Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 01:28 AM   #1
Cicero10
Mouseketeer

Question How do you do the program without "taking time off"?

I'm wanting to do the Disney Culinry program. The requirements are:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Be Enrolled as a Full-Time or Part-Time Student in a School of Culinary Arts, seeking a certificate or degree or enrolled in a Culinary/Baking and Pastry school and studying toward a Baking and Pātisserie Science degree

Students must be currently enrolled and taking at least one class in an accredited college or university in the United States and have completed at least one semester or have graduated in the past six (6) months.
Students who have not yet graduated from high school but have dual enrollment with a college are not eligible to apply.
Those who have taken college courses but are currently taking "time off" from school are not eligible to apply.
2. Meet Any School Requirements for Participation

Students also must meet any additional criteria their school requires for participation in our program. This may include GPA, grade level, and number of credit hours earned. Schools will be contacted to verify eligibility.

But I'm confused when it says we cannot be taking "time off", how else could we do the program if we don't take time off from culinary school?
Cicero10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:39 AM   #2
BigDreamer
Shutterbug

It doesn't mean time off during the program, it has to do with are you currently enrolled in classes and taking classes now. Some people have to drop out (take time off) for many reasons like financial, family, really just circumstances that mean they're not in class at the time they apply. You have to be in school at the time you apply for the program.

My randomly (rarely) updated Blog: http://amandasfstop.blogspot.com/
BigDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 02:05 AM   #3
Cicero10
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDreamer
It doesn't mean time off during the program, it has to do with are you currently enrolled in classes and taking classes now. Some people have to drop out (take time off) for many reasons like financial, family, really just circumstances that mean they're not in class at the time they apply. You have to be in school at the time you apply for the program.
Still a tad confused. So while I'm in school, I must apply? So if I do get accepted into the culinary program, I would do that program before my next semester? So I pay for the first semester and apply during the first semester, then if I get accepted I wait to pay for the second semester until I'm done with the culinary program?
Old 02-20-2013, 08:44 AM   #4
pipermae
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero10 View Post
Still a tad confused. So while I'm in school, I must apply? So if I do get accepted into the culinary program, I would do that program before my next semester? So I pay for the first semester and apply during the first semester, then if I get accepted I wait to pay for the second semester until I'm done with the culinary program?
The time off means:

Let's say your in school and there's a death in your immediate family. Because of this, you take the spring semester off so you can tend to your family situation. You can not apply during that spring semester. You must be actively enrolled & taking classes at the time you are filling out the application.

So if you are actively enrolled in classes now, you may apply for the program. If you are accepted you'll choose your arrival date which will be after the current semester is over and will pay your fee then. You will technically be taking a semester away from normal classes to participate in the program.
May&June 2010 - POP w/ new friends!
March 2011 - All Star Sports to celebrate our engagement!
August 2011 thru January 2012 - Disney College Program, Attractions Hostess at Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
January 2012 to January 2013 - Seasonal Cast Member at Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith (visited in June and October in 2012)
March 2013 - Married at Disney World on 03-13-13!
Fall 2013 DCP - Attractions (Location: Sum of All Thrills)
pipermae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:48 PM   #5
Cicero10
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipermae View Post
The time off means:

Let's say your in school and there's a death in your immediate family. Because of this, you take the spring semester off so you can tend to your family situation. You can not apply during that spring semester. You must be actively enrolled & taking classes at the time you are filling out the application.

So if you are actively enrolled in classes now, you may apply for the program. If you are accepted you'll choose your arrival date which will be after the current semester is over and will pay your fee then. You will technically be taking a semester away from normal classes to participate in the program.
Oh ok I get it.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:01 PM   #6
pipermae
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero10 View Post
Oh ok I get it.
Glad I could help!!
May&June 2010 - POP w/ new friends!
March 2011 - All Star Sports to celebrate our engagement!
August 2011 thru January 2012 - Disney College Program, Attractions Hostess at Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
January 2012 to January 2013 - Seasonal Cast Member at Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith (visited in June and October in 2012)
March 2013 - Married at Disney World on 03-13-13!
Fall 2013 DCP - Attractions (Location: Sum of All Thrills)
pipermae is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: