DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 08:14 AM   #31
a742246
older than dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY View Post
This is a free country so I can change my mind as many times as I like until I decide what to do with MY money. If a broker doesn't want to take me serious, that is fine by me. I will just take my business elsewhere.
I have grown sons and daughters your age. I would tell them to change the attitude and I am not talking DVC membership here. In life, treat people the way you want to be treated, it will go a long way in achieving your goals.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:54 AM   #32
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by a742246 View Post
I have grown sons and daughters your age. I would tell them to change the attitude and I am not talking DVC membership here. In life, treat people the way you want to be treated, it will go a long way in achieving your goals.
I did not give an attitude. I stated a fact. And my response was a reply to their comments. I do treat people very well. I am actually extremely nice. And my friends would describe me as one of the nicest people they know. But you would not know this because you do not know me. This is a message boards. You cannot tell my tone. You perceive comments how you choose to read them. But thank you for the advice regardless.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 09:19 AM   #33
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
Take a second to read this back. I'm not sure you are aware of how you are coming across when you say things like this.

You should feel free to spend your money wherever you see fit. I just think it might spend a little easier if it didn't have attitude attached to it.
I did not give an attitude. That is how you perceived my comment by the way that you read it. Perhaps I should describe my tone as I would have said my comment had this been a conversation and not a message boards. (tone is soft as I have a girl's voice and am often mistaken for a child but am speaking in a manner as to state a fact and slowly to get my point across. There is no attitude.) "This is a free country so I can change my mind as many times as I like until I decide what to do with MY money. If a broker doesn't want to take me serious, that is fine by me. I will just take my business elsewhere."

I am very friendly to the brokers and have apologized numerous times if I have annoyed them. And even ask them if it is okay by them before I cancel an offer. I haven't cancelled any more offers as DH and I have found what we resort we want and how many points we would like. We have been sticking to one offer at a time now until it either gets accepted or rejected. All of our offers have been rejected or outbid. We have one offer in but it will take time before we hear back as it is through an attorney in California. If it does get accepted, it is an awesome deal and hopefully it passes ROFR.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #34
lodge
DIS Veteran

Did anyone hear about the ex that had to pay full price cash reservations for their stay at a Disney resort?!?!

I think that was an attempt to get people to lighten up!!

Last edited by lodge; 02-19-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:45 AM   #35
a742246
older than dirt

We just want to help you. For many of us the brokers are our friends and we will stick by them if we see something is not right. You probably are a nice person, but it was the way you wrote your events that ecked us.

Anyway, I know you are excited about your DVC and we all are happy for you. I hope your contract comes though, and I hope to read a trip report from you in the future. Good luck!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #36
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by a742246 View Post
We just want to help you. For many of us the brokers are our friends and we will stick by them if we see something is not right. You probably are a nice person, but it was the way you wrote your events that ecked us.

Anyway, I know you are excited about your DVC and we all are happy for you. I hope your contract comes though, and I hope to read a trihp report from you in the future. Good luck!
I have pledged a sorority before. The way some of you DVC owners comment on non owners posts is similiar to how a sister would treat a pledge. I understand your pride. However, you weren't always an owner. I do not feel as though your comments are helpful but rather that of someone who feels superiority. And just so you know, brokers are not your friends. You are their client and they will treat you special since you let them into your wallet often.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:58 AM   #37
a742246
older than dirt

Anyway, I know you are excited about your DVC , and we are all happy for you. I hope your contract comes through, and I wish you the best of luck.
If you have any questions or need help feel free to ask.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #38
heynowirv
DIS Veteran

Now look who's calling the kettle black! Just remember you reap what you sow. As much as you say you don't have an attitude it rings LOUD and CLEAR.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #39
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you for your post. I was feeling kinda bad after having spoken to the broker. I have thought about telling her that her attitude is a bit unprofessional. DH is in sales and my SIL is a real estate agent. They deal with people changing their minds all of the time and/or wanting to see a house or sit down and discuss their financial options without the end result being a sale. However, they treat every client the same as to never burn a bridge. I like the broker's co-worker much better as she had the patience to deal with me and if she was annoyed with me, she never let on about it. I wish she had answered the phone or returned my call before I made the offer with miss attitude. But I will write a letter or email when all is said and done to put her in her place
Quote:
I did not give an attitude. That is how you perceived my comment by the way that you read it. Perhaps I should describe my tone as I would have said my comment had this been a conversation and not a message boards. (tone is soft as I have a girl's voice and am often mistaken for a child but am speaking in a manner as to state a fact and slowly to get my point across. There is no attitude.) "This is a free country so I can change my mind as many times as I like until I decide what to do with MY money. If a broker doesn't want to take me serious, that is fine by me. I will just take my business elsewhere."

I am very friendly to the brokers and have apologized numerous times if I have annoyed them. And even ask them if it is okay by them before I cancel an offer. I haven't cancelled any more offers as DH and I have found what we resort we want and how many points we would like. We have been sticking to one offer at a time now until it either gets accepted or rejected. All of our offers have been rejected or outbid. We have one offer in but it will take time before we hear back as it is through an attorney in California. If it does get accepted, it is an awesome deal and hopefully it passes ROFR.
My mistake, I apologize for misunderstanding.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #40
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My mistake, I apologize for misunderstanding.
LOL I also stated that I had changed my mind about her since she was nicer to me on my second phone call with her. DH is in sales and when I told him what she said to me, he told me it was unprofessional. He has many clients that change and/or cancel appointments and/or change their minds and cancel their policies or want to review the policy several times over before they make up their minds. However, he treats each one as a preferred client as that is the best way to keep old clients, make new clients and gain referrals. The indecisive buyer may one day surprise the salesman by earning them a surplus of commissions. And that is how sales persons should view every client. Example, my sister sells newspaper subscriptions and so does her boyfriend. She will not approach individuals who do not have teeth, are poorly dressed, etc. as she feels these individuals could not afford the paper. However, her boyfriend proved her wrong by signing up these individuals that she passed up. And he wound up with more sales that day. Case in point, you treat all potential buyers the same no matter how different or difficult they are.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:27 PM   #41
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heynowirv View Post
Now look who's calling the kettle black! Just remember you reap what you sow. As much as you say you don't have an attitude it rings LOUD and CLEAR.
That is your perception. Believe me if I were giving an attitude, my comments would have been a lot different. As I am fierce
Old 02-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #42
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOL I also stated that I had changed my mind about her since she was nicer to me on my second phone call with her. DH is in sales and when I told him what she said to me, he told me it was unprofessional. He has many clients that change and/or cancel appointments and/or change their minds and cancel their policies or want to review the policy several times over before they make up their minds. However, he treats each one as a preferred client as that is the best way to keep old clients, make new clients and gain referrals. The indecisive buyer may one day surprise the salesman by earning them a surplus of commissions. And that is how sales persons should view every client. Example, my sister sells newspaper subscriptions and so does her boyfriend. She will not approach individuals who do not have teeth, are poorly dressed, etc. as she feels these individuals could not afford the paper. However, her boyfriend proved her wrong by signing up these individuals that she passed up. And he wound up with more sales that day. Case in point, you treat all potential buyers the same no matter how different or difficult they are.
Quote:
That is your perception. Believe me if I were giving an attitude, my comments would have been a lot different. As I am fierce
I'm not even going to bother arguing. You could call it a misunderstanding if one person thought you were being rude to the brokers, but an entire group of people who have been through the process many times? Sure. Total misunderstanding by all of us.

Also, there's a button to the right of the quote button, it's the multi-quote. You can quote more than one post at a time that way.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Old 02-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #43
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well I think the one thing we can agree on is that you should treat all people with kindness, regardless of their stature in life (or what they may or may not be able to do for you). I think where we have disagreed is whether or not the broker asking if you intended to withdraw your offer qualified as treating you poorly. You clearly think it does, and others don't. Agree to disagree I suppose.

But bigger picture...your posts tend to come off as both aggressive and defensive (not an easy task). I will take you at your word that you are not intending for this to happen. That being said, you might want to consider that a number of posters have expressed this sentiment, so there might be something to it, regardless of intent.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #44
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well I think the one thing we can agree on is that you should treat all people with kindness, regardless of their stature in life (or what they may or may not be able to do for you). I think where we have disagreed is whether or not the broker asking if you intended to withdraw your offer qualified as treating you poorly. You clearly think it does, and others don't. Agree to disagree I suppose.

But bigger picture...your posts tend to come off as both aggressive and defensive (not an easy task). I will take you at your word that you are not intending for this to happen. That being said, you might want to consider that a number of posters have expressed this sentiment, so there might be something to it, regardless of intent.
You weren't on the phone with her and so you do not know her tone nor what she said to me in that conversation. However, it was clear that I was a hassle to her. And coming from a family full of salespersons, that is unprofessional. As no matter how much a potential client annoys you, you do not let it on that they do. But either way it does not matter as this is no longer an issue.

Your posts come off as aggressive and full of assumptions. But I don't know you so maybe that is just your personality. So I won't judge.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #45
lodge
DIS Veteran

Some others have varying viewpoints that they choose not to post, in order to not perpetuate the argumentative nature a thread can take on.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: