Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #136
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielinWonderland View Post
Question about Chatham Square... I assume there is a cable hookup in the living area, but is there also cable in the bedrooms?

Thanks!
Yes

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 08-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #137
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherrieboom View Post
I am supposed to arrive on August 5th but some family medical problems recently came up and I am unable to go anymore. Should I let them know that I'm not coming anymore and if so, how? Also, I forgot my information for my dashboard and everytime I try to have it sent to my email it won't do it. It gives you the option to put in your email or your unique sting. Does anyone more what that is?
You should call them. I can't think of the number right now but you should have it on an email somewhere. Or just ask on one of the Facebook groups. They won't refund your fee but will be understanding and ask you to apply again.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #138
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmichelle View Post
Has anyone done DCP after they graduated college?

Thoughts?
I did! I did my last 2 CPs (CP + extension) after I was done with school. As long as you are currently enrolled in college, you can do the CP after you graduate
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:17 PM   #139
AliSW
\

for your work location training, does everyone have the first day as a park/whatever orientation? and is that usually in the morning? like I had discovery day for Epcot and I feel like it had to be in the morning but I don't know haha.
AliSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #140
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliSW View Post
for your work location training, does everyone have the first day as a park/whatever orientation? and is that usually in the morning? like I had discovery day for Epcot and I feel like it had to be in the morning but I don't know haha.
Not always. On one of my CPs, I had the park orientation after my role training had started
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #141
rgpcmom
Earning My Ears

Question Didn't pass lifeguard test

Hi, does anyone know what happens if you were supposed to be placed as a lifeguard but do not pass the test? Will you be offered another position or will you be told to go home?
Thanks in advance.
rgpcmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #142
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgpcmom View Post
Hi, does anyone know what happens if you were supposed to be placed as a lifeguard but do not pass the test? Will you be offered another position or will you be told to go home?
Thanks in advance.
They will offer you another position. However that will be your only choice and if you don't want that job you have to go home.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #143
reblog
Earning My Ears

Hey guys! I'm planning on doing either Spring or Fall 2014 at DLR

So, I was wondering if you're able to extend from Spring to Fall like you can at WDW. My friend who did DLR CP back in 2011 said that you can't extend at DLR, but I was wondering if that's changed since then?

Also, someone else on the boards told me that now you'll only get an offer for WDW OR DLR, not for both if you apply for both. So, if I really prefer DLR over WDW, should I only apply to DLR?

Thanks so much guys
reblog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #144
ArielinWonderland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reblog View Post
Hey guys! I'm planning on doing either Spring or Fall 2014 at DLR

So, I was wondering if you're able to extend from Spring to Fall like you can at WDW. My friend who did DLR CP back in 2011 said that you can't extend at DLR, but I was wondering if that's changed since then?

Also, someone else on the boards told me that now you'll only get an offer for WDW OR DLR, not for both if you apply for both. So, if I really prefer DLR over WDW, should I only apply to DLR?

Thanks so much guys
The answer to your first question is no, you cannot extend your program at DLR. However, you can apply to stay on after the program as a CT or CR. If you do that, you will have to find your own housing and will be a regular cast member.

You can apply to both programs at the same time, and you can indicate a preference in your interview, but you will only get one offer. For my first program, I applied for both and requested WDW in my interview, but was offered DLR. For my second program (2 weeks from now!) I applied for both again but requested WDW, and that's where I'm going.

ArielinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #145
rgpcmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishes Count View Post
They will offer you another position. However that will be your only choice and if you don't want that job you have to go home.
Thank you!
rgpcmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:01 PM   #146
MizDisney513
Earning My Ears

I haven't gone through all 10 pages of this thread, so I'm sorry if this has been asked.

Do you know how important past job experience is when applying? I've only had a office type job, so nothing that would really prepare me much for a CP. I'm kinda worried about that influencing my chances of getting accepted in the future.

"All of our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."

"I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter."

MizDisney513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:35 AM   #147
PirateSnowmen
Bazinga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizDisney513 View Post
I haven't gone through all 10 pages of this thread, so I'm sorry if this has been asked.

Do you know how important past job experience is when applying? I've only had a office type job, so nothing that would really prepare me much for a CP. I'm kinda worried about that influencing my chances of getting accepted in the future.
From what I can tell, past job experience is not very important. I've seen many people say that they got in with no work experience at all. I've only had 2 short-term summer jobs and I got in just fine. I'm sure you can find something from that job that will help prepare you a little bit for the CP (work ethic, dealing with coworkers, etc.), so make sure to emphasize that in your interview. If you really can't come up with anything, don't worry too much about it.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #148
TrueDisney
DCP Hopeful

I originally had a thread up, but then I found this one.

So, let me introduce myself first. My name is Joe, and I will be a college freshman at the end of this month. I am both a Cast member at the Disney Store as well as a volunteer firefighter here in NJ. I am interested in applying for the DCP this September for Spring 2014. I've been reading up on all the phone interview tips and such, just with so many different threads to go through, I thought I may get more current answers by asking now.
So, here are my questions;
1) Is it much harder to get accepted as a freshman, or is it all based on experience in customer service and work background for your first year?
2) Does being a Disney Store CM help whatsoever in the application process.
3) Do phone interview questions change every year? I know each interview is different question-wise, but are there ever any questions that would really throw you off that those of you that've done the program were completely befuddled by?

Thanks guys!

~TD
TrueDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #149
AliSW
\

I think getting accepted is 90% the interview. your experience might only change what role you get but that's not even always true. I got accepted the first time with only having had a paper route haha.
I don't think the interview questions change much either. It depends on your role choices but the first questions are always something about why you want to work for Disney etc.. my second CP interview was only hard because for some reason they were asking about my experience outside of the program I did before, which was pretty slim... I don't know why they did that but yeah there usually aren't many tricky questions.
AliSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #150
reblog
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielinWonderland View Post
The answer to your first question is no, you cannot extend your program at DLR. However, you can apply to stay on after the program as a CT or CR. If you do that, you will have to find your own housing and will be a regular cast member.

You can apply to both programs at the same time, and you can indicate a preference in your interview, but you will only get one offer. For my first program, I applied for both and requested WDW in my interview, but was offered DLR. For my second program (2 weeks from now!) I applied for both again but requested WDW, and that's where I'm going.
Aw, that's too bad. I want to do it ASAP, but I also think doing Fall sounds more fun because of all the events, and my friend says doing Fall would be more convenient for her.

So, if I apply for Spring and get in, then decide I would rather wait until Fall, will not accepting the offer penalize me? I'm still trying to weigh the pros and cons of each semester, but I don't want to lose out on my chance if I decide Spring is better for me.

And, since I really don't think I could do WDW and be so far away, I think I'll only apply for DLR.

Also, what do CT and CR stand for? I'm new to the boards and still don't know all the terminology. Thanks so much for all of your help
reblog is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: