DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 07:46 AM   #1
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyFansInLINY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,017

I have contract ADD lol

So originally I was going to take a break from looking into buying DVC over the period of Lent to figure out what contract would be best for us as I have contract ADD lol. But I am too addicted to these boards and to the resale websites. First it was how many points we needed going from 300 to 100 and then to 150. Then it was which property going from OKW to BWV to AKV and now to SSR. And now my problem is that I keep putting in offers and then if a day or so passes without hearing back on my offer, I lose interest in the contract and find another contract I like better. So I call up the realtor and cancel my other offer to put in a new offer for a different contract. She has noticed my ADD lol. Anyway, it has been about 1.5 days and I didn't hear back on my other offer and I realize it will take longer than expected as it is a bankruptcy thing going through a lawyer. So naturally with my ADD, I cannot wait that long and then I noticed something I like better. The other contract is stripped but this was is fully loaded. I am realizing I like fully loaded better than stripped. And as for use years, I have went through every month lol.
DisneyFansInLINY is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 08:22 AM   #2
Sur
Love the Dis
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 713

You've got it BAD! I remember you saying you gave up for Lent.

Totally addicted! (So am I).
Sur is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #3
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 24,467
DISboards Moderator

You are too funny, LOL.

To save yourself and the brokers some grief, perhaps consider putting a time limit on your offer when you submit it to the broker. For example, this offer is good for xx hours or until 5 pm Eastern tomorrow, etc.

Hope you find something.
__________________
Best Wishes -



BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 08:37 AM   #4
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyFansInLINY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,017

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolMN View Post
You are too funny, LOL.

To save yourself and the brokers some grief, perhaps consider putting a time limit on your offer when you submit it to the broker. For example, this offer is good for xx hours or until 5 pm Eastern tomorrow, etc.

Hope you find something.
Thank you. I did that with my offer before my last offer and it worked well. And then with this last offer, the broker knows my ADD so she told me I should hear back from her within 2 days. I think she knows after 2 days, I have no interest. But I am realizing that since they have to contact an attorney, it will take longer than 2 days. I found a few posts about bankruptcy listings and really do not have the patience for it. As they didn't hear back on their offer for weeks! I could never wait that long lol.
DisneyFansInLINY is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 08:45 AM   #5
Sur
Love the Dis
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 713

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY View Post
Thank you. I did that with my offer before my last offer and it worked well. And then with this last offer, the broker knows my ADD so she told me I should hear back from her within 2 days. I think she knows after 2 days, I have no interest. But I am realizing that since they have to contact an attorney, it will take longer than 2 days. I found a few posts about bankruptcy listings and really do not have the patience for it. As they didn't hear back on their offer for weeks! I could never wait that long lol.
Wait 'til ROFR! Seems like an eternity!
Sur is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 08:53 AM   #6
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyFansInLINY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sur View Post
Wait 'til ROFR! Seems like an eternity!
I will probably have to take up smoking by then lol
DisneyFansInLINY is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #7
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyFansInLINY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,017

Well my ADD has caused me to lose credibility with my offers lol. I just cancelled the offer on the other contract and wanted to make a new offer on a different contract. The realtor asked me if I was sure this time and not going to retract my offer because if I had any doubt then she did not want to put my offer in. And so I explained that I was absolutely sure this time. Now my question is, I have gone back and forth between 2 realtors at the same company. Does it matter who I make the offers with or is that something they have to work out? I don't want to offend either one of them. The first offer I made was with the one I just made an offer with now. The other offers have been with the other realtor.
DisneyFansInLINY is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 11:13 AM   #8
rojen
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 88

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolMN View Post
You are too funny, LOL.

To save yourself and the brokers some grief, perhaps consider putting a time limit on your offer when you submit it to the broker. For example, this offer is good for xx hours or until 5 pm Eastern tomorrow, etc.

Hope you find something.
This is exactly what I did, wasn't hearing on offers for days. Really bugged me since I'd see other contracts I wanted to offer on come up and get sold before I heard back on the first one. Putting the time limit on it really sped up the process.

Also, don't be afraid to drop any of the brokers from consideration. Two of the four kinda did me wrong, so I stopped offering on their listings. There are tons of contracts out there, no reason to buy one that isn't what you're looking for.
rojen is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #9
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyFansInLINY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,017

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojen View Post
This is exactly what I did, wasn't hearing on offers for days. Really bugged me since I'd see other contracts I wanted to offer on come up and get sold before I heard back on the first one. Putting the time limit on it really sped up the process.

Also, don't be afraid to drop any of the brokers from consideration. Two of the four kinda did me wrong, so I stopped offering on their listings. There are tons of contracts out there, no reason to buy one that isn't what you're looking for.
Thank you for your post. I was feeling kinda bad after having spoken to the broker. I have thought about telling her that her attitude is a bit unprofessional. DH is in sales and my SIL is a real estate agent. They deal with people changing their minds all of the time and/or wanting to see a house or sit down and discuss their financial options without the end result being a sale. However, they treat every client the same as to never burn a bridge. I like the broker's co-worker much better as she had the patience to deal with me and if she was annoyed with me, she never let on about it. I wish she had answered the phone or returned my call before I made the offer with miss attitude. But I will write a letter or email when all is said and done to put her in her place
DisneyFansInLINY is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #10
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran
 
lovin'fl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,892

What contract are you offering on? Good luck...I hope they get back to you in a reasonable time. I wouldn't deal with a bankruptcy either.
__________________
DVC since 2006
Next trip(s): Nov 3-6 at VWL
Aug 8-14 at BWV and AKV
lovin'fl is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #11
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyFansInLINY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,017

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
What contract are you offering on? Good luck...I hope they get back to you in a reasonable time. I wouldn't deal with a bankruptcy either.
Thank you. SSR 150 points Dec 2012 300 points, Dec 2013 150 points asking price $63.33. I didn't offer asking price. There was another off for $54 per point but my offer was higher.
DisneyFansInLINY is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #12
nalajms
DIS Veteran
 
nalajms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ct
Posts: 953

I've had varying experience from different brokers in the same company. So if you find one that works well with you, just deal with that one!

The brokers can usually tell you which sellers respond quickly. There's no reason you should lose the chance at a new listing because sellers were dragging their feet.
nalajms is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #13
ELMC
DIS Veteran
 
ELMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,981

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY View Post
Well my ADD has caused me to lose credibility with my offers lol. I just cancelled the offer on the other contract and wanted to make a new offer on a different contract. The realtor asked me if I was sure this time and not going to retract my offer because if I had any doubt then she did not want to put my offer in. And so I explained that I was absolutely sure this time. Now my question is, I have gone back and forth between 2 realtors at the same company. Does it matter who I make the offers with or is that something they have to work out? I don't want to offend either one of them. The first offer I made was with the one I just made an offer with now. The other offers have been with the other realtor.
I think you should make choices. Choose the one broker at that company you want to deal with and deal only with her. Choose a contract that you want and make an offer on it. You are making jokes about your "ADD" but it's not funny really. Nothing about what you have posted here make me think that you are a serious buyer. I'm guessing that the brokers are making this inference as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY View Post
Thank you for your post. I was feeling kinda bad after having spoken to the broker. I have thought about telling her that her attitude is a bit unprofessional. DH is in sales and my SIL is a real estate agent. They deal with people changing their minds all of the time and/or wanting to see a house or sit down and discuss their financial options without the end result being a sale. However, they treat every client the same as to never burn a bridge. I like the broker's co-worker much better as she had the patience to deal with me and if she was annoyed with me, she never let on about it. I wish she had answered the phone or returned my call before I made the offer with miss attitude. But I will write a letter or email when all is said and done to put her in her place
With all due respect, after reading your posts in this thread, I don't think the broker has done anything wrong. You admittedly have a track record of withdrawing offers after the broker takes them to the seller. The broker has a fiduciary responsibility to the transaction, and that includes vetting potential buyers. I don't think she did anything wrong by trying to gauge whether or not you were serious about this purchase. With regards to the statement in bold, that is simply uncalled for.
__________________
ELMC is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 02:03 PM   #14
DougEMG
DIS Veteran
 
DougEMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,732

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY View Post
Thank you. SSR 150 points Dec 2012 300 points, Dec 2013 150 points asking price $63.33. I didn't offer asking price. There was another off for $54 per point but my offer was higher.
Good luck with your offer, just be careful you don't get into a bidding war (which happened to me a couple of times )

When making the offer, just tell the broker the offer is only good for a set amount of time, pick what makes you happy, say 2 days.
__________________
DougEMG is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #15
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyFansInLINY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,017

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
I think you should make choices. Choose the one broker at that company you want to deal with and deal only with her. Choose a contract that you want and make an offer on it. You are making jokes about your "ADD" but it's not funny really. Nothing about what you have posted here make me think that you are a serious buyer. I'm guessing that the brokers are making this inference as well.


With all due respect, after reading your posts in this thread, I don't think the broker has done anything wrong. You admittedly have a track record of withdrawing offers after the broker takes them to the seller. The broker has a fiduciary responsibility to the transaction, and that includes vetting potential buyers. I don't think she did anything wrong by trying to gauge whether or not you were serious about this purchase. With regards to the statement in bold, that is simply uncalled for.

What I want to say to you is prohibited but use your imagination
DisneyFansInLINY is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.