Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #1
Happy Hannah
Earning My Ears

WDW with no car.......??

Hello!
Have decided to visit WDW hopefully later this year ? October time, but for medical reasons I won't be driving, anyone got any tips on getting around ( mobility is a bit of an issue too ) Will be staying on Disney so will be using the transport there, just wondering about Universal /Seaworld etc??? Any help will be greatly appreciated , many thanks!!!
Christine x
Happy Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
MichelleWDWfan
Mouseketeer

I always go to disney without a car.
I use Disney transportation and once in a while a taxi to get around, if I have an early morning dining reservation.

I know there are companies that rent scooters at Disney, they will deliver it to your resort. Lots of ppl use them!

Hopefully others will post that can give you more info on that.

Me DS 18

March 2009 - AS Movies, March 2010 = POP, August 2010 - POP, March 2011 - POP,
Dec 2011 - POP (MVMCP), July 2012 - POR, March 2013 - POP, Sept 2013 - POP (MNSSHP), March 2014 - AS Sports
MichelleWDWfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 11:27 AM   #3
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Hannah View Post
Hello!
Have decided to visit WDW hopefully later this year ? October time, but for medical reasons I won't be driving, anyone got any tips on getting around ( mobility is a bit of an issue too ) Will be staying on Disney so will be using the transport there, just wondering about Universal /Seaworld etc??? Any help will be greatly appreciated , many thanks!!!
Christine x
Hello Christine, and to the DIS!

The previous poster (PP) is correct - there are many scooter/ECV companies in the area you can rent from. A great place to get information is right here on the DIS on our disABILITIES Forum. There, you can find info on what companies will deliver to WDW resorts, what rides require you to transfer from the ECV to a wheelchair, etc. Lots of good information there!

I used an ECV on our last trip (had a badly sprained ankle I'm still recovering from) and believe me, it made things much easier! If you have other questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #4
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Agree with PP - if you need to rent scooters/wheelchairs, better to rent from off-site and have delivered to your resort. Disney prices are very high.

As far as needing a car, we haven't had a car on Disney property in the last 7 trips, and I prefer it that way. Disney's transportation makes me feel like I am on vacation as opposed to having to drive everywhere.

As far as Universal goes, there are passes you can buy that include transportation from Disney property for the day. You can find that Info through the DIS - Look under "Universal Orlando" in the main header, and then ticketing. It really doesn't add a lot (perhaps $20) to the ticket price, and its a "no worry" situation. I do not know if Seaworld does the same thing.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR IN PROGRESS!!
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:23 AM   #5
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Welcome!
Old 02-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #6
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Moving to the Transportation Board.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:13 PM   #7
NE2
Earning My Ears

SeaWorld is easy enough to get to using the public #50 bus ($2 per person each way): golynx.com/plan-trip/route-details.stml?portalProcess_dd_0_1_1=showPublicPost ing&calendar_entry_id=1239
NE2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: