Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 10:00 AM   #1
lana772
Disneyland Lover

Arguing less?

A few years back I was on DISboards frequently. The arguing was horrible. People seemed to fight over simple things. I don't mean debating either. I mean down right fighting. It just got to be too much for me. I deleted the account that I used and stayed away for awhile. Then wanting to see if anything was new, I started this account and looked around a bit. The arguing was still going on at that time, so I stayed away a much longer time.
A few months back I saw an app ad for DIS and decided to see if my account would work through my phone. Obviously it does. I now seem to be obsessing with it. -in a good way.

Well, this morning it dawned on me that the arguing seems to have mellowed a bit. There are a few names I recognize from before that still think it's their way or the highway, but for the most part people are taking opinions for what they are and are being very excepting of others ideas. This I really like.
Does anyone else notice this mellowing or am I just getting thicker skinned?

BTW- I also recognize some names of some absolutely wonderful dis-ers that give some fantastic advice. I remember way back when (spring 2009) when someone (still here) talked me into trying the GCH. To them I say THANK YOU! That changed my view of DL forever.
lana772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:40 PM   #2
lana772
Disneyland Lover

I'm posting a reply to my own thread, because I now believe I am just thicker skinned than I was before.
It's vacation people... just have fun.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DISBoards
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #3
larina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lana772
I'm posting a reply to my own thread, because I now believe I am just thicker skinned than I was before.
It's vacation people... just have fun.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DISBoards
Yes yes yes!!!
larina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #4
lana772
Disneyland Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by larina

Yes yes yes!!!
Haha.
It never ceases to amaze me at what some people will argue about.

Lana
Old 03-21-2013, 08:55 AM   #5
CourtFool
A Mouse in Llama Clothing

I have been on some other boards where I engaged in political and religious 'debates'. My perspective is going to be far from yours.
Disneyland November 1988
CourtFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:02 PM   #6
lana772
Disneyland Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtFool
I have been on some other boards where I engaged in political and religious 'debates'. My perspective is going to be far from yours.
I bet. I'm not good at debating. I'm just too sensitive.

Lana
Old 03-21-2013, 01:13 PM   #7
lana772
Disneyland Lover

I am learning not to comment on some post. (I'm biting my lip on one now). There are just way to many people that think they are right and any other opinion is wrong. I wish people could accept that every situation/family is different and just because someone does something different than you doesn't make them wrong.
I'm not saying there isn't rights and wrongs. Just that if you don't have the exact same situation/family/taste that they do, don't try to "correct" them.

Lana
Old 03-22-2013, 08:13 AM   #8
CourtFool
A Mouse in Llama Clothing

This is something I have been thinking about lately. I think humans are driven by two conflicting desires. They want to 'fit in' and at the same time, they want to 'create others'. I do not think anyone would argue that people want to fit in. The 'creating others' is certainly up for debate. It just seems to me that we like to divide people into groups and specifically that not all groups are equal. In this thinking, it is important for one to be in the 'right' group and to demonstrate the errors of the 'wrong' group.

This is all my own personal theory and I think it important to add that I am working without a college education here. So what the hell do I know.
Disneyland November 1988
CourtFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #9
lana772
Disneyland Lover

I think that it a fantastic theory, college education or not! Why we want people to be/think the way we do I will never understand. How boring the world would be if we were all the same.
I'm glad that not everyone agrees with me on hotel choices. It makes more vacancies for me to choose from.

Lana
Old 03-22-2013, 11:57 PM   #10
Cinderpamela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lana772 View Post
I'm glad that not everyone agrees with me on hotel choices. It makes more vacancies for me to choose from.

Lana
Totally agree!! and when someone complains that DL or DCA is not any fun, then I need to think "Great!! that leaves more room for me!!" instead of trying to convert them!!

2014-November-Disneyland VGC 2013-Christmas at Aulani2012-November-Grand Cali 2012-July-Aulani 2011-1st trip to WDW-Christmas at Wilderness Lodge! 2010-Christmas-time@DLR and CLUB 33!! 2009-Christmas-time @ DLR 2008-Birthday @DLR 2007-PPH @ DLR
2005-DLH 1st Family Trip to DLR 1991-Spring Break Disneyland 1973-First trip to Disneyland
Cinderpamela is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: