Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Scrapbooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
mistyssweets
Earning My Ears

SCAL help needed

Hi everyone, I am hoping someone will be able to help me with an issue with scal. When I try to cut an image on my cricut using the scal program it cuts 2 lines through the middle of the design. I am trying to make a stencil for a cake order that is due in a week and really need help getting this issue fixed. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
mistyssweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #2
Reddy
Scrapbooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyssweets View Post
Hi everyone, I am hoping someone will be able to help me with an issue with scal. When I try to cut an image on my cricut using the scal program it cuts 2 lines through the middle of the design. I am trying to make a stencil for a cake order that is due in a week and really need help getting this issue fixed. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
that sounds like the trail version - make sure you have it updated & register
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 07:46 AM   #3
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

yep that's a trial version and the 30 days are long gone
Old 02-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #4
mistyssweets
Earning My Ears

issue discovered

thank you for your help ladies. I have done some checking on my pc and discovered that my pc guy recovered my pc to the wrong recovery point the other day and that is why not only is my scal back to a trial version but a few other of my programs are gone. Can I scream, no I can't cause it was my fault for letting a kid play games on my pc and she got a bug on it that caused this entire issue. Don't know how to resolve this issue and not sure if I know every program affected yet. Waiting on the pc guy to come and see if there is anything he can do to recover the programs. Have a great day and thanks again for your assistance.
mistyssweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:58 AM   #5
dogcarbon
Mouseketeer

drop an email to the craft edge support:

http://www.craftedge.com/support/support.html

or if you have the serial number from when you purchased your SCAL1 or SCAL2, you should be able to enter that and be up and running, but sometimes support may need to do their magic and reset the activation.

Good Luck!
dogcarbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #6
laura&fam
we must never, never doubt what no one is sure about

I emailed customer support and they never responded. Their website says that they no longer offer whichever version of SCAL I have (SCAL 2?) nor do they sell it anymore.

I'm dreading when I get a new computer because I'm not sure if I can install SCAL on a new computer.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:54 AM   #7
dogcarbon
Mouseketeer

laura&fam:

I am so sorry you have not had a response from customer support. I have never had that problem, and I have heard that they are very responsive.

As long as you are the original owner and have your serial number from when you purchased the software, they will continue to supply support. and you can retrieve your serial number using the email address you used to purchase the software, if you no longer have the serial number. http://www.craftedge.com/support/support.html

And it is correct, they do not have SCAL2 listed on their website for purchase anymore, but they will provide support to those previous customers. They want you to be happy and when and if you upgrade to a new cutting machine, as a previous owner of SCAL2, you can download SCAL3 for FREE.

To re-install the SCAL software on a new computer, you first need to deactivate the first one. The Craft Edge support page is good at answering all your questions on how to do this. http://www.craftedge.com/support/support.html

Hope this helps you, and I would drop them another email with any questions you have. You could also ask on the forums, and those nice folks will make sure you are questions are answered by the right folks.
Best of luck!
dogcarbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #8
laura&fam
we must never, never doubt what no one is sure about

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogcarbon View Post
laura&fam:

I am so sorry you have not had a response from customer support. I have never had that problem, and I have heard that they are very responsive.

As long as you are the original owner and have your serial number from when you purchased the software, they will continue to supply support. and you can retrieve your serial number using the email address you used to purchase the software, if you no longer have the serial number. http://www.craftedge.com/support/support.html
Thanks! That should answer my question and the website has info on how to get my registration information. My problem is I did a military wipe on my old computer and then realized that I should have deactivated SCAL. Ooops.

Customer support has always been great in the past, but they have this message on their website:
Important: Announcement Regarding Sure Cuts A Lot Versions 1 and 2: We will no longer be offering SCAL Versions 1 and 2. Support for these versions will be available through December 31, 2011.

I assumed that was why I never got a response.

Tags
scal cricut

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: