DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 05:47 PM   #31
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTisforME

I thought that any resale contracts that were purchased within the past year-18 months were unable to be used for anything but the DVC sites. The people who own older resale contracts don't have that restriction. Am I wrong??

Looking for a resale contract for BCV so this is good to know.
The limitations on resale contracts are the Disney Collection, the Concierge collection, and the Adventurer collection. So the functional limitation are some expensive high end hotels, the non-DVC Disney hotels, AbD, and DCL. Currently ALL MEMBERS both retail & resale can utilize the trades through RCI. (aka World Passport collection.). It seems like many people have the same misconception. Often enough I have heard retail buyers have been blatantly lied to on the restrictions by their "guides."

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
Old 02-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #32
BLTisforME
Headed to Orlando.... again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom

The limitations on resale contracts are the Disney Collection, the Concierge collection, and the Adventurer collection. So the functional limitation are some expensive high end hotels, the non-DVC Disney hotels, AbD, and DCL. Currently ALL MEMBERS both retail & resale can utilize the trades through RCI. (aka World Passport collection.). It seems like many people have the same misconception. Often enough I have heard retail buyers have been blatantly lied to on the restrictions by their "guides."

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
Wow! Thanks for the information. Honestly, resale wasn't something we considered when we bought last year at BLT. Not because I was worried about the ability to trade/exchange.

At this point our son is only 3 and I think WDW is on the agenda for a long time to come. I just didn't want to wait out the process for ROFR. I also got 3 contracts so I wanted to ensure the use years were the same. I spent more $$$ indeed but was willing to do so to have it "just so".

Now I am looking for a smallish BCV contract (100-150) pts. So I will wait out the ROFR when and if I ever find it.

Our salesperson at DVC was "fine". He didn't say what exactly the limitations were. So I don't feel mislead. I must have just forgotten. I have had a few small "beefs" with DVC but they were related to other issues (fast passes promised and mouse keeping). I just remind myself how happy I am to own DVC and focus on the family magic- while forgetting about the mouse being in the business of making money off of all of us.
BLTisforME is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 06:50 PM   #33
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Currently resale buyers today can use their points for RCI but that could change at any time. My guess is that the RCI contract with Disney kept them from excluding RCI trades.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #34
czmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDad1970 View Post
We closed on our 250 point AKV purchase last Thursday (we bought resale, for which I am very thankful). I would like to make a reservation, and yesterday I called membership administration to see if I could get my membership number and make my reservation. Tammy told me I am not in the system yet.

Today I spoke with Kevin who told me I am still not in the system AND (contrary to what has been posted on this board) he told me they do not give out membership numbers over the phone anymore, that I will have to wait for my packet in the mail, and it might be another two to three weeks (including time for the mail deliver). He also told me this is a new policy. Has anyone else heard of this? Or is it a situation where you speak with three different people and you get three different answers? Thanks.

We started this process in early-December. Yes, I knew going in it could take two months, but two more weeks would put us at around ten to eleven weeks. AAARRRGGGHHHH!
Curious- did you receive your membership number yet? How long did it take after closing?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: