Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 04:36 PM   #1
tarmand
DIS Cast Member
duh duh duh dum duh duh duh, weeee are the champions, weeee are the champions!!

Villa Resort Recommendations

There are 6 of us going to Orlando this summer. We may or may not go to Disney or Universal. My husband and my father want to go to the Daytona race. We have decided to go to Orlando where they can take the "NASBUS" to the race and the rest of us can play in Orlando.

I am looking for a villa resort that will have all of the amenities that we want.

For the kids:

Lazy River
Awesome Pool
Waterslide

For the adults:

Poolside refreshments (adult beverages)
private villa pool would be nice

Close to shopping, attractions and restaurants. We want the room of a villa, but do not plan to cook on vacation.

What would be the best option for the amenities mentioned above? We basically want a Disney moderate resort style pool and bar.

We have stayed at Windsor Hills in the past. But I think I'd like a better pool area this time.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #2
sympatico
DIS Veteran

I think the only place that meets all of your requirements is Reunion Resort. It has a waterpark pool area plus lots of other pools including one on the 10th or 11th floor of the Reunion Grande. The resort is huge with 3 golf courses, condos, townhouses and pool houses. You can rent directly from the resort (more expensive) or through owners on vrbo / homeaway.
Lindfields: twice, Lake Davenport, Venice hotel,Oak Plantation, St. Pete's Beach Hilton, Wyndham Cypress Palms, Pink Shell Fort Myers Beach, Liki Tiki Village, Grand Reserve, Rotonda Lakes near Port Charlotte,Windsor Hills: 5 times, Indian Creek (twice), Emerald Island (4 times), Reunion Resort (twice) Sunset Lakes, Crestwynd Bay, Briarwood in Naples
sympatico is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #3
tarmand
DIS Cast Member
duh duh duh dum duh duh duh, weeee are the champions, weeee are the champions!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sympatico View Post
I think the only place that meets all of your requirements is Reunion Resort. It has a waterpark pool area plus lots of other pools including one on the 10th or 11th floor of the Reunion Grande. The resort is huge with 3 golf courses, condos, townhouses and pool houses. You can rent directly from the resort (more expensive) or through owners on vrbo / homeaway.
I see that you have stayed at Liki Tiki. I just came across that in a search. How was it?
Old 02-12-2013, 05:50 AM   #4
sympatico
DIS Veteran

We stayed at Liki Tiki about 10 years ago. It was ok then but there is/was no lazy river. There was a kids play pool section with water slides but we only had babies with us so didn't use it much. From the pictures it looks like more stuff has been added and the rooms updated.
Lindfields: twice, Lake Davenport, Venice hotel,Oak Plantation, St. Pete's Beach Hilton, Wyndham Cypress Palms, Pink Shell Fort Myers Beach, Liki Tiki Village, Grand Reserve, Rotonda Lakes near Port Charlotte,Windsor Hills: 5 times, Indian Creek (twice), Emerald Island (4 times), Reunion Resort (twice) Sunset Lakes, Crestwynd Bay, Briarwood in Naples
sympatico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
CarolAnnB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sympatico View Post
If you rent thru a 3rd party, check first if the waterpark is included in their rental. Ours was not and we would have had to purchase in advance the days we wanted to go. I can't remember the price because to me it was way too high, practically the cost of going to an actual waterpark. It sounded to me like different owners had different privileges, so it may depend on who you rent from. Just FYI.

So sad ~ no countdown
CarolAnnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #6
JeRmS
Mouseketeer

may I suggest Holiday Inn Orange Lake Resort ..

Located on 192 near Disney Property close to Restaraunts and Shopping.

They have an area in the resort called River Island. Has two small(ish) but fun waterslides, a HUGE lazy river (extra cost to rent a tube, but you don't have to have one), and a nice large pool area. Adult beverages from two "tiki" bars, and a nice restaraunt/bar with great food selections.

They also have Mini Golf course and an additional area that has a giant 40Ft. Water slide, a euro-bungee, and a rock wall ... all of that is additional cost though! they do sell a "package deal" if you are staying multiple days!

You have to request River Island when you book to get a room near this area of the resort. The resort has other areas available, but you would have to drive over to the River Island.

Here are some photos:
Giant Waterslide

Part of the Lazy River, the lazy river is HUGE