Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Karen's TR Poll
Is this poll just awesome or really awesome 8 66.67%
More awesome is needed 1 8.33%
Other 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2013, 12:58 AM   #91
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Mum
Gosh how I would love the chance to be able to wander around the parks by myself like you did, having the time to appreciate all the special details and under no pressure to be grabbing fast passes or racing between rides.......
It's awesome to do even if just for an hour... Plonk the kids by the pool and then go explore... So many little details you'd normally miss....
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:43 AM   #92
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Mum
Gosh how I would love the chance to be able to wander around the parks by myself like you did, having the time to appreciate all the special details and under no pressure to be grabbing fast passes or racing between rides.......
Yep. Me too
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 07:37 AM   #93
Minniemum
DIS Veteran

Karen you seem to have seen so much more than just the rides. How does 9 days stack up at DL? Too much, too little?

DLR - 1/92 O/S, 3/99 O/S, 6/99 O/S, 3/05 DLH, 9/08 DLH, 9/09 DLH, 9/13 O/S
DLP - 9/98
DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - 9/13
WDW - 4/98 O/S, 10/10 POP, 9/11 POFQ, 9/12 POFQ, 9/13 POFQ, 9/14 POFQ

Minniemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:39 PM   #94
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren
so, taking a big breath I am now ready after much counselling and medication to talk about that subject we don't talk about..the proverbial elephant in the room, the thing that is just whispered about in dark rooms and back alleys....MICKEYS WHEEL OF DOOM!!!

OMG Mouse, what the hell were you thinking ...you sadistic crazy rodent you! It looks so tame, so kiddy, so FUN!!! You have to be bl^^dy kidding me...I have NEVER EVER EVER been as terrified as I was on this "ride"....and I have children, and grandchildren so I know Terror!

so we toddle up, like lambs to the slaughter, I HATE Ferris wheels, but its Disney, what can go wrong...DH says "lets just do the stationary carriage" I go "come on, lets do the moving one, how bad can it be".......OH SWEET JESUS!!!!!
Dang you Mickey and your aura of calm and safety......we could DIE on this thing....

here is the DH ( and this is a tame photo)......after the first swinging begins...

this is now him when he thinks it is all over......silly silly man

so lets just say as my loud aussie voice rings thru the park "let me off..NOW!!!"...we only did one rotation...and I had to go and ride screaming twice to get my mo-jo back........

Me so so happy to be on dry land ..we should have twiged when we saw the sick bags in the carriage.....idiots!

the WHEEL OF DOOM AND DEATH

after riding screaming twice...nearly back to my usual self...nearly!

so to sum up...I HATE YOU MOUSE AND EVERYTHING YOU STAND FOR.....ok, maybe thats a bit harsh, but really???? really????? that ride???? really?????

Tears are running down my cheeks. Oh the laughter.

Always choose not to swing or volunteer to get a fast pass
Old 02-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #95
5ofus
DIS Veteran

I love your TRs Karen - they always make me laugh. Although the Wheel of Doom is no laughing matter. Seriously, the ONLY ride EVER that I have been scared on. Never again.

So, RSRs... we're going to have one small fry who can't ride and we'll have to do the childswap thing, but will probably do it with Fastpasses (over an hour in line with a 6 and 4 year old? No thanks!). Is the FP distribution going to stay in Bug's Land? And you recommend the main entrance over the GC entrance don't you?

Do you reckon the WOC dining package is worth it with littlies? None of us have seen WOC.

Your report is getting me even more excited about our trip!

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:47 PM   #96
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ofus View Post
I love your TRs Karen - they always make me laugh. Although the Wheel of Doom is no laughing matter. Seriously, the ONLY ride EVER that I have been scared on. Never again.

So, RSRs... we're going to have one small fry who can't ride and we'll have to do the childswap thing, but will probably do it with Fastpasses (over an hour in line with a 6 and 4 year old? No thanks!). Is the FP distribution going to stay in Bug's Land? And you recommend the main entrance over the GC entrance don't you?

Do you reckon the WOC dining package is worth it with littlies? None of us have seen WOC.

Your report is getting me even more excited about our trip!
mate:
re: woc dining, it up to you weather its worth the $$$$...not a cheap option, but so worth it especially on crowded nights which are most weekends.....food service is very slow, so maybe factor that in with your time....

radiator springs have singles lines which may be another option....and yep RS fast pass line is at bugs life entrance opposite winery.....

we loved DL and the 8 days weren't long enough to see it all.....
Old 02-26-2013, 09:57 PM   #97
australiankaren

Winnie the pooh......oh dear...

so stumbled across this little gem.....such a tinsy ride but perfectly formed...

and the best thing was that the shop had this.....

filled with caramel, marshmallows and chocolate.....

Old 02-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #98
australiankaren

Rainforest cafe....DTD

so we always try to get to T-rex in DTD orlando, so thought we'd give the sister store a try.....it was cold, it was late and all we wanted was booze and grease....so here tis' the booze and grease

Old 02-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #99
australiankaren

My morning wandering thru CA: Hollywood land

Leaving DH tucked up nice and warm in his bed, I venture out and about to explore Hollywood land for the first time........EMH .....no one for coo-ee.....so nice they opened the park just for me..

With there being no crowds, i could take my time and just linger over the finer details.....
Old 02-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #100
australiankaren

and then the weather got a tad cold.....

yup yup...

and they say this is sunny LA......
Old 02-26-2013, 10:32 PM   #101
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren
yup yup...

and they say this is sunny LA......
Wow, that looks very cold.

Loving your TR with all the pics.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #102
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Splash Mountain was down for maintenance again? It was only down 2 years ago when we were there, and they closed the whole Critter Country land, so we also didn't get to go on Winnie the Pooh.

You like rickety Space Mountain? Try Paris

DH and I had to rug up in jackets and beanies and scarves when we were in Anaheim in Feburary. You were lucky to have t-shirt weather some days!

I wonder when RSR will become a normal sort of wait time, or at least when people won't have to actually line up to get fastpasses... seems like a lot of work!

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Aug/Sep 2014 DLR Half Marathon Weekend (DI&S & Portofino) PTR - 2015 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:16 AM   #103
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

I'm really not keeping count....how many of the challenge items did you knock off?

Great pics and mental montages.

Thanks for sharing.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:34 PM   #104
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
Leaving DH tucked up nice and warm in his bed, I venture out and about to explore Hollywood land for the first time........EMH .....no one for coo-ee.....so nice they opened the park just for me..

With there being no crowds, i could take my time and just linger over the finer details.....
That's how the Muppets was for us! It was like it was open just for us
Old 03-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #105
Aussiefamof5
Mouseketeer

love your photos australiankaren great TR You have a way with words

Disneyland DLH & HOJO November 2013

Aussiefamof5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: