Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #31
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenT
I don't see why this would even be necessary. Yes, BOG is popular, but I can't imagine it being completely sold out for every time slot when the 180 day window opens.
I have a 5:40 ADR for next Wednesday that I made on Oct 17th....that was only 4 months out....
Yup we are going to BOG two weeks from tomorrow and I didn't do adr's until november! That's when we booked our trip so I took what I could. It's 4:45 pm but mk closes pretty early that night so we were happy!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:16 PM   #32
SA mom
DIS Veteran

We sort of did this once, but unintentionally. We actually had to cut the first three days of our trip last minute. It also meant cutting two really great meals that we couldn't get back.

Like I always tell my kids, just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
SA mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #33
UpstateMick
Mouseketeer

Brilliant idea! Just did it for my August trip...got all of my ADRs, including all the hard to gets! Thank you thank you!
UpstateMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #34
Blackbeltdisneygirl
Disney obsessed and proud of it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Not only do people do this, if they are staying offsite they book a resort reservation to get access to the 180 plus 10 reservation perk, then cancel the resort reservation.

Personally I don't see the need to push to make all your ADRS at exactly 180 days.
See, this is just working the system. I don't think this scenario is right at all. If they cancel, then the reservations should be cancelled as well in my opinion. Like I said, I had no problem getting what I wanted at roughly 80 days out, but I just don't care for being dishonest. It is one thing to have to cancel b/c something comes up or something unavoidable, but to do it intentionally is just something I don't agree with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA mom View Post
We sort of did this once, but unintentionally. We actually had to cut the first three days of our trip last minute. It also meant cutting two really great meals that we couldn't get back.

Like I always tell my kids, just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
There's nothing wrong with what you did. Your advice for your kids is wonderful.

Reservations are important to me, but I want to be fair to others. I have a couple reservations that I made for friends that were going with us initially, and it looks like they are going to have to push their trip back. So, all of the reservations I made for six I am going to alter down to 2 so someone else can have the remaining seats if needed. If they decide they are able to go then I will try and book what I can for them. If we can't eat at every restaurant together, then so be it.

Again, this is just my opinion.

2010: POR 7 days, 2011 split stay: POR 4 days CSR 7 days, 2012: CBR 12 days, 2013: POR 9 days, 2014: 12-14 days AoA???
Blackbeltdisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #35
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Moving from Theme Parks to Dining board

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:48 AM   #36
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Not only do people do this, if they are staying offsite they book a resort reservation to get access to the 180 plus 10 reservation perk, then cancel the resort reservation.

Personally I don't see the need to push to make all your ADRS at exactly 180 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeltdisneygirl View Post
See, this is just working the system. I don't think this scenario is right at all. If they cancel, then the reservations should be cancelled as well in my opinion. Like I said, I had no problem getting what I wanted at roughly 80 days out, but I just don't care for being dishonest. It is one thing to have to cancel b/c something comes up or something unavoidable, but to do it intentionally is just something I don't agree with.
I don't agree that the dining reservations should be cancelled. Sometimes plans honestly change. I know ours did twice in the last few months. We had nine days booked at CBR for our Oct/Nov trip and had made dining reservations at the 180 day mark, like we always do. However, about two weeks before we were due to leave, a coworker offered me a deal too good to pass up. She had banked all the time she could, but owns three time shares and was going to lose time if she didn't use it by Dec 31st. She offered us a one bedroom condo, just one mile from the Disney gates for just $450.00 for the week. We canceled the reservation for CBR and moved those monies to pay off our May 2013 trip. The Monday after we came back from the Oct/Nov trip was the 180 day mark for the May trip, so I made ADRs for that trip. Then later decided that I really liked staying offsite, so canceled the May trip and rebooked at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. At the time I made the ADRs I had honest intentions of staying at a WDW resort, but later changed my mind. It would not have been fair to cancel my ADRs, just because I changed my mind and decided to stay offsite. At the time I canceled the WDW resort reservations, I was within the 180 days anyway. While I don't think it's right to book a resort reservation through Disney (with plans to cancel after making ADRs), there is no way Disney could cancel the ADRs of someone who did, without also punishing some people like us, who just honestly changed their mind about staying onsite. At the time we made the ADRs, we had honest intentions of staying onsite at the hotel we had booked.

Last edited by aubriee; 02-16-2013 at 02:53 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #37
JAZmommy
Earning My Ears

I think people do that's why you can get rez close to the date because everyone cancels te ones they don't use
JAZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: