DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 07:34 AM   #1
tgropp
DIS Veteran

Linking Reservations

Three years ago I had VWL reservations for Dec 19-'th thru 25'th at VWL and since I did not have enough VWL points for the 25'th I booked BCV for that date. At the seven month window I got to waitlist the BCV ressie to the VWL. This is when things went bad as they had a new system at the time and room keys were cancelled, dining plan had expired meals etc.... I still read reports on how linked reservations are being screwed up at VWL to this date. All was worked out for us in the end but fast forward to this year.
I had booked rooms ( 2BR) from Dec 21'th thru Dec 26'th at VWL but did not have enough points for Dec 19'th and 20'th so I have rented some and thought that I would link them. I then tried to get airline tickets using reward miles for the 19'th and they were not available so I booked them for the 18'th. I then booked VWL for 1 night on the 18'th.

So as it stands I have a reservation# for the 18'th for 1 night, a res# for the 19'th and 20'th and another res# for the next 5 nights. I am starting to think the worst but trust that they will be able to not mess it up. A few quick questions:

I will need the party that I rented points from to get on a 3 way call to member services to link the reservation that he made. How do I do that? Do I phone member services up and then we call him?

I would like to add the meal plan. Does the person that I rented the points from have to add the DP and pay for it for those two nights or once the reservations are all linked, can I do it myself. Just trying to save another 3 way call with the gentlemen that I rented points from.

Thanks for any help!
Feb 2012: DCL Mexican Riviera Cruise Dec 2011: VWL/BCV
Christmas 2010: VWL
Nov 2009: BC Villas Dec 2008: VWL/AKV/ Dolphin
Dec 2007: BWV/VWL Feb 2007: Dolphin/DCL Eastern cruise/OKW/VWL
Christmas/New Years 2005: WL/Dolphin
Dec 2002: AKL/WL
Christmas/New years 2000: BC/WL Christmas/New Years 1998: WL/BC
Christmas 1996:WL Junior Suite Christmas 1994: WL
Dec 1992:CBR Dec1989, April 1983, Jan 1980: OffSite
tgropp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #2
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgropp View Post
.....(snip)........So as it stands I have a reservation# for the 18'th for 1 night, a res# for the 19'th and 20'th and another res# for the next 5 nights. I am starting to think the worst but trust that they will be able to not mess it up. A few quick questions:

I will need the party that I rented points from to get on a 3 way call to member services to link the reservation that he made. How do I do that? Do I phone member services up and then we call him?.....
I think I would do this by email. In the message, ask to have the reservations combined into one continuous reservation and provide all the pertinent information. Mention that you will be forwarding the email to the other party so that he can also make the same request. (MS will want to hear from both of you). Then forward the email to the other party and ask that he make the same request & reference you email attached adn then send it to MS. Hopefully you will both get a confirming reply with the "new" reservation number. But at least one of you should and he/she can forward it to the other person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgropp View Post
.....I would like to add the meal plan. Does the person that I rented the points from have to add the DP and pay for it for those two nights or once the reservations are all linked, can I do it myself. Just trying to save another 3 way call with the gentlemen that I rented points from.

Thanks for any help!
Not sure. Since your trip is so far away, why not wait until after the reservation is combined and then try to do it yourself? If it doesn't work (I think it will), then you can call the other person and get it done that way.

Good luck!

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 08:31 AM   #3
com_op_2000
DVC Member since '93

I have called the other member, then we conferenced in MS, both of us confirmed ourselves with MS, and then we had the "Travel with" notation put on both reservations.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:40 AM   #4
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolMN

I think I would do this by email. In the message, ask to have the reservations combined into one continuous reservation and provide all the pertinent information. Mention that you will be forwarding the email to the other party so that he can also make the same request. (MS will want to hear from both of you). Then forward the email to the other party and ask that he make the same request & reference you email attached adn then send it to MS. Hopefully you will both get a confirming reply with the "new" reservation number. But at least one of you should and he/she can forward it to the other person.

Not sure. Since your trip is so far away, why not wait until after the reservation is combined and then try to do it yourself? If it doesn't work (I think it will), then you can call the other person and get it done that way.

Good luck!
Since the reservations are on two different memberships, I don't think they can be combined into one travel plan...OP..I think you are going to have to do the three way call with MS, but they should be able to do the "traveling with" notation and add the dining plan during the same call as the other owner would just have to authorize that it can be added.

Good luck!

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: