DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 07:29 PM   #1
michelleiada
DIS Veteran
 
michelleiada's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,652

Addonitis

I finally became a DVC member in August, purchasing 250 points at BCV. It took me a few years to save the money to pay cash for this. I dreamed about it for years. We haven't even had our first official trip home yet, booked 12 nights in June. I am already trying to figure out how to buy more points. I've begun a little special saving for it again.. What the heck is wrong with me?? Will I ever be satisfied?
__________________
Michelle 1988 offsite, 1990 offsite, 2001 offsite, 2007 WDW Swan, 2009 Beach Club Villas, 2011 Beach Club Villas, 2012 Bonnet Creek for AAU Basketball Nationals, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside

2012 BECAME DVC MEMBER AT BCV!

michelleiada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:31 PM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,878

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleiada View Post
I finally became a DVC member in August, purchasing 250 points at BCV. It took me a few years to save the money to pay cash for this. I dreamed about it for years. We haven't even had our first official trip home yet, booked 12 nights in June. I am already trying to figure out how to buy more points. I've begun a little special saving for it again.. What the heck is wrong with me?? Will I ever be satisfied?
Start adding up the $$ for your annual member fees and that will be the cure. Plus the price of park admission and travelling to WDW.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #3
michelleiada
DIS Veteran
 
michelleiada's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,652

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill

Start adding up the $$ for your annual member fees and that will be the cure. Plus the price of park admission and travelling to WDW.
LOL....I guess that's true. Aweeee....If only I could be on a perpetual Disney Vacation....

Seriously though, if I could go a few times a year it may satisfy me for a bit! I see you own at VWL. Do you love it there? I love BCV and wonder if I would buy at another location, perhaps VWL!
__________________
Michelle 1988 offsite, 1990 offsite, 2001 offsite, 2007 WDW Swan, 2009 Beach Club Villas, 2011 Beach Club Villas, 2012 Bonnet Creek for AAU Basketball Nationals, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside

2012 BECAME DVC MEMBER AT BCV!

michelleiada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:37 AM   #4
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran
 
Pirate Granny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 999

We have OKW and BCV ... But my heart belongs to VWL especially at the holidays...so, after further discussions we will look for a small resale there. We have three daughters, so this will give each of them (they are on the deeds anyway) one. They can haggle about which one and sell if they want once we are gone...we are in our early 60's so I would assume there will be a few years left on the contracts. But the advantages for us, far outweigh the costs..
__________________
Pirate Granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:18 AM   #5
Caren90
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 642

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
We have OKW and BCV ... But my heart belongs to VWL especially at the holidays...so, after further discussions we will look for a small resale there. We have three daughters, so this will give each of them (they are on the deeds anyway) one. They can haggle about which one and sell if they want once we are gone...we are in our early 60's so I would assume there will be a few years left on the contracts. But the advantages for us, far outweigh the costs..

Good for You! Sounds like you are living the dream.

Stephen
__________________
Caren90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #6
chateau
DIS Veteran
 
chateau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 818

Addonitis got me and now BCV will be seeing me a bit more!!

I feel like a kid at Christmas!
__________________
chateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #7
DVCTiff

DIS Veteran
 
DVCTiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 789

Addonitis

I really feel like we can stay almost anywhere on our original contract and are perfectly happy to stay at our home resort during times of high demand.

That said, we did take advantage of our Cast Member discount to purchase a small amount of Aulani points last Fall. With those, we can go every three years. We were super excited about it, having just returned from Aulani, but once we started adding up the annual fees we wondered if we hadn't made a mistake. We're hoping that our next trip with erase the buyer's remorse as we're sitting on the deck of our one bedroom overlooking the ocean.
__________________
Oct 2003 - Honeymooners at The Yacht Club !
May 2004 - Old Key West
Oct 2004 - Saratoga Springs
May 2005 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Oct 2006 - Grand villa at Saratoga Springs
May 2008 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge
May 2010 - AKL - Kidani Village
October 2012 - Aulani - OMG, we bought more points !
April 2013 - Boardwalk Villas - Nephew's Spring Break
April 2014 - Back at Aulani - Just the two of us

For me, Disney is like crack--I always want it, as soon as I'm done with it I need it again, and it's hard to pay for. -- Alliecats

DVCTiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.