 05:34 AM   #42
CruiseBoundnKY
DIS Veteran

I'm in!!!! It will be me, dd and dsil.

I just did the 5K this past weekend at Disney to get one runDisney event under my belt.

A few ideas I have are to pack comfort things from home so that u get lots of good sleep. I brought my pillow and soft castle blanky.

Training runs in the middle of the night are a must. Trying to convince myself at 4am that I had to eat and drink was hard!!!

I cannot wait! I changed the name of my blog so that I can document the process.

I am a walk/runner. My PR for a mile is 14:43 but I'm more consistently a 16 min mile pace. I will be busting my butt improving on that for the next year.

If anyone has any questions for someone who has been to Princess weekend I'd be glad to try to answer. I only competed in the 5K but I spent lots of time at the expo.

Glad to be a part of this group!!!
Pop Century March 31 - April 7, 2012 Disney Dream Nov. 27 - Dec. 2; AKV Dec. 2 - 5 Dec. 5 - 8, 2010 Pop Century Nov. 28, - Dec. 6, 2009 Pop Century October 25, 2008 Disney Magic "Halloween on the High Seas" Alternate Western Double Dip May 5-12 2007 Disney Magic "Cinco Dis Mayo" Western Cruise May 2-4 2007 Disney ASMo May 2005 7-Days Sheraton Vistana Resorts Summer 1996 5-Days Can't remember where we stayed
Old 02-26-2013, 05:51 AM   #43
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran

I had to miss out this year but I'm crossing my fingers to be able to work out a trip for next year

I'm signed up for a HM in Thailand in June. I'm kind of excited, but also afraid, to see what my "real" HM time is - without any character stops!!
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 for runGKTW! - training for DLH '14 for SOSC!

Old 02-26-2013, 05:54 AM   #44
dewingedpixie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post

What a fun bonding experience with your bridesmaid! And I think the idea of a white running skirt & bird cage veil is super cute!!
When I say run thats partially where the shirts come in LOL. Mine will say "Coast to Coast to the Altar" on the back with "Disney Bride" on the front. Hers will say "Have you seen the Bride? Chasing the Bride to the Altar!" and "Disney Bridesmaid". My pace is about 1:30 to 2:00 faster than her per mile. I will wait for her to finish though. We've done several races like this. I finish and wait .

Old 02-26-2013, 05:56 AM   #45
Never to old
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseBoundnKY
I'm in!!!! It will be me, dd and dsil.

I just did the 5K this past weekend at Disney to get one runDisney event under my belt.

A few ideas I have are to pack comfort things from home so that u get lots of good sleep. I brought my pillow and soft castle blanky.

Training runs in the middle of the night are a must. Trying to convince myself at 4am that I had to eat and drink was hard!!!

I cannot wait! I changed the name of my blog so that I can document the process.

I am a walk/runner. My PR for a mile is 14:43 but I'm more consistently a 16 min mile pace. I will be busting my butt improving on that for the next year.

If anyone has any questions for someone who has been to Princess weekend I'd be glad to try to answer. I only competed in the 5K but I spent lots of time at the expo.

Glad to be a part of this group!!!
I am trying really hard to do a walk/run. Yesterday I did a mile using 30 sec intervals. First mile was a PR at 14.30. I walked the second mile at 15.36. I am working on increasing pace as well as increasing distance with a faster pace. I would also like to do the 5k at a snails pace so I don't mess up my chances of completing the half. I really want to finish it. This race is my reward for losing weight. I keep telling everyone what my motivators are. I want my fireworks. I want to run through the castle. I wnt to hear the trumpets. I want to hear the choir sing. And I want my medal! I deserve a medal for losing weight. So far I am down 26 pounds. Of course I reward myself along the way. Every 10 pounds down I get a bead for my bracelet. I am trying to get Minnie for Mickey, but these 4 pounds have been stubborn ones.
Polynesian 2008, Carribean Beach 2010, 2011, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2010, Dream (March 2011), Wilderness Lodge, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween and Food/Wine Festival 2011, Magic-NY to Canada June 2012, Fantasy-Eastern Caribbean August 2012, Wonder-Alaska July/Aug 2013, Dream- Bahamas September 2013.
Closed Thread

Tags
princess

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: