Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Karen's TR Poll
Is this poll just awesome or really awesome 8 66.67%
More awesome is needed 1 8.33%
Other 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2013, 09:50 PM   #106
mumoftriplets
Earning My Ears

Another fan of your TR's.

mumoftriplets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:35 AM   #107
Aussie Wendy
DIS Veteran

All caught up-sounds idyllically relaxing. Probably even more so compared to being back in the real world at the start of term.
TR Exploration Europe

Me DH DD:

Aussie Wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 08:55 PM   #108
ky71
Mouseketeer

Did I miss the rest of Karen's TR?
I checked out the TR forum but cannot find it...very sad as I am enjoying the adventure. Come back Karen!
TDL-2010, June 2012
HKDL-2010, Oct 2012
DCL-2013

Upcoming trips

DD dancing at DLR in July 2014

WDW & cruise in Sept 2015

Shanghai DL 2016
ky71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #109
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

so...where was I

I talked about the flight...the accom...the mickey wheel of hurl and death...i think I may need to go back and have a look at where I'm up too....BRB
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:59 PM   #110
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Ok...so the boat that goes around

Well as you have gathered we were there when LA was a tad freezing...and I think both the DH and I are NOT cold weather tourists...heres an example of DH's face that was a regular fixture....

I had to keep reminding him to smile....he said he would, when his face defrosted...

There ya go...not too painful after all.....so we get on the big boat..the crowds were light as, but this guy was pushing his kid with ice cream into MY BACK pushing me up the gangplank..i think due to the cold I was a tad more aggressive than normal and I did turn and I did tell him to stop it in no uncertain terms...here's a pic of the guilty party (kid , mum and guy in jeans)...seriously people its a boat that goes no where and everyone has a great view...so dude, you have now been named and shamed on aussiekarens TR....live with the shame..but funny thing, the kid complained cause she coouldnt see as everyone was around the sides and she was on her perch up the back...HA!

so back to the cruise...was great to just take everything in...

and of course my croc boots were AWESOME>>>>

and heres proof it was a little bit cold...

and heres a pic of the happy couple......

Now as we went around we noticed a lot of construction work being done in the playground and various places....so during the off season we do notice that there are a fair few things closed for reno....great time re crowds..not so good for the rides....
Old 04-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #111
australiankaren

Now whats a TR without food

So, we have never ever ever had earl of sandwich.....but the great thing being at GCV is its 4.75 mins walk fro my door to the land of yummy yummy goodness.....why have I never found this haven of mouth watering goodness before..I blame you!

so nice...so warm...so much bok choi.....oh earl, why!!!

Downtown Disney at DL isnt as good IMO as WDW, but dang near close
Old 04-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #112
australiankaren

Mickeys house of poverty

DTD has the biggest Disney store I think I have had the misfortune to allow DH into....if they don't have it...the Mouse hasn't thought of it yet....

some of his finer pieces...

yes you can tell I have grand daughters...

so really as you can see, the mouse has an amazing knack of extracting $$$$ from my account with a smile....dang you mouse and your wicked ways!
Old 04-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #113
australiankaren

New Orleans area

We kissy kissy loved this part of the park...after we discovered it day 5 seriously we didnt know this part of the park existed...and I thought haunted mansion was a shop for nearly a week...

best coffee ever........but even better was this!

and the tiny drinks they give you.....

to wash down these

and hidden around the corner is a cute little area......which is perfect for those romantic type shots...if you feel so inclined..i just wanted to get warm ....

But here are some pics during the day.......

the only thing that was a tad annoying was the "fake" railway crossing ding ding bl&$dy ding....it got to the stage i'd be chatting then add "ding ding" at the end of each sentence...although that skill has done me well in my trip to melbourne and the trams..ding ding....ahh trams

anyway,the coffee place was never crowded, really bad cover for when it rains might explain it..but we loved this area.And here's another reminder why..

Last edited by australiankaren; 04-25-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #114
australiankaren

Buffet at GCH........or just feed me damn it

So, hungry, cold, tired and its 5 .30 pm..so old people time for dinner....I'm hungry, DH is cold, hungry and annoyed he cant use the pool...so what to do???? That's right..head for the buffet!

Ok so not the cheapest option, but he was happy, I was happy and that didnt mean I had to go back to DTD in the cold to get something to eat...

me taking my lactese...what a life saver they are

now there was more on my plate but as previously mentioned...we were HUNGRY!!!!!! and the locals were looking at us funny taking snaps of my food...go figure

Has 2 big fireplaces, but we lucked out and were by the window and servers station...and the tables are wedged in a tad..every time I wanted to go back to the buffet (numerous) I had to mountain climb over the woman behind me who refused to pull her chair in...seriously you don't need to sit 4 feet from the table sweetie....just don't get between me and the food.

The service was a tad ratty, slow and a bit offhanded but then all over us when he gave us the bill...so minimum tip for you my dear!

It was great for lunch but wouldn't go back for dinner again..so many better & cheaper places @ DTD.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:52 PM   #115
australiankaren

Indiana Jones Adventure...or as I call it Raiders of my time

So, we line up....all pumped....yep that's about it... theming was great but I just couldn't get the whole ride...like dinosaur at WDW but not.....oh and the snakes...really...hello??? seriously this park is trying to kill me..first the wheel of hurl and death, then scare me with nature. Hate nature..

but we got some great shots of the line....

he's happy...he's warm

Once again Disney out did themselves with the theming....shame the ride scared me the other halfway to death...
Old 04-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #116
australiankaren

The mansion I thought was a shop

So after 8 trips to WDW I think my brain expects things to look the same at DLR...thus the confusion re: "The Mansion".....you know the one...so imagine my surprise and delight when I stumbled across it in one of my early morning solo wanderings......I was so excited when I got back to the room and told DH I had found the other half of the park that I thought wasn't there...I didnt need a map how different was it to WDW MK??

So entered the gates of The Mansion...and they shut them behind me with a clang.....this didn't happen at WDW....is it closed??...how do i get out??...bugger bugger bugger...... I didn't want to ride it alone just in case it had snakes and the carriages swung 400 ft above the ground..you can never tell, he's a sneaky mouse this one....my poor heart couldn't cope with any more......

oh god the gates are closed.....

then this lovely pair of CM's let me out the grannie gate.....

I need a wee lie down talking about it........man I'm lucky I left DL alive...
Old 04-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #117
australiankaren

So lets recap shall we...

Mickeys wheel of doom, hurl and death
Raiders of my time with death by snake
Matterhorn of disappointment (but a great ride to dry my hair)
The mansion ((((shudder)))))

Wait.. Matterhorn didn't want me dead..unless boring me to death is a death.. OK add it back to the list.....

1.wheel nearly killed me
2.raiders nearly killed me
3.Matterhorn nearly killed me
4.the mansion locked me in and nearly scared the other half of me to death...

So really, do i sense a theme here??? anyone????

Here's my watch...its not a pony but its kinda like a pony.

oh I forgot to mention...this!!!!

yep..its official.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #118
australiankaren

One of the bestest things

So during my many solo wanderings in the early am...I found this little gem...so took the DH back to do it..awesome...

was great and we really enjoyed sitting in the foyer watching the cartoons on the big screens..take the time to go and have a look...
Old 04-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #119
australiankaren

The tree house

Never been up the one at wdw before so this was a treat..the view was great and the theming was once again spot on (except the guy throwing plastic snakes at people below)..be warned......great little workout as well...

Old 04-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #120
australiankaren

Ding Ding Ding

Yep......exciting times.....

Ding

Ding

Ding

its a train!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: