Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 01:03 AM   #61
ArielinWonderland
Mouseketeer

Are you allowed to pick up shifts if you are already scheduled for 40+ hours?

ArielinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:36 PM   #62
jordanri
i am disgruntled in every childhood photo from disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielinWonderland View Post
okay so this is BASICALLY how it works

straight time = under 40 hours
over time = over 40 hours

if you are over 40 hours and you pick up hours from someone else over 40 hours and they either stay ABOVE 40 hours it's fine because it's overtime for over time.

you can pick up from the hub, i believe, and sign up for extra hours. don't quote me on the last part, i was usually always at 40 on my last program and on my first i worked 50+ a lot...

2012 Disney College Program Children's Activities Hostess • 2012 Disney's Contemporary Resort & Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort • 2012 Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter Resort • 2012 Disney's Pop Century Resort • 2011 Disney College Program Attractions Hostess • 2011 Disney's Pop Century Resort • 2008 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort • 2004 Off-Site Band Trip • 2001 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort • 1999 Disney's Port Orleans Resort • 1997 Disney's Dixie Landings Resort • 1995 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort • 1994 Disney's Port Orleans Resort
jordanri is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #63
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielinWonderland View Post
Again a complicated answer.

You can pick up shifts from the Extra Hours Hotline, that will put you into overtime. But NOT from another cast member. So for example you are working 5 days and Joe wants to give you one of his days off. If taking Joe's shift will put you into overtime it will not be approved.

If you are interested in working more than 5 days a week or extra hours there is a place on the HUB that you can sign up and request to be scheduled more hours/days. Depending on your location's staffing needs it may or may not be approved.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:58 AM   #64
PrincessPenguin
Earning My Ears

So, here's a bit of an odd question. I'd love to do the CP if/when I go back to college, but I have back problems. Are there roles that are able to accommodate having to sit (in a chair, not like on Jungle Cruise) at least part of a shift?
Old 03-16-2013, 06:40 PM   #65
levenhopper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessPenguin View Post
So, here's a bit of an odd question. I'd love to do the CP if/when I go back to college, but I have back problems. Are there roles that are able to accommodate having to sit (in a chair, not like on Jungle Cruise) at least part of a shift?
Yup! Disney has a great accommodations department. They're sure to find something to work for you. The way it works: you get accepted, and then there is a form that you fill out, then have your doctor fill out (http://cdn.disneycareers.com/managed...dical_form.pdf). After that, the form gets submitted to WDW, and they review it. Then they'll be in contact with you to discuss accommodations.

Just remember that you only fill out and submit the form after you've been accepted and paid your deposit.

Hope this helps!
levenhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:04 PM   #66
ItsAllen
Earning My Ears

Can you participate in more than 1 role?
ItsAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #67
leeg229
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllen View Post
Can you participate in more than 1 role?
This is a bit of a complicated answer. If you get the hopper role then you could be trained to do several roles such as QSFB + Merch + Custodial etc... If you choose to extend your program then you could possibly extend into another role if it's available. If a medical issue arises during your program you may be allowed to switch roles. Otherwise, the role you get is it.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:57 AM   #68
ItsAllen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeg229 View Post
This is a bit of a complicated answer. If you get the hopper role then you could be trained to do several roles such as QSFB + Merch + Custodial etc... If you choose to extend your program then you could possibly extend into another role if it's available. If a medical issue arises during your program you may be allowed to switch roles. Otherwise, the role you get is it.
Thanks!
ItsAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:45 PM   #69
emcclay
Mouseketeer

How many CPs have checked in without knowing who their roommates were going to be? I think this is what I will end up doing in a couple weeks.

December 2003 - ASMu January 2008 - Wyndham BC October 2011 - CSR March 2012 - CSR January 2014 - BC
emcclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:08 PM   #70
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcclay View Post
How many CPs have checked in without knowing who their roommates were going to be? I think this is what I will end up doing in a couple weeks.
I have (I did for 3 of my CPs). I was lucky, and wound up with nice roomates
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:43 PM   #71
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

When my dd checked in, she had no idea who her roommates were going to be.

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise ΊoΊ '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:51 PM   #72
MainStreetPrincess
Earning My Ears

1) Would someone be able to rattle off some of the most requested attractions? (i know Jungle Cruise and ToT has been mentioned, but I would just like to know what a few more are) Also is Splash Mountain among the most requested?
2) I would reallllly rather work in Florida than Cali, would there be any way to ensure I'm in Florida?
3) If you request lifeguarding, can you request a water park? I've heard CPs normally just get resorts
--Thanks!!
MainStreetPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:29 PM   #73
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreetPrincess View Post
1) Would someone be able to rattle off some of the most requested attractions? (i know Jungle Cruise and ToT has been mentioned, but I would just like to know what a few more are) Also is Splash Mountain among the most requested?

2) I would reallllly rather work in Florida than Cali, would there be any way to ensure I'm in Florida?

3) If you request lifeguarding, can you request a water park? I've heard CPs normally just get resorts
--Thanks!!
1. Popularity is based upon personal preference. You're definitely on track for the most wanted attractions as it will be the spieling/particularly themed rides. I'd say Jungle Cruise, Kilimanjaro Safaris, and the Great Movie Ride for Spieling attractions. As far as regular attractions, it's going to be based upon what people favour in the end. Again, you're not ensured to get a location just because you request it, as they place based upon needs.

2. Don't apply for California. You have the option to apply for the Walt Disney World College Program and the Disneyland Resort College Program. Just forgo the latter, and it will save you any possble stress.

3. You're definitely allowed to request any location that you'd like, you're just not guaranteed that specific location. Placement is really based upon availability and needs at the time of your arrival. There's also the possibility of transferring areas in your role, but I haven't had it completely confirmed.

Have a Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #74
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Mainly a few questions pertaining to housing:

1. What is provided in the CP apartments? Are flatware and all pans? Televisions? (Roommate says that there's televisions available in the living/common area now)

2. What is required to get internet in the apartments?

3. Would you recommend bringing anything additional? Vacuums?

4. How exactly does rent work? Is it the more roommates the cheaper the rent? How do you figure a cost? How many roommates is recommended?

5. What resources/information is available on housing?

Thanks, and Have a Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #75
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRadcliffe View Post
Mainly a few questions pertaining to housing:

1. What is provided in the CP apartments? Are flatware and all pans? Televisions? (Roommate says that there's televisions available in the living/common area now)

2. What is required to get internet in the apartments?

3. Would you recommend bringing anything additional? Vacuums?

4. How exactly does rent work? Is it the more roommates the cheaper the rent? How do you figure a cost? How many roommates is recommended?

5. What resources/information is available on housing?

Thanks, and Have a Magical Day!
1. Quite a lot is provided (including plates, silverware, and pots/pans). And as far as I'm aware, TVs are not provided

2. You will need a router

3. I wouldn't bring a vacuum, as you can borrow one from the clubhouse at Housing

4. The bigger the apartment (and more roomates), the cheaper rent will be. Vista is the cheapest complex, then Chatham, with Patterson being the most expensive.

5. I'm sure things will be online. Then when you arrive, info will be in the guidebook you receive at checkin
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: