Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 05:42 PM   #31
leeg229
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielinWonderland View Post
Question...
For the roles of character attendant and/or PhotoPass photographer, are you placed in one park or do you rotate? I know in Disneyland, PhotoPass photographers worked in both parks, and I am curious if it's the same way in WDW.
Those are two of my top choices (the third is BBB/Pirates League).
Thanks!
I'm not sure about character attendant, but I know for photopass you're assigned to a single park. I don't know if you can pick up shifts in other parks because I know there are certain things you can't take pictures of and certain magic shots that only work in certain parks but I could be wrong about that.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:24 PM   #32
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinlovesmickey View Post
Do all of the apartment complexes have gyms?
From what I can figure, most have gyms with Vista Way being the "main" gym. The CPInterns Gyms video gives you an idea, not too large.

Also, found the Housing Overview from 2012 if anyone is interested.

Have a Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #33
PrincessKaren
Earning My Ears

Hi! I have a question that I haven't seen much info on.
I live 45 minutes away from Disneyland. If I were to get accepted to DCP at Disneyland and live in the apartment complex there, could I drive home on my days off to see my family and what not?
PrincessKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:27 PM   #34
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaren View Post
Hi! I have a question that I haven't seen much info on.
I live 45 minutes away from Disneyland. If I were to get accepted to DCP at Disneyland and live in the apartment complex there, could I drive home on my days off to see my family and what not?
Hello Karen!

It's perfectly acceptable to drive home on your days off, or really go anywhere you please while off. It really falls under the same rules as "If I have the day off at WDW can I fly home" question as you're perfectly fine in doing so.

There might also be a possibility of living off-site for Disneyland as there is WDW, but I'm not too sure.

Have a Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
Old 03-01-2013, 10:39 PM   #35
PrincessKaren
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRadcliffe View Post
Hello Karen!

It's perfectly acceptable to drive home on your days off, or really go anywhere you please while off. It really falls under the same rules as "If I have the day off at WDW can I fly home" question as you're perfectly fine in doing so.

There might also be a possibility of living off-site for Disneyland as there is WDW, but I'm not too sure.

Have a Magical Day!
Thank you so much for your quick reply
One reason I want to do DCP is to get away from home, but not be too far. I also looked at other apartments nearby since I do have cats, but they are much more expensive
I'm sure living there will be a blast though, and a part of the overall experience.

Thanks again
PrincessKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:27 PM   #36
Disneyfan19
Earning My Ears

quick question

Hello, I have my phone interview for the Disney College Program today, I just was curious about something. I am 32 years old, and I was just wondering if there were certain apartments, for people a little older then 18-21 year olds.

Thanks,
Erik
Disneyfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #37
Lyanne and Stitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan19 View Post
Hello, I have my phone interview for the Disney College Program today, I just was curious about something. I am 32 years old, and I was just wondering if there were certain apartments, for people a little older then 18-21 year olds.

Thanks,
Erik
There are really only two kinds of apartments:

Wellness (Under 21 - No alcohol allowed)
Non-wellness (21 and over)

If you're interesting in rooming with someone that's around your age, I suggest trying to meet someone before hand and then checking in together to live in the same apartment.

Hope that helps.

Lyanne and Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:17 PM   #38
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielinWonderland View Post
Question...
For the roles of character attendant and/or PhotoPass photographer, are you placed in one park or do you rotate? I know in Disneyland, PhotoPass photographers worked in both parks, and I am curious if it's the same way in WDW.
Those are two of my top choices (the third is BBB/Pirates League).
Thanks!
For CA, you are based in one park. However, as long as the shift doesn't require special training (like for Enchanted Tales with Belle, inside with Merida, ect) you can pick up shifts at the other parks. I'm based at MK, but I've picked up shifts at Epcot, DHS, and even a shift at Fort Wilderness. It can be a lot of fun working elsewhere

Photopass is the same way. You are based in one park, but I'm pretty sure you can pick up extra hours as long as you have the training (you need to be trained to work with characters, as it doesn't happen right away)
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:19 PM   #39
lego606
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hello Karen!

Have a Magical Day!
Yep, you can live off-site, but you need to specify that in the interview(!)
Old 03-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #40
StaceyM
Earning My Ears

Can anyone give some insight on Main Entrance Operations?

I just got accepted as MEO ^^ and was wondering what all it might entail. I know I could get stuck out working in the parking lot but I wanted to know what else I could be doing. Is it different based on which park you're in? Im at WDW and wasnt sure if Epcot would be different from the main park etc. Ive only actually been to Disney that I can remember a couple of times.
StaceyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #41
lego606
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceyM View Post
Can anyone give some insight on Main Entrance Operations?

I just got accepted as MEO ^^ and was wondering what all it might entail. I know I could get stuck out working in the parking lot but I wanted to know what else I could be doing. Is it different based on which park you're in? Im at WDW and wasnt sure if Epcot would be different from the main park etc. Ive only actually been to Disney that I can remember a couple of times.
MEO has 2 parts, the parking area and the gate area. You'll be told which one you're when you go to Casting.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:30 AM   #42
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

I know it's answered every CP season, but I'm curious if things have changed...

What's the best deal when traveling to Orlando International Airport (MCO) for the DCP?

Where's the best place to stay the night before if someone decides to fly in the night before check-in? I've heard a lot of things about the Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista since it's right across the street from Vista Way, behind the Walgreens. Supposedly they give CP discounts, which I don't know if it is still true. I've also heard of several CP's staying on WDW property since there's the Magical Express.

The only real concern is getting to Vista Way from the Airport, really. The other thing I'm not so sure about is getting from a WDW resort to Vista Way, which is why I ask. Just thought I'd ask before calling Holiday Inn about an Airport Shuttle.

Thanks!

Have a Magical Day!

―Walt Disney
Old 03-06-2013, 01:02 AM   #43
leeg229
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I know it's answered every CP season, but I'm curious if things have changed...

What's the best deal when traveling to Orlando International Airport (MCO) for the DCP?

Where's the best place to stay the night before if someone decides to fly in the night before check-in? I've heard a lot of things about the Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista since it's right across the street from Vista Way, behind the Walgreens. Supposedly they give CP discounts, which I don't know if it is still true. I've also heard of several CP's staying on WDW property since there's the Magical Express.

The only real concern is getting to Vista Way from the Airport, really. The other thing I'm not so sure about is getting from a WDW resort to Vista Way, which is why I ask. Just thought I'd ask before calling Holiday Inn about an Airport Shuttle.

Thanks!

Have a Magical Day!
First I'd like to say I'm curious about the Holiday inn discount for CPs also.

I think on the transportation front you're stuck with paying either the shuttle from MCO to the Holiday Inn or from WDW property to Vista via Taxi. Honestly I think it's better to get the shuttle from MCO to the Holiday Inn, but that's just my opinion. The only reason I didn't stay there my first program was because one of me exes was a manager at a marriott and she was able to give me a crazy good discount at the marriott near the commons, plus I had a car to get me to Vista from there.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #44
nerdydisneygirl90
Earning My Ears

I was wondering is it completely necessary to bring a laptop/computer with you to the DCP. My laptop is the only working computer in my house so I doubt I'll be allowed to bring it. So is it ok not to bring one?
nerdydisneygirl90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:31 AM   #45
Lyanne and Stitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdydisneygirl90 View Post
I was wondering is it completely necessary to bring a laptop/computer with you to the DCP. My laptop is the only working computer in my house so I doubt I'll be allowed to bring it. So is it ok not to bring one?
It's not completely necessary! Each apartment complex has a computer lab so if you ever need to use a computer, you could use those.

Lyanne and Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: