Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 04:20 PM   #16
Minnie Momma
Mouseketeer

Love the pic of him giving you a kiss

By the way --- my name is Carole. Since we seem to have good conversations we might as well be on a first name basis

Body glide.... hmmmmm...... guess I'll have to think about it. Sounds so slippery!

And we are not nuts/need help with our Disney obsession ---- we're perfectly abnormal!!!

The Wilderness Must Be Explored (for 15 days!)- A Mother/Daughter Trip!
Minnie Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:00 PM   #17
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Momma View Post
Love the pic of him giving you a kiss

By the way --- my name is Carole. Since we seem to have good conversations we might as well be on a first name basis

Body glide.... hmmmmm...... guess I'll have to think about it. Sounds so slippery!

And we are not nuts/need help with our Disney obsession ---- we're perfectly abnormal!!!
Thanks! I kinda kicked myself for not giving him a kiss. Earlier in the day we had a CM tell him to give me a kiss on the cheek. This time the CM just said 'how about a kiss?' and I gave him the cheek. Oh well. I was not too fond of the pics anyway. I am just way too self conscious. I think I look so HUGE in all the photos.

My name is Elizabeth, nice to meet you Carole.

Body glide is not slippery. It actually reminds me more of a glue stick. Its basically just a really thick anti-persperant. I didn't try just using regular under arm anti-persperant and maybe that would work. I got mine on a runner's site. I occasionally get emails from them now and I think to myself 'how on earth did i get on that mailing list?' then I remember. I am sooo not a runner.

I agree I don't think anything is wrong with me. We didn't get to see everything last time we went and I was so sore even if they said 'you can stay 5 more days free' while I would have been very tempted I hurt so bad and was so tired I am not sure I would have...okay I would have but still...Maybe once I've seen everything, I will be able to hold off longer.

I got on the scale this morning, twice, and got the same weight, so I think our scale is fine. I wonder if its just because DH is a higher weight or if he's leaning and not realizing it or what. I think i am going to order a nicer scale online anyway. The one we have is a Walmart cheapy so I dont really want to replace it with another cheapy. But I think our current one is pretty accurate. I got an even 206 pounds this morning! While that's only down .8 from the beginning of the month that's better than nothing. I think its going to take me longer than I want though. I was really hoping for a December trip. I guess we'll see.

Today I did my morning exercises and I am under calories again at 1460. I fear tomorrow I will be over since DH and I are talking about going out to eat. Not sure what we will have. I also didn't walk the dog because I went grocery shopping after work and when I got home it was dark already. I have a horrid headache anyway. I know looking at a computer doesn't help.

Okay picture time!

I want opinions on these please. This is one of my favorite pictures that I took on the safari at AK but I wish it wasn't so blurry but at the same time I kind of like it. I want to get a print but I can't decide which is best.

Original:

color crop:

black and white crop:

Which do you like best? Originally my thought was to put this in the future nursery of our child but I'm trying to let go of that idea and I want to get the print for me for the living room. I think black and white might 'go' best with our decor but I can't decide. I even kind of like the original one best maybe a tiny bit more cropped but less cropped than the other two? Hrmm...

DH is BELOW GOAL!! I have 6 lbs to go!!!!
NightAngelX is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 04:22 AM   #18
dbrn
Mouseketeer

I like the black and white best.
dbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:38 AM   #19
Minnie Momma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngelX View Post

My name is Elizabeth, nice to meet you Carole.

'how on earth did i get on that mailing list?' then I remember. I am sooo not a runner.

they said 'you can stay 5 more days free'

I got an even 206 pounds this morning! While that's only down .8 from the beginning of the month that's better than nothing.

I fear tomorrow I will be over since DH and I are talking about going out to eat. Not sure what we will have.

Original:
Nice to meet you too Elizabeth

Don't you just love getting on mailing lists? And running is NOT my idea of a good time. My DD has enjoyed it, but she is the only one in the family.

If someone ever said I can have 5 more days free I would do it in a heartbeat! The resorts have so much to offer, even just lounging around the pool would be great!

Losing weight is losing weight. Just keep going down!

Just a thought for dinner --- portions are always too big -- perhaps DH will consider splitting a meal? Have a big salad and stay away from anything creamy. Our Valentines tradition is Pizza Hut. Exciting, right? Well, when we first got married we were broke so Pizza Hut was a huge treat. it stuck with us all these years -- 23+ !!! So I will get a thin crust loaded with veggies and stop myself at two slices. I hope......

I like pic #1 the best. I feel that when you crop it too closely it loses too much of the unique background.

Have a great day!

Old 02-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #20
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrn View Post
I like the black and white best.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Momma View Post

Just a thought for dinner --- portions are always too big -- perhaps DH will consider splitting a meal? Have a big salad and stay away from anything creamy. Our Valentines tradition is Pizza Hut. Exciting, right? Well, when we first got married we were broke so Pizza Hut was a huge treat. it stuck with us all these years -- 23+ !!! So I will get a thin crust loaded with veggies and stop myself at two slices. I hope......

I like pic #1 the best. I feel that when you crop it too closely it loses too much of the unique background.
Thanks! We went out for dinner on Valentine's and didn't worry about calories. I consider birthdays and holidays as definite cheat days. I don't think i could stay on a diet without them. But I agree portion control is key. Have pizza but not have an ENTIRE pizza. Funny you mention pizza hut. I was looking at their nutrition information the other day and their thin crust is the same calories as hand tossed for their cheese pizza (which is what I eat). I was looking at it to see how many calories are in those new sliders. Those are basically the same as eating a single slice of large of a similar pizza. I guess it can help with portion control I suppose but I think I'd rather just have a slice of pizza than a slider.

Anyway enough about pizza!

About the non-cropped picture. I like the background as well. I was just trying to get a better shot of the elephants but they dont look any better close up than far away. I may play with the non-cropped picture a bit.

I have been doing my morning exercises and walking the dog daily besides the grocery store day. I weighed myself today and I was down a pound from my last 'official' weigh in. However that was 2 weeks ago so Then i went to update my ticker and turns out I had put the wrong weight on the darn ticker! I don't know why but i put 204.6 instead of 206.4. Boo..So when I put in 205 my percentage went down.

Picture time...

Here is DH and I again at DHS:

and more elephants...(have I told you guys I love elephants? )

Old 02-16-2013, 06:01 PM   #21
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

I received my 2013 WDW planning dvd in the mail today!! I signed up for it awhile ago.

I am such a dork I literally got goosebumps when I opened it and read

"The Fantasy Awaits Lastname Family"

What is wrong with me??

Old 02-16-2013, 06:50 PM   #22
Minnie Momma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I received my 2013 WDW planning dvd in the mail today!! I signed up for it awhile ago.

I am such a dork I literally got goosebumps when I opened it and read

"The Fantasy Awaits Lastname Family"

What is wrong with me??
We got ours in the mail the other day too!! And we had the same reaction. Did you watch it yet?

Old 02-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #23
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

MinnieMomma-I have not watched my DVD yet. I want DH to watch it with me. He is less enthusiastic about watching it.

Meanwhile sorry I have been MIA. I've been good, I promise! Floor exercises and dog walking daily but its gotten bitterly cold again so they are short dog walks. I can't wait for it to warm up! I shouldnt use that as an excuse though. I should start doing more indoor exercises. Gotta get my butt in Disney gear! Not literally..though Mickey workout clothes would help.

In better news since I've already lost 15 lbs since December first I went ahead and bought myself a 50 dollar Disney gift card!!!! I got it at target and used my red card so I could get 5% off. YaY!!! 50 dollars closer to Disney!!!

Now for picture time...these are photopass pics from my album. Its me meeting Mickey and Minnie for the first time ever!!!! I was so excited. I filmed a little boy's first meeting with Mickey and Minnie for his parents right before me and I gave them their cell phone back and they initially thought I was with that family and i was like 'oh no! I'm next!' Dh said he saw me and said it looked like I cry or something when they tried to wave me past.

But I got to meet them!!!

And yes we talked to them...DH congratulated Mickey on his business venture doing so well...

Okay time for bed! Have a wonderful day all!!!

Old 02-20-2013, 04:21 PM   #24
Minnie Momma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
MinnieMomma-I have not watched my DVD yet. I want DH to watch it with me. He is less enthusiastic about watching it.

Gotta get my butt in Disney gear! Not literally..though Mickey workout clothes would help.

50 dollars closer to Disney!!!

And yes we talked to them...DH congratulated Mickey on his business venture doing so well...
Can you even IMAGINE not wanting to watch the DVD?!?!!?!??!?!

Mickey workout clothes would be FABULOUS!!!!! I wear my various t-shirts to do workouts. Not exactly the same,but, they sure are fun to wear!

15 down and closer to WDW --- go Elizabeth!!!!

Mickey is doing quite well in the business world...

Old 02-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #25
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

I weighed in today! Down to 203.8!!! Wooohoo! Finally some movement! I also took measurements (i measure myself once per month) and while I won't bore you with all the measurements my waist and bust is down a full inch and a half inch off nearly everything else I measure. YaY! So excited!

Also I've been realizing some non-scale victories. When i was at 220 (and above) it was starting to get hard to put my socks and shoes on. Not too difficult, but enough to be frustrated by it. But a week or so ago I was putting on socks and shoes and realized how easy it was.

Then last year when I was doing fertility treatments often times my wedding ring was so tight it would hurt and leave red marks. I honestly thought about getting them resized bigger because I feared if I got pregnant they might have to be cut off. However now they are so big they are moving around sometimes (but they fit most of the time).

Oh and DH is down 4 lbs!!!! So we are on our way!

We watched the Disney planning DVD yesterday and as awesome as it is I was a little disappointed. It wasn't very different from last year's. I was hoping for more Fantasyland and other new stuff. Oh well. It was still good and got me excited.

I'm not sure we will make our goal by the end of the year but I really hope we can go the first week in December. Even DH really liked all the holiday stuff on the DVD. Then today there was a free download on Amazon for Disney Christmas Magic: The Ultimate Insider's Guide to Spending the Holidays at Walt Disney World. So i downloaded that. I told DH and he said 'its going to be a long year.'

Oh and we were talking about future trips too. Like how we want to do holidays next but next time we want to do the spring garden event but hopefully go late enough to also hit the Star Wars Weekend. Then Halloween one year...

I may ask this question on another board, but when do they usually post all the holiday event dates?

I may even join the December 2013 roll call just to follow along and be updated on all things December just in case.

Old 02-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #26
Minnie Momma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I weighed in today! Down to 203.8!!! Wooohoo! Finally some movement! I also took measurements (i measure myself once per month) and while I won't bore you with all the measurements my waist and bust is down a full inch and a half inch off nearly everything else I measure. YaY! So excited!

Oh and DH is down 4 lbs!!!! So we are on our way!

We watched the Disney planning DVD yesterday and as awesome as it is I was a little disappointed. It wasn't very different from last year's. I was hoping for more Fantasyland and other new stuff. Oh well. It was still good and got me excited.
WOO HOO and CONGRATS!!!!!!

I thought the same thing about the DVD --- but it was still fun to watch!

Old 02-27-2013, 08:45 PM   #27
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Quick photo update of some images i just HAD to share with those on the DIS.

First today I bought some strawberries and the farm name is WISH farms and there is a little tinkerbell type fairy on the logo AND they are in Florida. Needless to say I HAD to buy them...immediately. and share a picture with all of you...

Then I was playing Guild Wars 2 tonight and decide to check out the trading post for a new staff for my elementalist and lo and behold what do i find...a staff with a 'hidden' Mickey!!!! I put it in quotes because I think its rather overt but I have an addiction. What do you all think??

While I play I get to see it like this:

Great day! I am doing great on calories and exercise and Disney on the brain obviously.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:39 PM   #28
Minnie Momma
Mouseketeer

Gotta love the Hidden Mickeys we find in everyday life!!!!

Old 02-28-2013, 10:29 PM   #29
DisneyMagicMomma
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to say hi! I just started my own journal and I found yours while I was looking around. Congratulations to you and hubby for the weight loss so far! Woooot! I'll be following along. Best of luck on your journey.

Ps. Pizza and Disney are my addictions. Contradicting addictions, but... Hey, I'm working on it. Hehehe DH SOOOO doesn't get why I talk about Disney so much. HE is obviously the one with an issue!

~ T i f f a n y

WDW- 1/2007, 5/2010, anticipating 10/2014 After graduation of nursing school
DisneyMagicMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:49 AM   #30
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMagicMomma View Post
Just wanted to say hi! I just started my own journal and I found yours while I was looking around. Congratulations to you and hubby for the weight loss so far! Woooot! I'll be following along. Best of luck on your journey.

Ps. Pizza and Disney are my addictions. Contradicting addictions, but... Hey, I'm working on it. Hehehe DH SOOOO doesn't get why I talk about Disney so much. HE is obviously the one with an issue!
Welcome DisneyMagicMomma! Thanks for following along! I see that you have a trip planned in the future, when exactly are you going? (sorry its early) I am really hoping to have the weight lost by December so I can go then.

Pizza and Disney are good addictions in my book. There are so many worse things to be addicted to. I don't get people who don't want to go to Disney. Makes no sense to me. And I have pizza once a week. I just don't eat a whole one like I used to. I will follow along on your journal too!

Meanwhile yesterday I weighed in at 202.8! Which was awesome but then today it is down to 201.4! I am not sure what to use for my starting March weight. lol Oh well as long as it keeps going down I am happy.

I will have to change my ticker tonight! :D

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: