Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #586
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

Can someone post the c2c pink medal? For some reason I can't get it to load when I go to the blog.

I was planning to run tink and wine and dine for my coast to coast but now..... reconsidering. Has anyone run both tink and princess? Was recovery time enough? Seems so close together. But I'm a relative "newbie" (been running for about two years but only have done one half so far)

First trip: Mar 90, Polynesian Most recent trips: Feb '14, Princess 1/2 - GF; Jan '14, Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon! - GCH; Nov '13, Wine & Dine 1/2Marathon - BWI! In-between: Grand Floridian, AKV-Kidani, Poly, WL, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Coronado Springs, Disneyland Hotel
Figment1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #587
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Click on my blog in the signature. It's on there!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #588
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Oh- I ran Tink and PHM this year. Plenty of recovery time IMO! I did another half a month after PHM. Felt great for all 3 races!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 04-27-2013, 11:04 PM   #589
kappyfamily
DIS Veteran

Recovery time will be fine. 5 weeks is plenty. I started racing 14 months ago, princess 2012 being my first and I've done 8 halfs now. Some I have done 3 weeks apart. 5 weeks apart i usually give myself 1 week break after the first half then do a few 3's and build up 2 weeks before the next half to a 9 miler then more 3's. This has always worked well for me.
Rock N Roll Portland- Done!: Seattle 1/2 - Done!: Rock N Roll Arizona - Done!: Heartbreaker 1/2 Portland - Done!: Lincoln City 1/2 - Done! Eugene 1/2 - Done! Vancouver USA 1/2- Done! Foot Traffic Flat 1/2 Oregon - Done! Oregon Wine Country 1/2 - Done! The Oregon 1/2 - Done! Portland 1/2 Marathon - Done! Rock N Roll Vegas - Done! Portland Holiday Half - Done!

Going for finishing 45 half marathons by 45!

--Dig Deep

Me , DH , DS19 , DD12
kappyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #590
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

OK ladies. I need you to help me decide if I'm going to attempt to Walk the Diva Half next weekend.

Running is not an option says the Dr., plus my running training ended over 3 weeks ago now.

Since I had to stop running I've done the bike and elipitical for cardio. Two weeks in a row I did a 5 mile walk, slow pace with my mom. Yesterday I got out there by myself, well amost by myself - I had DS2 in the stroller, and I did a 7 mile walk with a 15:55 average according to my Garmin. For Diva you have to maintain the 16:00 pace like Tink. You dont get swept but they do reopen the streets to traffic and you dont get a medal if you dont meet the pace requirements.

The 7 miles werent easy but I wasn't sore yesterday afternon either. I was glad when the 7 miles were over but I know I could do a 10 miler at that pace. Its the last 3 I'm worried about...(But isnt it always?)
I'll also throw in there that I'm fighting a cold. Have been since Thursday so hopefully that will be gone soon.

No matter what, I am making the trip to SF with my girlfriends. Two are running and one is seriously injured and can't even walk it so she's going to cheer the other two on. Soooo that being said, do I join her on the sidelines or do I walk a half by myself? Another factor to consider is we have Tix to the Giants game at 5:00 after the race and I'd rather not be miserable for it.
I know the trip will be fun, whether I walk or not.

I know you ladies understand my dilemma! I want the race bling (and the rose, and the champagne) but I dont want to kill myself either.
Oh whats a girl to do?

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:23 AM   #591
dewingedpixie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment1990 View Post
Can someone post the c2c pink medal? For some reason I can't get it to load when I go to the blog.

I was planning to run tink and wine and dine for my coast to coast but now..... reconsidering. Has anyone run both tink and princess? Was recovery time enough? Seems so close together. But I'm a relative "newbie" (been running for about two years but only have done one half so far)
I haven't done this but the recovery shouldn't be bad if you're an avid runner. I did the 17.75k at the end of march and a half marathon sick yesterday. Knowing I was sick I've signed up for another half in 3 weeks to recoup my training. I'm a very avid runner though so I'll drop to 7 miles this weekend, then 19-10 the next, then run the half for time the 3rd weekend. My body will be like ok whatever.

dewingedpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:19 AM   #592
jessicaerv
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie101 View Post
OK ladies. I need you to help me decide if I'm going to attempt to Walk the Diva Half next weekend.

Running is not an option says the Dr., plus my running training ended over 3 weeks ago now.

Since I had to stop running I've done the bike and elipitical for cardio. Two weeks in a row I did a 5 mile walk, slow pace with my mom. Yesterday I got out there by myself, well amost by myself - I had DS2 in the stroller, and I did a 7 mile walk with a 15:55 average according to my Garmin. For Diva you have to maintain the 16:00 pace like Tink. You dont get swept but they do reopen the streets to traffic and you dont get a medal if you dont meet the pace requirements.

The 7 miles werent easy but I wasn't sore yesterday afternon either. I was glad when the 7 miles were over but I know I could do a 10 miler at that pace. Its the last 3 I'm worried about...(But isnt it always?)
I'll also throw in there that I'm fighting a cold. Have been since Thursday so hopefully that will be gone soon.

No matter what, I am making the trip to SF with my girlfriends. Two are running and one is seriously injured and can't even walk it so she's going to cheer the other two on. Soooo that being said, do I join her on the sidelines or do I walk a half by myself? Another factor to consider is we have Tix to the Giants game at 5:00 after the race and I'd rather not be miserable for it.
I know the trip will be fun, whether I walk or not.

I know you ladies understand my dilemma! I want the race bling (and the rose, and the champagne) but I dont want to kill myself either.
Oh whats a girl to do?
Kirstie, I know you'd be disappointed, but I think you should sit this one out. Sounds like you'll have company cheering your friends on, it'll be a lovely weekend regardless, and I'll buy you a flute of champagne and a rose when I see you next to replace the lost ones. And you really don't want to be in pain during a baseball game in those hard plastic seats.

Seriously, though -- why risk greater injury?

Let us know what you decide.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:21 AM   #593
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I called rundisney this morning. Some info updated in my blog.

Kirstie- can you defer?

My No-Guilt Life
Old 04-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #594
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaerv View Post
Kirstie, I know you'd be disappointed, but I think you should sit this one out. Sounds like you'll have company cheering your friends on, it'll be a lovely weekend regardless, and I'll buy you a flute of champagne and a rose when I see you next to replace the lost ones. And you really don't want to be in pain during a baseball game in those hard plastic seats.

Seriously, though -- why risk greater injury?

Let us know what you decide.
I'll keep you all posted. I'm leaning towards sitting it out I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post

Kirstie- can you defer?
For $25 I can defer. Not sure what the race date is next year. If its the same weekend as this year theres a chance we'll be in Yosemite and then I wouldn't be able to do it. So not sure I'd want to fork over $25 more and then possibly not be able to do it again. I might just collect my race shrit and eat the $85 reg fee.

Kirsten
Old 04-30-2013, 04:21 PM   #595
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the info! I'm curious about the course for the 10k in Sept. I keeping leaning towards the 1st 1/2 of the Tink course w/ a change in the starting area. I think we were close to 6 if not past 6 by the time we got to the end of DTD, but we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie101 View Post
I'll keep you all posted. I'm leaning towards sitting it out I think.

For $25 I can defer. Not sure what the race date is next year. If its the same weekend as this year theres a chance we'll be in Yosemite and then I wouldn't be able to do it. So not sure I'd want to fork over $25 more and then possibly not be able to do it again. I might just collect my race shrit and eat the $85 reg fee.
What about doing the 5k instead of the 1/2 and then meet your friends at the finish line? It'll be an expensive 5k, but at least you won't have to worry about next year's date.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:08 PM   #596
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
Thanks for the info! I'm curious about the course for the 10k in Sept. I keeping leaning towards the 1st 1/2 of the Tink course w/ a change in the starting area. I think we were close to 6 if not past 6 by the time we got to the end of DTD, but we'll see.

What about doing the 5k instead of the 1/2 and then meet your friends at the finish line? It'll be an expensive 5k, but at least you won't have to worry about next year's date.
I would actually LOVE to do that! But the info they sent out is saying since the 5K is full, no one from the half is being allowed to go down to the 5K. The email also said that if you're caught running either race with the wrong bib you'll be disqualified. I'm still gonna ask about it at the Expo though. And I posted on their facebook event to see if anyone wanted to trade bibs with me. Like you said, an expensive 5K but it would still be fun.

Kirsten
Old 04-30-2013, 05:28 PM   #597
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
I think you're right - I remember running past the 5 mile marker in DTD during the inaugural and then seeing the awesome red hat ladies right after. They mentioned taking us through carsland for it too though and the first half of that Tink only went through DL I think?
Old 04-30-2013, 05:46 PM   #598
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Tink went through both DL and DCA this year. And I agree- if the course is the same as the Tink first half, I'd be very happy! most of it was in the parks! Yippee!

FYI- C2C question has been answered:

http://margaritasmilesandmouse.blogs...-question.html

Basically, it's the same rules as always. You get 1, and it's the first one you earn. So you will not get a pink + blue one this year.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 04-30-2013, 07:01 PM   #599
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Tink went through both DL and DCA this year. And I agree- if the course is the same as the Tink first half, I'd be very happy! most of it was in the parks! Yippee!

FYI- C2C question has been answered:

http://margaritasmilesandmouse.blogs...-question.html

Basically, it's the same rules as always. You get 1, and it's the first one you earn. So you will not get a pink + blue one this year.
Couldn't you still kind of decide which one you want though based on how you register? For example....run WDW 1/2 in January. When registering for Tink, you check 'yes' for C2C and get the wristband at Tink for C2C and then get the classic medal. Or, run WDW 1/2 in Jan, run Tink but don't check yes for C2C when registering, but then check the C2C box when registering for PHM and get the pink one at that time. I don't see why that would be a problem...would it?

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:18 PM   #600
Tinker Gal
Earning My Ears

So pumped to be watching "Disneyland: Behind the Scenes" on the Destination America channel. Getting me excited for my very 1st trip, & the 1st leg (I hope) of the C2C!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: