Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 04:32 PM   #196
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

Wow! How nice to receive park hoppers. Awesome job, Stitchandangel!

Glad to hear things are looking up

Tiger
Tiger926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #197
ASJMom
Earning My Ears

Awesome....

How wonderful that things are finally going in a better direction for you both. I've been reading the last couple of days and this has been on my mind. God bless you!

ASJMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #198
klass3
Mouseketeer

So glad she's better.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #199
IndigoMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollipop's Mom View Post
It gets better! Corner ground floor princess room!!! I started to cry! Lol
Quote:
Stitchandangel is our angel! He came to our room with free park hoppers for thurs and Friday! It motivated my dd to eat a few French fries and a bit of chicken to get her strength back! Thank you!!!
Yay!

So glad she's feeling better.

Anni
IndigoMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #200
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

So glad she is doing better. She will have fun riding the scooter. StitchandAngel-you are sooooo awesome! Way to go-using your pixie dust to get PH for them!

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #201
Cisco0214
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigalTchelet
So glad she is doing better. She will have fun riding the scooter. StitchandAngel-you are sooooo awesome! Way to go-using your pixie dust to get PH for them!
I would not use the scooter for long. Try to get her to walk some too...that is if she was in good shape before for a 16 year old. Have fun
Cisco0214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #202
DebbieOBX
Mouseketeer

~Dreams really do come true~

I feel better knowing so many cared, and that both of you are doing better.

: )
DebbieOBX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #203
cinjam
When will we go again???? Why in April, of course!

I've been lurking since you posted Saturday morning. I am so happy that things are looking up for you. You daughter sounds like an awesome kid. Hope things continue to improve for you!! Cindy
cinjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #204
stichandangel
Earning My Ears

Today I got a chance to hang out with them. And all I can say is I'm so happy I'm helping them. They were both amazingly sweet and welcoming. The daughter in bed just shining a smile and you could see her motivation to get better kick into over drive. And I've never meet such a selfless family before. All they want is for her to feel better and enjoy the rest of their vacation. And I cannot wait to see them again before they leave to see how she is doing.
stichandangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #205
mad madam mim78
DIS Veteran

So glad things are getting better. NOW let your memories begin!
mad madam mim78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #206
Lollipop's Mom
Special trip with your little one ~~ PRICELESS!

Thanks everyone. We scooted over to French quarter and the fresh air felt amazing. We love this resort. It's amazing how good fresh air felt after being cooped up in a hotel or hospital room for days. She managed to et a very tiny bit tonight.

Sept 2015 - Disney Wonder Hawaii
Sept 2014 - Caribbean Beach Resort
Dec 2013 - Disneyland
May 2013 -Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean
March 2013 -AKL Jambo Studio & AKL Jambo Concierge, & POR Princess Room
March 2012 -Disney Wonder Mexico
March 2012 - Disneyland
May 2011 - Disney Wonder Alaska
Apr 2010 - Disneyland
Jan 2010 -Disneyland
Jan 2009 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean
Jan 2009 - POFQ
Jan 2008 - POP
April 2007 - Disneyland
Sept 2000 - Disneyland
Jan 2000 -BWV Studio
Sept 1994 - All Star Sports
April 1977 -Contemporary

Lollipop's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #207
figment52
Oh man, I checked out the website only to discover that I am Older than Peeps!

Quote:
Thanks everyone. We scooted over to French quarter and the fresh air felt amazing. We love this resort. It's amazing how good fresh air felt after being cooped up in a hotel or hospital room for days. She managed to et a very tiny bit tonight.
I've been followng since the first day. I'm so happy your daughter is feeling better. You both need to rest now and gain your strength back.
figment52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #208
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Is the insurance company being cooperative? What do they say to do about your cruise?
Old 02-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #209
believinthemagic
Mouseketeer

I've been following along on this thread but haven't posted until now. Just wanted to say I'm so glad to hear that your daughter is feeling better. We were on the fantasy last month and two of our three kids picked up a virus and spent 12 hours vomiting about every half hour. I have to say that the stress of just that one day was hard enough...I can only begin to imagine the stress you've been through over these last days.

Like you we found that Disney CM are so very helpful when you are in need. Poor housekeeping had to come to our room at 1AM and completely change the bed when my 6 yr old didn't get up before she lost it we also got a call the next day from guest services asking how they were feeling.

Hope you can begin to enjoy things. Take Care
Many trips as a kid- Ft. WildernessJan 2000- offsiteJan 2001- Treehouse VillasJanuary 2002- PolynesianJanuary 2003 All Star MoviesNovember 2003- Disney Cruise & All Star MoviesFebruary 2005 - Port Orleans FQFebruary 2006 - All Star MoviesJune 2007- All Star MoviesOctober 2008 - Port Orleans FQOctober 2009- Port Orleans FQNovember 2010 - Port Orleans RiversideJanuary 2012- Port Orleans FQJanuary 2013 Cruise on Disney Fantasy
believinthemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #210
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am soo glad to hear she is doing better. Also glad that your were able to make lemonade when lemons were thrown at you, as the saying goes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stichandangel View Post
Today I got a chance to hang out with them. And all I can say is I'm so happy I'm helping them. They were both amazingly sweet and welcoming. The daughter in bed just shining a smile and you could see her motivation to get better kick into over drive. And I've never meet such a selfless family before. All they want is for her to feel better and enjoy the rest of their vacation. And I cannot wait to see them again before they leave to see how she is doing.
Thank you for helping a family in need, people like you restore my faith in people. You are truly an amazing person

Quote:
Originally Posted by believinthemagic View Post
Like you we found that Disney CM are so very helpful when you are in need. Poor housekeeping had to come to our room at 1AM and completely change the bed when my 6 yr old didn't get up before she lost it we also got a call the next day from guest services asking how they were feeling.
sounds like you got excellent service too. Or maybe I was the unlucky one... A few years ago, my son was also sick while at the resort unfortunately we had to wait hrs for the maid to bring extra sheets, blanket, towel, garbage bags. They just brought extra, did not come in to clean. We end up cleaning the bathroom floor with shampoo (thankfully he "missed" the carpet).

A long sleepless night, missed Cinderella's Royal Table the next day , DH took twins to the park while I stayed in the room with DS. Then my back went out couldn't move for 2 days!! Not once did we hear from GS.
March 2011- All Star Sports + 1st trip to US offsite
Oct 2011 - Dream + POP + MNSSHP
March 2012 - US offsite + DTD shopping spree (I need my fix )
Feb 2013 - Disneyland off site 1st time!
March 2014 - DCL Dream
Blanche_Neige is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: