Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 05:05 AM   #1
Happy Hannah
Earning My Ears

Choice of hotel...........?

Hello, thanks to all for replying to my queries ! What a great place I've found :D
We have previously stayed at the All Stars -Movies and Music which we loved and we loved the fact that we could jump on any of the all star coaches and get to our hotel! Plus the fact that they were so close that you could walk between the 3 to visit the attractions there, now my daughter wants to stay at the Art of Animation, do we try something new or return to something we know?? Is the Art of Anim within walking distance of the All Stars? So we could visit?? Have read that the Disney transport only goes to specific hotels, so couldn't hop between that way......? Price wise there really isn't that much difference...........it's quite a few years since we last visited and lots has happened, I now suffer from health problems so that has to be considered sadly...........thank you!! Chris x
T
Happy Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:31 AM   #2
Deno66
Dad is a Disney Nerd

If you stay at AoA, you can't walk to the All Stars but you can walk across the HourGlass lake (bridge) to Pop Century which is neat to visit. Also if you want to visit other resorts, you can go to one of the theme parks and then hop on the resort bus you want to visit. It may take a little while to get where you want to go but anywhere in Disney is a great place to be. We like to go visit the resorts on the monorail line.

5/2008 Pop
5/2011 POP/CBR
5/2012 POP/ POR
5/2013 POP:

Deno66 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #3
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Moving to the Resorts Board

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #4
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Welcome to the Boards!
If you liked the theming of AS Music and Movies, you'll love Art of Animation and Pop too. They each have their own bus system but you could walk between them via the bridge described by the previous poster.
For a mid-day break from the Parks, you could always take a bus to All Stars for a break and lunch and then return to the Park. I think you will be pleased by AOA and Pop! Very similar to All Stars in terms of "BIG" theme icons!
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:58 PM   #5
carly chloe
DIS Veteran

Remember the only regular rooms at AOA are in the Mermaid section which is the farthest building from the food court and buses. These values have more people too- POP holds a thousand more people (and we could tell).
Old 02-09-2013, 07:48 PM   #6
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

I would suggest reserving a room a Pop, not AoA. The rate is cheaper, the place is super, and all you need is to cross the lake bridge to enter AoA. You could have your meal at either food court, and you could enjoy the decorations just as much as if you stayed there.

We stayed at Pop in November and had a wonderful time. It's nice along the lake, a feature the All Star Resorts didn't have. We usually stayed at Moderates, but we will be back to Pop again. The picture below shows AoA and Pop, with the bridge across the lake. The LM regular rooms at AoA are at the very top, as PP mentioned, farthest from the Main Bldg. It's OK for me, others were concerned about the walk. Sorry the pic shows AoA still under construction, missing 2 pools and landscaping. I haven't found a newer aerial view yet.

POOHsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:18 AM   #7
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

You definitely can not walk to the all stars from AoA but you can walk over the bridge to Pop. Personally I think I go with AoA. It's a newer resort and from what I saw when we were there in Dec AoA does not share a bus with any other resort to and from the parks like all star does. That alone is a huge plus over the all stars.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: