Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 12:20 PM   #31
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!

I was finally thinking about getting a pair of ugly Crocs REALLY.
Are you all saying now this is not what I should be wearing to the parks?
THANKS!
js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:48 PM   #32
mamabear0222
Countdown to 2014 trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by js
THANKS!
I'd try on the skechers

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 08:45 AM   #33
ryalluvdiz
Mouseketeer

The skechers material is so light and "meshy"... I think it will dry quickly on water rides.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:19 PM   #34
Kellykins1218
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by js View Post
THANKS!
Crocs are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn at DW. I've seen people rave about Teva sandals but they gave me the worst blisters I've ever had in my life!
Old 03-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #35
mom2jcg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by js
THANKS!
One year our kids wore crocs and loved them. The next year, they and husband all wore them and got the worst blisters ever. So bad that we had to go buy socks. I wear Nike flip flops that I make sure to break in before we go. I've worn them for 7 trips and never had a problem. I can't wear sneakers because my feet get too hot, and the Nikes are cuter than crocs.
mom2jcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:38 PM   #36
SantaClaus
Earning My Ears

Best tip: start going for regular walks at least a month before your trip. Wear the shoes you plan on wearing to the park. You'll find out quickly if they work.

We also brought moleskin for our recent trip jic. My sister (who didn't do the walks with us) got a blister the first day and raved about the moleskin.

Our feet were still brutally sore from all the walking (we tend to criss cross the parks a lot for FPs etc.) but no blisters wearing Geox sandals and shoes.
SantaClaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:09 AM   #37
jt8595
Earning My Ears

It seems that all tennis shoes make my feet hurt anymore. So for our trip last month, I broke down and purchased a pair of Merrell Barefoot Run Bare Access Arc 2. Best decision I have made in a long time! Although my feet were tired, they did not hurt.
jt8595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:16 AM   #38
sayheyrenee
Mouseketeer

Good arch support brands are Orthaheel, Ryka and Dansko.

I wear all three. Specifically my flip flops are Orthaheel, my sneakers are Ryka's and my sandals are Dansko brand.

I also have a pair of keens that have arch support but I haven't worn them long enough to recommend them yet.

Good luck in your search.
sayheyrenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #39
kayemgi
DIS Veteran

Pretty much no one on earth will agree with me, because flip flops are generally agreed to be the worst shoes for your feet, but I have flat feet, and I HATE sneakers for long days of walking. My feet get sweaty and I always get blisters. I have found that certain types of Reef flip flops have great arch support. I like the Gingers, and have worn them to Disney before. Yes, my feet hurt by the end of the day, but they hurt in sneakers too, and I get no blisters in the flippy floppys!
kayemgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #40
DisneyMardiGras
Earning My Ears

I just bought the Go Walks. I hope my feet don't get too sweaty during our trip in May but I hate the feeling of socks and tennis shoes when it's hot.

DisneyMardiGras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:54 PM   #41
tlkscott
Mouseketeer

Have you check out orthaheel. I just discovered these shoes and they are wonderful.
tlkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #42
smallblackstars
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by js View Post
THANKS!
I have a pair of Crocs for wearing to the parks. The style is called Jayna, they are little flats with a slingback, they are really cute! Not all Crocs are ugly!!

Me (31), DH (26), DD (4), Ninja (2)

smallblackstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:35 AM   #43
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayemgi View Post
Pretty much no one on earth will agree with me, because flip flops are generally agreed to be the worst shoes for your feet, but I have flat feet, and I HATE sneakers for long days of walking. My feet get sweaty and I always get blisters. I have found that certain types of Reef flip flops have great arch support. I like the Gingers, and have worn them to Disney before. Yes, my feet hurt by the end of the day, but they hurt in sneakers too, and I get no blisters in the flippy floppys!
Actually flip flops are all I wear at WDW. If you buy the right kind, they are soooo much cooler and more comfortable than tennis shoes. I wore tennis shows my first trip and my well broken in tennies killed my feet down there and I got blisters. I used to swear by Teva Mush, Nike Celso, Reefs, or Sanuk Yoga Mats, but over the years developed plantar fasciitis, so can no longer wear those for any length of time. After alot of searching and experimenting, the most comfortable flip flops for alot of walking are my OluKai Ohana's. Nothing compares to them and I always take at least one or two pairs every time I go to WDW (and as an AP holder I go to WDW 4-6 times a year). Next to my beloved OluKai Ohanas, I like Flojos Xenas, Sketcher Tone Ups, Montrail Molokini, Cobian Braided Bounce, Yellow Box Jello, or my Volatile Keralees. Funny thing is, even though I love my Jellos and Keralees, I am not fond of the other Yellow Box or Volatiles down there. I do wear alot of Yellow Box around here though. The Yellow Box Jellos are the most comortable pair of YB that I own though. Still nothing compares to my beloved OluKai Ohanas. I would never go to WDW without at least one pair. Again I have fairly high arches, but also have plantar fasciitis, so have to be very careful that any flip flops I wear have good arch support.

Last edited by aubriee; 03-07-2013 at 12:48 PM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #44
kayemgi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
After alot of searching and experimenting, the most comfortable flip flops for alot of walking are my OluKai Ohana's.
I've heard so many great things about OluKais! I'm going to have to check them out, along with some of your other suggestions. The Reefs keep my feet cool and blister free, but I tend to over pronate, so my feet do get pains/cramps after awhile. The Reefs offer some arch support, way better than most flip flops, but I suspect there is probably something even better out there!
kayemgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #45
glammadiva
DIS Veteran

My go walks are my park shoes. Never have a problem and I have plantar fascitis, tendinitis and double bone spurs. Wear my Tevas at DTD just to switch for my feet. Like my go walks much better than my New Balance! My podiatrist says the ballet flats are the worst shoes for your feet.
glammadiva is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
orthopaedic, shoes

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: